GAA player critical after off the ball incident in San Francisco

Started by mick999, June 28, 2011, 09:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Too many stories are being thrown around him and the players and people close to him are being told to use a degree of caution and respect when distributing info about it. They were told not to be writing anything on facebook or twitter.

AidyMac

EagleLord

I should imagine people will give generously, obviously a good cause.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EagleLord on July 14, 2011, 08:32:14 PM
Too many stories are being thrown around him and the players and people close to him are being told to use a degree of caution and respect when distributing info about it. They were told not to be writing anything on facebook or twitter.
Obviously need to keep a lid on things if there is any ongoing investigation. Hope he gets through this. Nice touch to have the collection.

heffo

MRI scan yesterday - prognosis not good at all.

Very significant medical bills and no insurance.

mannix

I hope that fella will pull through this, the medical bills would be astronomical but very secondary to coming out alive and well. I suppose the assailant will be having a tough time too, he would be in serious trouble if all does not end up rosy. A moment of madness can change everything.
Good luck to them all

AbbeySider

Quote from: heffo on July 15, 2011, 01:03:57 AM

WTF?
Are the GAA clubs not insured over there? The Ulster club in San Fran should be paying every penny of the medical bills.

heffo

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 15, 2011, 09:25:26 AM

WTF?
Are the GAA clubs not insured over there? The Ulster club in San Fran should be paying every penny of the medical bills.

The GAA insurance scheme doesn't cover units abroad.

I believe the Ulster club are pulling out all the stops but the bills are VERY significant.

AbbeySider

Quote from: heffo on July 15, 2011, 09:34:13 AM

WTF?

I believe the Ulster club are pulling out all the stops but the bills are VERY significant.

Surely there is some insurance for sports and athletic clubs that cover GAA in the USA?
Its a very tragic twist to a desperate situation. I hope he pulls through.

heffo

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 15, 2011, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: heffo on July 15, 2011, 09:34:13 AM

WTF?

Surely there is some insurance for sports and athletic clubs that cover GAA in the USA?
Its a very tragic twist to a desperate situation. I hope he pulls through.

I'm not sure of the exact insurance situation as it's ad-hoc at times, but there was no insurance cover in this case.

I believe he'll pull through, his family are over there at the moment, but early indications are that it won't be much beyond pulling through.

I certainly hope I'm very wrong.

AZOffaly

Does anyone know if there's a fund or anything? He's in the right place to get excellent care, but he will need insurance money or else some other way of paying his bills.

Jinxy

Lads has a bank account been set up for this?
Never mind collections, set up an account and put the word out among GAA members nationwide.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

EagleLord

Good idea alright, if its a job like that, people will gives fivers, tenners and more, not throw lose change into a bucket.