Oasis

Started by The Gs Man, August 15, 2008, 09:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 30, 2008, 03:35:26 PM
I was at it last night, great show.  Suffering now for it

Was the bar handy got at or did ye have to queue for ages?
Keep 'er lit

Doohicky

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 30, 2008, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 30, 2008, 03:35:26 PM
I was at it last night, great show.  Suffering now for it

Was the bar handy got at or did ye have to queue for ages?

Bar for standing area is a nightmare. Only a single bar for the entire crowd. You can get up to 4 beers at a time.
My advise would be to get well tanked up before hand. Get to the bar and buy 4 (Only beer available, nothing else) and then walk in with them.

Show was really good. They started around 9 and finished about 10.20 before coming back for encore. Finished with I am the Walrus.
Played loads of the classics.

rolloutking

Fckn amaing show last night. I was standing and was near enough at the front. Looked round at one stage during Dont look back in Anger and absolutely everyone in the stadium was standing with their arms in the air singing 'And so, Sally can wait'

There was loads of tickets flying round outside beforehand. One of the lads with us got a standing ticket for £40.

Seriously considering going tonight again.

DownFanatic

Unreal last night. I thought they were very good. Got loaded before I went in. Bought a couple of pints in there but must have queued for about 20 minutes to get them.

Think they played about 7 new tunes and about 13 classics. Highlight was definitely Don't Look Back in Anger. I am the Walrus at the end was also amazing.

One dissapointment was that they didn't play Live Forever

Maguire01

Seems like the quality of an Oasis gig increases in line with how hammered you get at it!

ExiledGael

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 30, 2008, 06:24:42 PM
Seems like the quality of an Oasis gig increases in line with how hammered you get at it!

Doesn't everything

Maguire01

The Gs Man

I must be getting old.  Total spidefest put me right off.  Never seen so many spides congregating in one place in my life.

Oasis sounded good but looked as if they couldn't be arsed being there.

Seen them 10 times now.  I think that'll be my last.
Keep 'er lit

screenexile

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 31, 2008, 09:04:19 AM
I must be getting old.  Total spidefest put me right off.  Never seen so many spides congregating in one place in my life.

I came on here to put my appraisal of the gi up and Gs man hit the nail completely on the head... fcukin spide central last night. Smoking away and doing coke like mad inside the place. "Aye Oasis fuckin' lefal mate" Were they hell... awful performance neither of them barely broke breath to the crowd and look like a band going through the motions, I would have had just as much enjoyment watching familiar to millions at home and at least there was a bit of personality to them then.

I was thinking of heading to Slane but I'm put right off that idea now. They need to put some effort into the thing rather than churning out the same thing every night.

Maguire01

Two more see the light!  :D

The Gs Man

QuoteI would have had just as much enjoyment watching familiar to millions at home and at least there was a bit of personality to them then.

haha.

I'd have been safer staying in and watching myself on TV......
Keep 'er lit

fitzroyalty

Quote from: screenexile on October 31, 2008, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 31, 2008, 09:04:19 AM

I came on here to put my appraisal of the gi up and Gs man hit the nail completely on the head... fcukin spide central last night. Smoking away and doing coke like mad inside the place. "Aye Oasis fuckin' lefal mate" Were they hell... awful performance neither of them barely broke breath to the crowd and look like a band going through the motions, I would have had just as much enjoyment watching familiar to millions at home and at least there was a bit of personality to them then.

I was thinking of heading to Slane but I'm put right off that idea now. They need to put some effort into the thing rather than churning out the same thing every night.

i was surrounded by spides. they arent half ive waving their mits in my face every 30 seconds... although this is the magic of Oasis, even spides like them.. small price to pay, brilliant night

TORGAEL

I was there last night, and have to say that despite the spides, and despite the bands indifference to interact with the crowd, it was a damn good nights entertainment.