Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: statto on May 27, 2024, 08:29:13 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 27, 2024, 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on May 26, 2024, 10:15:01 PMDidn't know fleadhs and weddings were grounds to have games called off.
Ccc meeting with clubs in February it was agreed that clubs could request dates for weddings or special circumstances (golf classics etc) and county board would refix the game if the two clubs didn't come to an agreement on a refixture
I would have thought that clubs would be accomodating to one another regarding weddings surely as it would be swings and roundabouts as you would expect most clubs will have a wedding every year or two and the date of the wedding wont come out of the blue. 

My experience is the exact opposite. Clubs see weddings as an opportunity of playing a weakened opponent and would only accommodate if it was in their interests e.g. injuries etc. Very rarely have i seen clubs accommodate a request for a fixture change for a wedding months in advance.

Ideally clubs should be allowed one "free" weekend a season where they can request a fixture be changed but i do appreciate the issues that would cause with fixtures that are already a problem so understand why its not the case albeit I think the Fermanagh and Western allow this?

statto

Quote from: TabClear on May 27, 2024, 09:14:16 AM
Quote from: statto on May 27, 2024, 08:29:13 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 27, 2024, 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on May 26, 2024, 10:15:01 PMDidn't know fleadhs and weddings were grounds to have games called off.
Ccc meeting with clubs in February it was agreed that clubs could request dates for weddings or special circumstances (golf classics etc) and county board would refix the game if the two clubs didn't come to an agreement on a refixture
I would have thought that clubs would be accomodating to one another regarding weddings surely as it would be swings and roundabouts as you would expect most clubs will have a wedding every year or two and the date of the wedding wont come out of the blue. 

My experience is the exact opposite. Clubs see weddings as an opportunity of playing a weakened opponent and would only accommodate if it was in their interests e.g. injuries etc. Very rarely have i seen clubs accommodate a request for a fixture change for a wedding months in advance.

Ideally clubs should be allowed one "free" weekend a season where they can request a fixture be changed but i do appreciate the issues that would cause with fixtures that are already a problem so understand why its not the case albeit I think the Fermanagh and Western allow this?

In Armagh as far as I am aware the request goes to the county board and they approve the request and reschedule the fixtures accordingly.  There are generally a couple of re-fixture dates put in the calendar.  In Tyrone, I don't suppose it helps the normal club player the fact that the league starts so late in the season so probably limited room for movement for any refixtures and it is tough going playing Fri/Sun in the same weekend. 

ClubScene13

Trillick v Errigal Ciaran
Loughmacrory v Pomeroy
Dungannon v Omagh
Carrickmore v Dromore
Ardboe v Galbally
Killyclogher v Clonoe DRAW
Eglish v Donaghmore
Edendork v Coalisland

Aghyaran v Moortown
Greencastle v Stewartstown
Gortin v Kildress
Rock v Derrylaughan
Naomh Eoghan v Moy
Beragh v Fintona
Owen Roes v Clogher DRAW
Drumragh v Cookstown

Brackaville v Drumquin
Urney v Strabane
Castlederg v Eskra
Killyman v Glenelly
Brocagh v Clann na nGael
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh
Errigal Ciaran III v Donaghmore III

GaaGPT

Loughmacrory v Pomeroy
Dungannon v Omagh
Carrickmore v Dromore
Ardboe v Galbally
Killyclogher v Clonoe
Eglish v Donaghmore
Edendork v Coalisland

Aghyaran v Moortown
Gortin v Kildress
Rock v Derrylaughan
Naomh Eoghan v Moy
Beragh v Fintona
Owen Roes v Clogher
Drumragh v Cookstown

Brackaville v Drumquin
Urney v Strabane
Castlederg v Eskra
Killyman v Glenelly
Brocagh v Clann na nGael
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh

superstar_

Loughmacrory v Pomeroy
Dungannon v Omagh
Carrickmore v Dromore
Ardboe v Galbally
Killyclogher v Clonoe
Eglish v Donaghmore
Edendork v Coalisland

Aghyaran v Moortown
Gortin v Kildress
Rock v Derrylaughan
Naomh Eoghan v Moy
Beragh v Fintona
Owen Roes v Clogher
Drumragh v Cookstown

Brackaville v Drumquin
Urney v Strabane
Castlederg v Eskra
Killyman v Glenelly
Brocagh v Clann na nGael
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh
Errigal Ciaran III
v Donaghmore III

Onthe40

This tier 2 & 3 minor championship is some BS....  minors have played what 9-10 games already and now going into a b competition after being comprehensively beaten by Derry in the Ulster championship
Seriously...  club minor season is a shams, away behind, U16s has been delayed by a few months already ...

