Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Wouldn't be hard really, isn't Di Santo loaned to Blackburn, not up to the standard and will have to develop alot to meet the grade.

Chelsea with Essien back is a massive boost.

Eastern_Pride

Ancelotti's diamond on sunday to start without zhirkov but malouda to provide efficient cover....shevchenko may make the bench.....mancienne to be considered.....
Chelsea 2-1 aet sturridge with the winner
I think this year's going to be a close on, going down to the wire but my blue-tinted glasses tell me carlo has the josé touch...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

DennistheMenace

Carlo doesn't exactly have a great managerial league record though does it ?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 08, 2009, 12:50:12 AM
Ah yeah sure all he's won is...
Italian Cup
Serie A
Italian SuperCup
Champions League(2)
UEFA SuperCup
World Club Cup
He is a proven silverware winning manager so whats your argument?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: cill_dara on August 08, 2009, 01:00:03 AM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 08, 2009, 12:09:11 AM
Chelsea 2-1 aet sturridge with the winner

Hard when he signed for wigan on loan for abit. But id say it will go all the way to pens again!
Nope, thats scott sinclair.....

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 08, 2009, 01:00:41 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 08, 2009, 12:50:12 AM
Ah yeah sure all he's won is...
Italian Cup
Serie A
Italian SuperCup
Champions League(2)
UEFA SuperCup
World Club Cup
He is a proven silverware winning manager so whats your argument?

Are you dumb ?

I said 'league' yet ou quote a load of knock-out competitions and one Serie A titles that he's won.

My point is, one domestic trophy in 8 seasons in charge of AC Milan is an atrocious return, yes he has won the CL but with the teams he had he should have won a lot more imo considering he had a team of players that included the likes of Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Pato, Gattuso, and Stam.

Obvisouly prioritises that CL which is probably the reason Roman brought him in.

magpie seanie

Norf - don't think Chelsea are much stronger but I think they are probably the team to beat for United. Chelsea were all over the place at times under Scolari but under Hiddink were good and will be at least the same again. city will gather a lot of points but I don't think they can win it. Usually need to have been in contention before to have enough experience of a run-in to win it.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2009, 12:57:29 PM
Norf - don't think Chelsea are much stronger but I think they are probably the team to beat for United. Chelsea were all over the place at times under Scolari but under Hiddink were good and will be at least the same again. city will gather a lot of points but I don't think they can win it. Usually need to have been in contention before to have enough experience of a run-in to win it.

I think that's the key. Is Ancellotti Scolari, or Hiddink. I think the closer he gets to the Guus scale, the closer Chelsea are to winning it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 08, 2009, 02:00:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2009, 12:57:29 PM

I think that's the key. Is Ancellotti Scolari, or Hiddink. I think the closer he gets to the Guus scale, the closer Chelsea are to winning it.
Hopefully for us, ancelotti is similar to hiddink in that he is a proven club manager. Scolari never found sucess unless he was around portugese speaking people and ancelotti pinpointed this, learning English which will be the key to Chelsea's revival(!) he will form a team attitude which is what scolari never seemed to grasp....

TacadoirArdMhacha

Charity shield lost on penalties. Result fairly irrelevant. Didn't see the match as I only have SS1 and the cricket was on. Heard Evra's penalty was pathetic. Good to see Rooney amongst the goals, Nani likely to be out for a few weeks after dislocating his shoulder.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

tyroneboi

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 09, 2009, 06:25:17 PM
Charity shield lost on penalties. Result fairly irrelevant. Didn't see the match as I only have SS1 and the cricket was on. Heard Evra's penalty was pathetic. Good to see Rooney amongst the goals, Nani likely to be out for a few weeks after dislocating his shoulder.

Giggs' penalty was just as bad. Didn't see much of it but bit of controversy over Chelsea's 2nd goal where Ballack seemed to foul Evra, the free kick wasn't given and Evra was down on the ground supposedly injured. Chelsea didn't knock the ball out for Evra to receive attention and went on and scored through Lampard. I thought there was guidelines that it was up to the referee to stop play for an injured player but you still see teams kick the ball out of play for injured players. Probably should be clarified before the season begins.

Minder

It is up to the ref to stop the game, not the players to put the ball out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

Plus while Ballack deserved at least yellow if not red (ref played advantage but Uninted subsequently lost the ball), there was nothing wrong with Evra, and he could easily have got straight up and played on, in which case he could well have been in position to stop the goal. Neither the ref not Chelsea did anything wrong by allowing play to continue. But United fully deserved the last minute equaliser.

Both keepers were unimpressive, particularly Foster. He's clearly hugely talented, but he's going to make mistakes. Of course dropping him isnt the answer as it'll knock his confidence. Difficult decision to make.

Rooney for player of the season...???

magpie seanie

Didnt see any of it but from the description of the Evra/Ballack incident I'm encouraged. There's way too much stopping the play for players who are clarly not injured. Lets hope the refs apply this consistently throughout the season and that Evra has learned his lesson in a game that didn't really matter.

David McKeown

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 09, 2009, 08:21:14 PM
Didnt see any of it but from the description of the Evra/Ballack incident I'm encouraged. There's way too much stopping the play for players who are clarly not injured. Lets hope the refs apply this consistently throughout the season and that Evra has learned his lesson in a game that didn't really matter.

The problem with the incident was not two minutes before the ref stopped the game because Ballack went down and was clearly no more injured than Evra.  As a result Utd were stopped on the edge of the Chelsea penalty area.  I think this was probably what annoyed Man Utd more, the incredibly inconsistent decision making of Foy.  Evident again when he booked Evra and Owen but failed to book Carvallho in the last minute
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner