Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Jamie Clarke gave Brady the run around last Sunday. Why was Brady left on him the whole game? Brady does not have the legs.

St Galls will walk the Antrim championship but they wont beat many teams in Ulster with boys like Darren Harbinson, Paul Veronica, Mark Kelly and Darren O'Hare playing. These boys are not up to it at this level. Can carry them through Antrim but not Ulster.

As for CJ(He looks heavy and unfit). He should have went for the first incident on Kerrnan.
New season - new reason

Don Johnson

I thought Veronica did ok on Sunday compared to the rest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on November 03, 2011, 02:35:32 PM
Jamie Clarke gave Brady the run around last Sunday. Why was Brady left on him the whole game? Brady does not have the legs.

St Galls will walk the Antrim championship but they wont beat many teams in Ulster with boys like Darren Harbinson, Paul Veronica, Mark Kelly and Darren O'Hare playing. These boys are not up to it at this level. Can carry them through Antrim but not Ulster.

As for CJ(He looks heavy and unfit). He should have went for the first incident on Kerrnan.

says a lot about the standard of the other teams in Antrim then Chb! With that post the other teams are truly cap!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mont

meh
most top level antrim and armagh clubs are off similar standard bar rangers - not great

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Mont on November 03, 2011, 05:17:06 PM
meh
most top level antrim and armagh clubs are off similar standard bar rangers - not great

You should probably extend that to the rest of Ulster.  I can't see any teams coming close to Cross in Ulster this year

Shamrocks forever

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 03, 2011, 05:55:52 PM
meh

You should probably extend that to the rest of Ulster.  I can't see any teams coming close to Cross in Ulster this year
No doubt lads cross are the bench mark but to say no team will come close to them is a niave for 1 we respect them but dont fear them mark my words we will test them our boys are itching to get at them at the end of the day u wana play against the best an thats wat cross are, looking forward to the challenge  ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on November 03, 2011, 02:35:32 PM

Veronica played quite well - he made some fine catches and I don't recall who he was marking doing particularly much so you're a bit harsh on him. O'Hare hasn't the legs for midfield - don't understand why he was in there - but he wouldn't be too bad in full forward. The other two would be a bit inexperienced for cross.

If Galls had their best 15 Healy would be at the back in place of one of those two boys and O'Hare wouldn't be on. McGourty has struggled all year with injuries so couldn't be expected to be fit. St Galls were about 3 players down(all county players) - with those 3 they wouldn't have been close either but they were particularly decimated for sunday and against cross no-one can afford to be. It was close to a 20 point game.

St Galls will win antrim handy enough for about another 4 years then I think their period of dominance will be over. Lamh Dhearg will probably be next though it depends on Creggan. Antrim football is rubbish - the county team is actually better than it was despite club football standards having dropped significantly. The standard of club football in armagh would be a lot higher. It gets a bad rep due to cross. Pearse og were about an inch away from stopping galls AI let's not forget.

Milltown Row2

I think we drew with Lamhs one year before winning Ulster. Does that mean Lamhs were second best team in Ulster ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2011, 10:18:02 PM
I think we drew with Lamhs one year before winning Ulster. Does that mean Lamhs were second best team in Ulster ?

If that's referring to my point my point is simply that a team in armagh who's not cross gave the all ireland winners a game. No team in antrim, bar st galls, could get even close to doing that. Pearse Og etc all get bad press due to Cross's dominance when in fact they're not actually bad teams. It is not a dig at st galls but just making the point that other armagh teams could be competitive they just don't get the chance.

weebob

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 03, 2011, 05:55:52 PM
meh

I don't think you should be extending anything to the rest of ulster there are a couple of team's left in ulster a lot better than st galls !

Milltown Row2

Well having beaten the best of the Down teams over the years they'll not be found in Down ;)

Though i have said Burren will give Cross their hardest game. Hunger and playing at your best is needed when playing them. We unfortunately didn't come up to that. Doesn't make us a bad team

weebob

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2011, 11:39:09 PM
Well having beaten the best of the Down teams over the years they'll not be found in Down ;)

Though i have said Burren will give Cross their hardest game. Hunger and playing at your best is needed when playing them. We unfortunately didn't come up to that. Doesn't make us a bad team
I didn't say you's are a bad team  i said their were better teams still left in the ulster c/ship ballinderry will be a very very tough team to beat

Magicsponge

Burren will be a team to watch out for in the near future. Ballinderry are a very good side, but I think St Galls were still the second best team in the competition, on their day they play some really good stuff altough they haven't been at it this year I think they have another couple of years left in them and I can see them wining another Ulster in the future.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Magicsponge on November 04, 2011, 12:47:52 PM
Burren will be a team to watch out for in the near future. Ballinderry are a very good side, but I think St Galls were still the second best team in the competition, on their day they play some really good stuff altough they haven't been at it this year I think they have another couple of years left in them and I can see them wining another Ulster in the future.

Maybe they can regroup and recharge, but I don't see it myself. It's been a long road for the majority of their players and it is showing. They are well able to walk through Antrim with their eyes closed again but even allowing for their injuries this year, I don't see the rejuvenation in the club to match what is ongoing in Cross, Ballinderry, or Burren for that matter.

BennyCake

Did St Galls give Cross a guard of honour last week?