Do Tyrone need to be in a tier2 competition?

inowbest

Loughmacrory v Pomeroy
Dungannon v Omagh
Carrickmore v Dromore
Ardboe v Galbally
Killyclogher v Clonoe
Eglish v Donaghmore
Edendork v Coalisland

Aghyaran v Moortown
Gortin v Kildress
Rock v Derrylaughan
Naomh Eoghan v Moy
Beragh v Fintona
Owen Roes v Clogher
Drumragh v Cookstown

Brackaville v Drumquin
Urney v Strabane
Castlederg v Eskra
Killyman v Glenelly
Brocagh v Clann na nGael
Derrytresk v Tattyreagh

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Onthe40 on Today at 11:03:34 AMThis tier 2 & 3 minor championship is some BS....  minors have played what 9-10 games already and now going into a b competition after being comprehensively beaten by Derry in the Ulster championship
Seriously...  club minor season is a shams, away behind, U16s has been delayed by a few months already ...

What the GAA have done at national level to the Minor and U20 grades is a joke. The round robins and tiers have completely diluted the significance of the competitions. Added to this is the fact they added this format against the request of counties and the Ulster council. No speeches or interviews further adds to the idea that the GAA are trying to take the competitiveness out of the Minor grade.
Tyrone minors have played I believe 9 games this season and lost 4 of them and deservedly exited the Ulster Championship at the Semi Final stage against Derry. Should be season over and plenty to mull on for the team and players going forward into Under 20 age group. But instead of being finally able to rejoin up with their clubs and play the remaining league games, they are off to play a Tier B competition no one wants to be in that could potentially run for another 3 weeks.
At club level the minor season has been shambolic. CCC telling clubs players are available to clubs and then the county management telling players to not play and then some players playing and others not playing. Ridiculous.
If the GAA are going to insist on continuing down this route of Round Robin and tiers then Club Minor season should not start until late June and conclude prior to the Senior Club Championships starting.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on Today at 11:23:46 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on Today at 11:03:34 AMThis tier 2 & 3 minor championship is some BS....  minors have played what 9-10 games already and now going into a b competition after being comprehensively beaten by Derry in the Ulster championship

What the GAA have done at national level to the Minor and U20 grades is a joke. The round robins and tiers have completely diluted the significance of the competitions. Added to this is the fact they added this format against the request of counties and the Ulster council. No speeches or interviews further adds to the idea that the GAA are trying to take the competitiveness out of the Minor grade.
Tyrone minors have played I believe 9 games this season and lost 4 of them and deservedly exited the Ulster Championship at the Semi Final stage against Derry. Should be season over and plenty to mull on for the team and players going forward into Under 20 age group. But instead of being finally able to rejoin up with their clubs and play the remaining league games, they are off to play a Tier B competition no one wants to be in that could potentially run for another 3 weeks.
At club level the minor season has been shambolic. CCC telling clubs players are available to clubs and then the county management telling players to not play and then some players playing and others not playing. Ridiculous.
If the GAA are going to insist on continuing down this route of Round Robin and tiers then Club Minor season should not start until late June and conclude prior to the Senior Club Championships starting.
What I would like to see at club level would be -
A modified calendar along the lines of:

U12 - April - June
U14 - July - October (finish before school football begins)
U16 - March - June (starting after the conclusion of school football which is generally St Patrick's Day and the traditional club start anyway - County Minors available to all clubs as was supposed to be the case this year but enforced by CCC - problem would be lessened as less players affected)
U18 - Late June - September (beginning after County Minor season and exams and concluded prior to Senior championships)
Reserve (with anyone Over 16 eligible - giving those lads football through Spring) - April - August
Senior (Over 17 only eligible) - May - October

Onthe40

this is effectively what we had last year until our ccc went and changed it
From an u16 perspective lads have been training from jan for a march date, which was then moved to may, and has still not started..its absolutely rediculous

the reason club minor was moved to early in year was because it ran too late last year and schools werent happy, so now we have a situation where minors runs from start of year or earlier (preseason training) until sept/oct by looks of it...fekin crazy