Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2012, 10:55:59 AM
For better or worse, club championship action continues apace in Mayo. Hopefully all players will come through unscathed anyway. I suppose being at the last 8 stage will only impact certain players anyway.

i think it's good that the matches are played deelin , Kilkenny play their club champioship games as well. A player could get hurt in training as easily as a club match .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

TyrionLannister

Its intense enough at county level with meetings and trainings so a break and being back with the clubs is no harm at all for the hunger.

Crete Boom

Quote from: TyrionLannister on August 10, 2012, 11:05:04 AM
Its intense enough at county level with meetings and trainings so a break and being back with the clubs is no harm at all for the hunger.

Yeah I don't really like the way club championships are put into hibernation by some counties. I think good intense rivalry at club level , paticularly in the knockout phase brings a welcome change to intercounty training/challenge matches and a different challange which can only sharpen and improve our county players at this stage. As was stated earlier there's just as much chance of injury in a training match as there is in a club match.

TyrionLannister

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 10, 2012, 11:31:42 AM

Yeah I don't really like the way club championships are put into hibernation by some counties. I think good intense rivalry at club level , paticularly in the knockout phase brings a welcome change to intercounty training/challenge matches and a different challange which can only sharpen and improve our county players at this stage. As was stated earlier there's just as much chance of injury in a training match as there is in a club match.

Thats all true.

I dont follow the club scene as much as I would like, but I hear there is uproar down in Mayo regarding county players not being released to clubs on the Tuesday before club championships, some 7 day rule is not being applied? Was that the case under JOM?

sans pessimism

Quote from: TyrionLannister on August 10, 2012, 11:35:01 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 10, 2012, 11:31:42 AM

Thats all true.

I dont follow the club scene as much as I would like, but I hear there is uproar down in Mayo regarding county players not being released to clubs on the Tuesday before club championships, some 7 day rule is not being applied? Was that the case under JOM?
From the beginning of time in all counties
there is hassle between club and county
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Lar Naparka

I'd agree with that. I also think it's unfair to the clubs to have their other players twiddling their thumbs while the county players are off  playing AvB matches.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

For better or worse, club championship action continues apace in Mayo. Hopefully all players will come through unscathed anyway. I suppose being at the last 8 stage will only impact certain players anyway.

At least our goalie and full back are safe  ;)
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 10, 2012, 02:42:59 PM

At least our goalie and full back are safe  ;)

Why, is the relegation playoff not this weekend? They'll certainly be needed for that one.

By the way Mayo4Sam how many All Ireland club titles have Knockmore again 8)

Farrandeelin

FFS, let's discuss Mayo v Dublin... I'm sure by the time Knockmore havve 36 SFCs we'll have more than just one all Ireland! :P I know, I know we'll not see 36 in my lifetime but just said I'd answer the question ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2012, 04:04:59 PM
FFS, let's discuss Mayo v Dublin... I'm sure by the time Knockmore havve 36 SFCs we'll have more than just one all Ireland! :P I know, I know we'll not see 36 in my lifetime but just said I'd answer the question ;)

If they do get 36  Farr in the next 40 years I'd happily nominate changing the county colours to Knockmore's but until then just remember who the aristocrats of Mayo football are when you next see the green and red in Croker on Sept 2nd. 8)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 10, 2012, 04:10:21 PM

If they do get 36  Farr in the next 40 years I'd happily nominate changing the county colours to Knockmore's but until then just remember who the aristocrats of Mayo football are when you next see the green and red in Croker on Sept 2nd. 8)

Yeah don't you Forget Crete, the 1st Mayo club to bring Andy Merrigan to the plains of Mayo  ;) 8)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Crete Boom

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 10, 2012, 04:14:17 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 10, 2012, 04:10:21 PM

Yeah don't you Forget Crete, the 1st Mayo club to bring Andy Merrigan to the plains of Mayo  ;) 8)

Fair enough Deel I suppose every Dog has it's day but don't forget 13 county title's in a row , even the great Crossmaglen could only equal it but then again I wouldn't put it past them to have another go!

Farrandeelin

Alright, alright, calm down, calm down! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2012, 04:45:42 PM
Alright, alright, calm down, calm down! ;D

Ah Sure there's nothing like good dust up on a Friday evening with the bandits to the south and the west.  ;D

johnpower

Kieran Shannon working with the Mayo squad is a good thing.