Carmen Stateside

Quote from: hardstation on October 27, 2008, 12:59:35 AM
Top 5, in no particular order

My Big Mouth
Champagne Supernova
Supersonic
Live Forever
The Girl In The Dirty Shirt

Ah, f**k it. There are too many gooduns, to be left out.

:D
true! was trying to make a list there but it was getting very long!

Over the Bar

QuoteMasterplan is favourite of mine! Got a friend who does a great version of it 

Do a great version of it myself.  If I could sing it would be even better!

YogiBear

I see it says on the tickets that doors open at 6.30 what time do you reckon Oasis will be on stage hoping to get a good oul carry out into me before going but would hate to miss any of it.  Also any word about who are supporting them

The Gs Man

The Hours are supporting them.  Haven't heard much about them but you can check out their Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/thehours

Watched the full Electric Proms concert on the Red Button on BBC 1.  Absolutely class!!!
Keep 'er lit

YogiBear

I thought Liams voice sounded a bit fucked at the Electric Proms.  Dont like that orchestra shit tbh Oasis are greatest band alive and dont need any of that shit

Over the Bar

QuoteI see it says on the tickets that doors open at 6.30 what time do you reckon Oasis will be on stage hoping to get a good oul carry out into me before going but would hate to miss any of it.

Going by past gigs in Odyssey prob onstage about 9, play for 2 hours and then over at 11

The Gs Man

Quote from: YogiBear on October 28, 2008, 02:29:44 PM
I thought Liams voice sounded a bit fucked at the Electric Proms.  Dont like that orchestra shit tbh Oasis are greatest band alive and dont need any of that shit

I thought it sounded great.  The version of Masterplan was the best I've ever heard.   (It was a choir, not an orchestra!)
Keep 'er lit

YogiBear

Maybe i wasnt the best to judge his voice was just coming around after a severe hangover after several days on the drink.   Thought they might be on about nine thats plenty of time to get myself warmed up.  Roll on Thursday!!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: YogiBear on October 28, 2008, 02:29:44 PM

Agree that Liams vocals were not what they once were, maybe the years of abuse are catching up with him...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Donagh

Oasis in high level briefing with SF chief

By Maureen Coleman

Oasis superstars Noel and Liam Gallagher were brought up to speed about the peace process by Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness on board a flight to Belfast yesterday.

The brothers found themselves seated next to the Sinn Fein man on an afternoon flight from London ahead of last night's Odyssey Arena concert.

Eyewitnesses on the plane said Mr McGuinness seemed to be in deep conversation with the world-famous rockers.

When the flight arrived at George Best Belfast City Airport the Deputy First Minister shook their hands before alighting.

One woman, who did not wish to be named, said she could not believe her eyes when she saw the Gallaghers.

"I went over and got my photograph taken with Liam. He was really lovely but a lot smaller than I imagined," she said.

The band were then ushered out through an emergency exit at the airport.

Last night a spokesman for Mr McGuinness confirmed that he had met the Gallaghers on board the flight to Belfast and that they had seemed interested in the ongoing Ulster peace process.

"Martin has met the Gallagher brothers before at Heathrow Airport and, yes, he was talking to them again yesterday," he said. "They seemed genuinely interested in what is going on here and seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the situation as well."

The spokesman said that Mr McGuinness liked the band's music and that his favourite Oasis song was their massive hit anthem Wonderwall. But he said he would not be attending either last night's or tonight's shows at the Odyssey due to work commitments.

The Gs Man

Anybody go last night? Any use?  What have I in store for tonight?
Keep 'er lit

fitzroyalty

heard one of the gallaghers got slapped by a coin. going tnight myself, should be a cracker

TORGAEL

Going tonight myself. Anyone got news of last nites gig ?

el_cuervo_fc

I was at it last night, great show.  Suffering now for it

full back

Anyone want this seating ticket for a score?