Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronSports

I think the target this season has to be to not take too far of a step back. While we would love to be looking up there's been too much change to the starting 15 and maintaining our status would be very good this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 14, 2024, 03:21:57 PMI think the target this season has to be to not take too far of a step back. While we would love to be looking up there's been too much change to the starting 15 and maintaining our status would be very good this year.

Don't think the leagues are changing too much so it's a free shot this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Dublin given serious space there. Has micheal Bradley pulled the plug to, he's our best winter hurler.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

saffman

Pretty sure Michael Bradley is recovering from a shoulder injury from last year but very much expected to play this year - anyone know different?

How far is Ciaran Clarke from returning?

Is Conor Johnston still on the panel this year?

Nigel Elliott? Has he walked too? If so disappointing having only rejoined last year.

I hope we haven't lost too much experience and replaced totally with younger guys. Div 1 needs a fair bit of steel that i feel comes with age

SaffronSports

The ones I know for definite are Ryan Elliott, Joe Maskey, Keelan Molloy and Eoin O'Neill. Add Neil to that and it's a big loss. Hopefully, the other ones mentioned here just have wee niggles and will be back for the league as that's a big lot of lads to do without.

NorthAntrim

Surprised to see Coby off the frees. Was he carrying an injury or was never getting the full game so started mcmullan who they had planned 70mins?

Kidder81

Quote from: NorthAntrim on January 15, 2024, 12:47:07 PMSurprised to see Coby off the frees. Was he carrying an injury or was never getting the full game so started mcmullan who they had planned 70mins?

I assume just testing him for down the road, if Coby can't play or isn't going well on them. Just another option I'm guessing. Now is the time to try these things when it doesent really matter.

SaffronSports

Coby definitely took 3 or 4 in the first half as I was wondering (again) about the action he uses every time. Early on it seemed Rian took a few close in ones and Coby the ones further out as he was playing much deeper.

NorthAntrim

James McNaughton is also a decent long range free taker

barnish oggie

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 14, 2024, 08:42:25 PMThe ones I know for definite are Ryan Elliott, Joe Maskey, Keelan Molloy and Eoin O'Neill. Add Neil to that and it's a big loss. Hopefully, the other ones mentioned here just have wee niggles and will be back for the league as that's a big lot of lads to do without.

I thought Seaan and Nigel were heading away as well.

Might be wrong about Seaan but pretty sure I read that Nigel is definitely travelling again.

saffron123

Ryan Elliott and the GF travelling for the full year, Keelan M & Seaan E both heading to Australia. Nigel heading shortly to work in Dubai.

NorthAntrim

Theres no way dunloy win another championship without those 4

imtommygunn

Championship a good while away though.

SaffronSports

Quote from: barnish oggie on January 16, 2024, 10:46:49 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 14, 2024, 08:42:25 PMThe ones I know for definite are Ryan Elliott, Joe Maskey, Keelan Molloy and Eoin O'Neill. Add Neil to that and it's a big loss. Hopefully, the other ones mentioned here just have wee niggles and will be back for the league as that's a big lot of lads to do without.

Might be wrong about Seaan but pretty sure I read that Nigel is definitely travelling again.

I was basing it on an article from November which does mention Seaan too but missed him in my post.

Seems Nigel gone too according to multiple posters.

Need to try to survive this year while bedding in a few new ones. That's close to half a team and nearly all starters too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on January 16, 2024, 10:46:49 AM

I was basing it on an article from November which does mention Seaan too but missed him in my post.

Seems Nigel gone too according to multiple posters.

Need to try to survive this year while bedding in a few new ones. That's close to half a team and nearly all starters too.

So what way will the NHL be run this year? I don't think there is relegation as such.. Winning one game to stay in LMcC will be the objective and trying to unearth some new talent

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea