Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 18, 2015, 10:52:11 AM
Can't understand Loughgiel at all, they have given a few of their younger players a chance all year (and they have proved themselves), come Championship - its back to as close as possible to the 2012 All Ireland winning team.

Loughgiel just don't seem to have the answers, Cushendall have out played and out witted them last year and done so again for half of the abandoned game.  Not that it isn't plain to be seen, but it just proves how much Loughgiel miss Jim Nelson's (RIP) input/influence for the tactical side of things.

Cushendall to out smart and out play them once again - Loughgiel to finish the game with less than 15 players and maybe one less on the side!   

Christy to score the first goal.

If you like a punt, best to get on Cushendall now - their odds have been cut significantly over the past few days but are still super value at 9/4 or 5/2 to win this game!

Very dangerous predictions there, fuelling the LG fires or maybe that was the intention.  ;)

Hirty Darry

Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2015, 10:54:02 AM
Can't understand Loughgiel at all, they have given a few of their younger players a chance all year (and they have proved themselves), come Championship - its back to as close as possible to the 2012 All Ireland winning team.

Loughgiel just don't seem to have the answers, Cushendall have out played and out witted them last year and done so again for half of the abandoned game.  Not that it isn't plain to be seen, but it just proves how much Loughgiel miss Jim Nelson's (RIP) input/influence for the tactical side of things.

Cushendall to out smart and out play them once again - Loughgiel to finish the game with less than 15 players and maybe one less on the side!   

If you like a punt, best to get on Cushendall now - their odds have been cut significantly over the past few days but are still super value at 9/4 or 5/2 to win this game!

Very dangerous predictions there, fuelling the LG fires or maybe that was the intention.  ;)

Nothing dangerous about them - just an educated guess as to how things may pan out.

Cushendall will have enough fire fighters anyhow!

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 17, 2015, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 17, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
I'd think he'd be interested if things can be sorted out within the whole county set up, but not until loughgiel are out of the championship his suspension has lapsed of course. One thing for sure, he'll give it his all if he does end up County manager.

He'll will probably be on the line again on Sunday but he can't keep putting off the inevitable - he will be at a loose end after Sunday anyway.
he wasn't suspended.  ::)

Is this true though SIE? You may not be as informed as you think you are!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 18, 2015, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 17, 2015, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 17, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 15, 2015, 10:35:14 PM
I'd think he'd be interested if things can be sorted out within the whole county set up, but not until loughgiel are out of the championship his suspension has lapsed of course. One thing for sure, he'll give it his all if he does end up County manager.

He'll will probably be on the line again on Sunday but he can't keep putting off the inevitable - he will be at a loose end after Sunday anyway.
he wasn't suspended.  ::)

Is this true though SIE? You may not be as informed as you think you are!
it would appear I'm better informed than you. Pj wasn't suspended.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Last Man

Quote from: Antrim2011 on September 18, 2015, 12:36:01 AM
3 good hurling games this weekend, with the SHC semi final and the IHC And JHC finals..
I predict

Loughiel vs Cushendall.. Loughiel Cushendall, think they'll still be able to get under loughgiel's skin
Carey vs Creggan        -- Carey Creggan, they are well used to a final and will have their preferred 15 starting which hasn't always been the case in the league
St Treases vs Rasharkin -- Rasharkin St.Theresa's, any big game between these 2 in recent years St.Ts have won. This will weigh on Rasharkin

thoughts??

north aontroim gael

This puzzled me as well.  Couldn't believe none of Sian McGrath, Ronan McCloskey, Damon McMullan, Dan McCloskey or Maol Connolly started the last day.  I'd be amazed if that's the case this time around.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 18, 2015, 10:20:29 AM
If Watson hurls midfield we'll just send Graffin after him.

yeah was thinking that as well but that would play to LW, hes more adapt at playing that role in the middle.

Interesting battle!
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 18, 2015, 01:00:43 PM

yeah was thinking that as well but that would play to LW, hes more adapt at playing that role in the middle.

Interesting battle!

DR when if ever did he play MF for LG? Im struggling to think of a time other than fleeting instances during a game when he was naturally there.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2015, 01:07:22 PM

Interesting battle!

DR when if ever did he play MF for LG? Im struggling to think of a time other than fleeting instances during a game when he was naturally there.

agianst St Galls, came on into the middle when they were struggling and basically turned the game in Lgiels favour. I thought he has a good second half and was basically the diff in them winning the game.

Prior to that they lost that battle big time.

SIE would know when hes played in MF for them in the league. Im nearly certain ive seen him lined out there a few times. Usually he has occupied either 10 or 14 for lgiel over the years.

I personally think he would be a good midfielder as he uses the ball well and has the ability to hurl with the head up. The legs might not be there now.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 18, 2015, 02:26:30 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 18, 2015, 01:07:22 PM

Interesting battle!

agianst St Galls, came on into the middle when they were struggling and basically turned the game in Lgiels favour. I thought he has a good second half and was basically the diff in them winning the game.

Prior to that they lost that battle big time.

SIE would know when hes played in MF for them in the league. Im nearly certain ive seen him lined out there a few times. Usually he has occupied either 10 or 14 for lgiel over the years.

I personally think he would be a good midfielder as he uses the ball well and has the ability to hurl with the head up. The legs might not be there now.

Like all good scoring forwards, keep them as far away from the goals as possible  ;)

Seamroga in exile

He played midfield in 2013 for a few games and was very effective. Personally I'd like to see him in the half forwards with the freedom to move about where he wants.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 18, 2015, 05:51:32 PM
He played midfield in 2013 for a few games and was very effective. Personally I'd like to see him in the half forwards with the freedom to move about where he wants.

He won't get much freedom on Sunday I'd imagine :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2015, 05:58:21 PM

hopefully all within the rules of the game.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 18, 2015, 06:06:56 PM

On both parts I'd imagine, no shrieking violet Liam
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 18, 2015, 06:09:43 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 18, 2015, 06:06:56 PM

On both parts I'd imagine, no shrieking violet Liam
definitely not, only one shrieker on the field.  ;D