Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on August 07, 2012, 06:27:46 PM
I heard we were like a beaten dressing room after the Down match as the enormity of the implications of Andy s injury sank in. The Irish Times report suggests that Horan was fairly depressed by it and I dont blame. Morale cant be great at training tonight. We badly need a boost from somewhere and maybe the gloom will lift over the next couple of weeks. Right now I m not really looking forward to this one.

Moran was smiling and joking with the rest of his team mates on Saturday night i was surprised he wasn't more down after a injury like but i guess he believes in team to deliver without him.

From everything I know Andy's a very positive lad and he'd know the worst thing he could do after the loss of himself would be to be causing more worry than is already there. I'm sure he's gutted but a leader doesn't pass their ills on to others.

Who would be the best distributor of Varley, Doherty, Freeman and Varley? They won't win the amount of ball Andy does or pose as much of a threat but it'll be key that whoever does has the vision to provide good ball for the other forwards.

sans pessimism

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 07, 2012, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: maigheo on August 07, 2012, 10:20:18 PM
There are posters over on the Hogan stand :) saying that a certain Crossmolina forward was invited on to the panel but declined.It probably is B.S . but just wondering who the other players are?

Probably Willie joe and jinkin Joe .
Paddy Prendergast is standin by the phone at his
home in Tralee. He's 87 so he's probably only good for
the last 20
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

sans pessimism

Quote from: moysider on August 08, 2012, 12:30:34 AM
I m still gutted. There is no silver lining to this cloud.

Samuel Beckett must have been a Mayoman. ' you must go on, I can't go on, I ll go on'

Samuel would know how I feel. Pity he died.
Jasus Moy ya'll give yerself a hernia!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Check this out.

http://www.spailpin.blogspot.com.es/

The begining is very Beckettian in mood, which I like.

The second half will appeal to the more optimistic among ye.

Tubberman

Quote from: moysider on August 08, 2012, 12:34:58 PM
Check this out.

Rise up, Moysider! Stand tall and get the blood pumping again!
All is not lost, an opportunity awaits ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ck

Wishing Andy Moran a speedy recovery. A great lad and terrific player

Syferus

Check this out.

"Andy Moran isn't irreplaceable"

Essentially he is, though. Horan will need to modify the game-plan because whoever plays 14 won't be as much a fulcrum of the attack as Andy was. Trying to replace him would likely only end in one result, defeat.

I'd imagine they'll try to run Dillion and co. at Dublin more, Keith Higgins has shown great attacking play for a corner back and they'll need him and Colm Boyle on form if they want a team that doesn't feel like it has a gaping hole at its head.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
Check this out.

Essentially he is, though. Horan will need to modify the game-plan because whoever plays 14 won't be as much a fulcrum of the attack as Andy was. Trying to replace him would likely only end in one result, defeat.

I'd imagine they'll try to run Dillion and co. at Dublin more, Keith Higgins has shown great attacking play for a corner back and they'll need him and Colm Boyle on form if they want a team that doesn't feel like it has a gaping hole at its head.

Id imagine Higgins will spend his afternoon watching alan brogan, he may not get forward too much, heres hoping  ;)

Tubberman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 08, 2012, 06:04:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 08, 2012, 01:29:53 PM
Check this out.

Id imagine Higgins will spend his afternoon watching alan brogan, he may not get forward too much, heres hoping  ;)

Brogan gave Keith a roasting in 06. Maybe Moysider can see what's in store again!
Keith is great at turning defence into attack, but we have better defenders. So it mightn't be him that is asked to follow Brogan around this time.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

heffo

Hopefully A Brogans return will see B Brogan & Connolly return to form and if all three play to potential I think Dubs will do it.

I'd Dubs play as lethargic as their last three games then they will lose

In 2006 Mayo struggled over a Laois team and turned it on in the semi final

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on August 08, 2012, 06:44:02 PM
Hopefully A Brogans return will see B Brogan & Connolly return to form and if all three play to potential I think Dubs will do it.

That was a better Laois team though heffo, they beat Tyrone who were the reigning AI champions before that IIRC. Dubs have to turn it on and I believe they will but hard to see them getting up to the necessary level for more than likely Cork in the final.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

RandyDupree

Is Aiden Kilcoyne still on the Mayo panel?

maigheo

Quote from: RandyDupree on August 10, 2012, 12:36:30 AM
Is Aiden Kilcoyne still on the Mayo panel?
NO.He was dropped off the panel last spring and has been unable to get back in .He now works in London so it is unlikely he will feature in the foreseeable future.  i always rated him highly and it seemed he was reaching his potential until he picked up a bad shoulder injury in the all ireland quarter final v Meath in 2009.

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 09, 2012, 12:44:19 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 08, 2012, 06:44:02 PM

That was a better Laois team though heffo, they beat Tyrone who were the reigning AI champions before that IIRC. Dubs have to turn it on and I believe they will but hard to see them getting up to the necessary level for more than likely Cork in the final.

Possibly a better Laois team but were still beaten by about 15points by the Dubs that year.

Plus they beat a Tyrone team missing a heap of players in monsoon conditions

Farrandeelin

For better or worse, club championship action continues apace in Mayo. Hopefully all players will come through unscathed anyway. I suppose being at the last 8 stage will only impact certain players anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.