The Committee Room

Started by goldenyears, May 25, 2011, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 23, 2011, 11:20:43 AM
Quote from: ross matt on June 23, 2011, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: ardtole on June 23, 2011, 11:04:39 AM
The lads on newstalk are excellent every evening regardless of what sport they are discussing.

+1000.
They make working late bearable. Come across as a bunch of guys who have real passion for sport and can relate to the punters via intelligent analysis and humour. Cover a wide range of sports to plus some great interviews.

i enjoy listening to 2 of the lads but the bloke the commentates on the soccer matches does my head in

Ken Earley?

He's actually quite good, crap commentator but good analyst and has some great discussions with Graham Hunter, an acquired taste over time.

Newstalk's sports coverage puts RTE to shame when you match up their budgets.
#newbridgeornowhere

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 23, 2011, 11:42:21 AM
The lads on newstalk are excellent every evening regardless of what sport they are discussing.

+1000.
They make working late bearable. Come across as a bunch of guys who have real passion for sport and can relate to the punters via intelligent analysis and humour. Cover a wide range of sports to plus some great interviews.

i enjoy listening to 2 of the lads but the bloke the commentates on the soccer matches does my head in

Ken Earley?

He's actually quite good, crap commentator but good analyst and has some great discussions with Graham Hunter, an acquired taste over time.

Yeah he does my head in when listen to him commentating Dinny  . great show besides
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Dinny Breen

Yea I suppose their budget is too tight so the boys have to multi-task, always get the impression these guys would do it for free regardless.

Just listened to the CR replay there, insightful analysis on the Kildare game, if Kildare cut out the wides, stop Dublin scoring goals they are half-way there, wow :o
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

+1000.

Ken Earley?

+1. My wife always comments on the Newstalk lads when we are listening in the car or whatever. She thinks they are very easy to listen to and I agree. They are easy to listen to, sound like they are 'normal lads' (whatever that is) and they also are savage interested in sports.

Your man Murph is the archetype club footballer as well.

ross matt

+1000.

Ken Earley?

Agreed Dinny. I couldnt handle Ken's accent at first but he really is intelligent and passionate about his game. No bs to the man at all. Murph is a serious piss taker but genuinely funny.

When they bring Roddy Collins in to talk soccer and David Brady for gaelic football you wonder half the time are the newstalk lads laughing with them or at them. Entertaining those two loops are but for all the wrong reasons!

Croí na hÉireann

Dross again last night although Marie did brighten up the screen, any chance she could present this instead of the Martian?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 30, 2011, 12:38:27 PM
Dross again last night although Marie did brighten up the screen, any chance she could present this instead of the Martian?
Aye Marie was easy on the eye last night. Bernard looked like he was half-cut but it could be the poxy lighting in that crap set!

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 30, 2011, 11:04:24 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 30, 2011, 12:38:27 PM
Aye Marie was easy on the eye last night. Bernard looked like he was half-cut but it could be the poxy lighting in that crap set!

I thought the same about Bernard.....he sounded as if he had a few as well...pulled no punches....Tomás is better as Gaeilge i mo thuairimse
The Aristocrat Years

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tony Baloney

jodyb

Mc Hugh the only one to tip Derry. Cute hoorsim or what?  Other two fairly emphatic bout a Donegal win :(

ross4life

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 13, 2011, 08:13:41 PM
Is Eamon O'Hara OK ?
He seems to have lost a lot of weight? anyway he blew us up as the best in Connacht then only to tip Mayo to beat us.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: ross4life on July 13, 2011, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 13, 2011, 08:13:41 PM
Is Eamon O'Hara OK ?
He seems to have lost a lot of weight? anyway he blew us up as the best in Connacht then only to tip Mayo to beat us.

thats what i was thinking, looked a bit gaunt.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

LilySavage

RTEs coverage of GAA is awful. Ger Canning commentating on games where he clearly has no interest. This new magazine show is so boring I cant even watch it. I remember they one alled Breaking Ball at the end of the 90s which was very good before they axed it. RTE cant get enough rugby, id say they are creamiing themselves at the thought of a World Cup this year. The Off The Ball lads are excellent, McDevitt should get a GAA show on RTE. The GAA gets bigger attendances in Irealand than rugby and soccer yet has to endure shoddy product on tv.Even the League of Ireland gets a half decent hour long programme on a Monday.