The Official Blackberry Thread

Started by JimStynes, March 11, 2010, 11:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Anyone have a blackberry phone. I was thinking of getting one of Blackberry 9700 and was wondering if anyone has got this type of phone. I have been a nokia man for years and was also interested in the Nokia E72 which looks pretty similar to the Blackberry. Is a Blackberry worth all the hype?

Archie Mitchell

iPhone all the way Jim!

Orior

Why not an iPhone Jim?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Dont like touch screen phones lads. Ive been lookin at the Blackberry 9700 and the nokia e72 and i like the size of them and the qwerty keyboard thing. The instand chat thing looks like a good job with the blackberry aswell.

Uladh

Forgive my ignorance on blackberries / iphones, but...

you can connect to the net via your home wireless?

you have constant fast access to the net?

what are the costs of  the above?

what are the general costs of the handsets and the monthly usage?

JimStynes

The one i would be looking at would be 35 quid per month, free phone, for 600 mins, unlimited texts, free internet and free blackberry pack that you need apparently. I also get 50 for handing in my old phone and 3 months free insurance. That with phones 4u and a vodafone network.

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2010, 11:40:01 PM
Flowers, dresses, hotels, cars, meals, bands all the way Jim.

It's iPhone Jim, but not as we know it.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Quote from: Uladh on March 12, 2010, 12:16:11 AM

Forgive my ignorance on blackberries / iphones, but...

you can connect to the net via your home wireless?

you have constant fast access to the net?

what are the costs of  the above?

what are the general costs of the handsets and the monthly usage?

Yes

Yes - depending on the strength of the 3G signal in your area

Not sure about tarrifs at home, but its expensive enough monthly bill here $100+

I guess you can get them free on some tarrifs and service providers

There is a full thread on it - just search iPhone 3G

Candyman

I always had an iPhone but recently made the jump to Blackberry and have to say I'm well impressed!! Better all-rounder than the iphone and the blackberry server is superb!!! ;-)
Just 1 thing Jim, check Voda's fair usage policy for data and unlimited texts!!!

GetOffThePitch

was always a Nokia man and in the last few months went Blackberry. The curve 8900 i think it is.

Class phone- it's not flash and it does lack some of the addons my last Nokia maybe had but it just does all i need without any pissing about to be honest. Having messenger and email on the go at all times is a bonus. Would defo recommend. iPhones are for losers.

ONeill

I have the iPhone, herself has the Blackberry. I don't really see anything, at all, that'd make me want to jump across.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebigfella

Quote from: GetOffThePitch on March 12, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
was always a Nokia man and in the last few months went Blackberry. The curve 8900 i think it is.

Class phone- it's not flash and it does lack some of the addons my last Nokia maybe had but it just does all i need without any pissing about to be honest. Having messenger and email on the go at all times is a bonus. Would defo recommend. iPhones are for losers.

Are you 14  ::) Maybe you should get a job as a technology journalist.

thebigfella

Would not recommend the Storm but couldn't say a bad word against the Curve and 9700. Again it depends on your requirements, if you send alot of mails on the move they are ideal due to the keyboard. I'd disagree about it being a better all rounder, browsing the web is tedious and the media player is no where near as good as the Iphone. For all the shite in the Iphone app store, there are apps I couldn't live without. The Sonas controller app is superb, I can switch the music on in the house before I get in the front door  ;)

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on March 12, 2010, 10:31:22 AM
I have the iPhone, herself has the Blackberry. I don't really see anything, at all, that'd make me want to jump across.

Different thread for that sort of thing, we're talking about phones here.
MWWSI 2017

Asal Mor

I've been experimenting with having no mobile for the last few weeks. There's a lot to be said for it - great peace without it. I'd only miss it in an emergency. God be with the days when a blackberry was a fruit.