Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 09:59:13 PM
On a side note i noticed Slab Murphy at Casement today,  Is he a Cross supporter?

I think he played for Cross but I stand to be corrected.  An explosive forward with a fantastic shooting range.  I think they were referring to the football anyway... ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 30, 2011, 05:45:50 PM
Cunningham should have walked and shouldn't have been on the pitch to be outstanding.

Cross a million miles the better team. 7 points isn't a true reflection of the difference in the team. Hard to see anyone beating them. Some cracking players who don't play county too.

Hanratty was as badly injured as I've ever seen anyone on a football pitch. Hope he's ok. Should have walked too.

Cross are such a good team - I fail to see why they need to get up to half the stuff they do. So many third men tackles and off the balls. No need for it.

McGourty is an eejit. I think he wanted to get sent off to get out of there.
I had a good view of the Cunningham incident it was right in front of me. At worst it was a yellow. He had actually pulled out of the tackle and contact was minimal but the Galls man went down like a premiership player. How McGourty stayed on the pitch as long as he did after his altercation with the Cross physio and the ammount of slabbering and handbagging I don't know. McQullian was overly fussy again and he and 2 linesmen and 2 umpires couldn't decide who was at fault for the bit of a schmozzle...So he booked the physio...good man joe. The Hannratty tackle which injured him was wreckless and had he not been stretchered of he could have seen red. St Galls were very disappointing though and should have been beaten by more. McEntee was very decisive on the line and moving McKenna back steadyed the ship. Stephen Kernan was very good, Clarke also and Cross's movement at times was sublime and they work like dogs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Joxer on October 31, 2011, 09:38:32 AM
In all fairness Milltown Row 2.  Your letting yourself and your club down with some of the shite your talking on here since the game. Embarrassing really!

Cheers Joxer, if you ask any of our members they would have a lot more to say than i have on here.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

As a neutral at the game yesterday I was in awe of some of the football Cross played in that first half yesterday. Pacey and clinical it looked like a serious ass whooping was about to occur. Also the way they came out in the 2nd half rattling off 2 goals looked ominous. They did fall away badly after that, maybe they knew they had the game won but I think Ballinderry are a better team than Gall's and faced sterner tests this year so Cross can't afford to do that again.

Gall's styly of play worked when they had pace but some of their main players are that bit older now and missing a few big players didn't help. Cross ate it up all the way through the first half albeit not legally. Someone mentioned about Cross playing over the edge... it had to be seen to be believed! Gall's teid to build their running game but 90% of the time the man running was taken out after the ball. A bit like New Zealand in the Rugby you play to the limit of what the ref will allow and Cross certainly did that.

Anyway I think Cross v Ballinderry will be a belter. Both play a kicking game, strong and have pace in the right areas. Both teams also have a good blend of youth and experience. It really could go either way but I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and call a Ballinderry victory after a replay!!

Don Johnson

Revised betting:

Crossmaglen    8/15
Burren    7/2
Ballinderry    5/1
Glenswilly    9/1
Latton    25/1
Roslea    50/1

All Ireland:

Crossmaglen    7/4
Dr Crokes    6/1
St Brigids    7/1
Portlaoise    7/1
Corofin    8/1
Burren    10/1
St Oliver Plunketts    12/1
Ballinderry    16/1
Garrycastle    20/1
UCC    20/1
Glenswilly    28/1
Ballintubber    28/1
Athy    50/1
Kilmurray/Ibrickane    50/1
Longford Slashers    100/1
Moyle Rovers    125/1
Summerhill    150/1

Wee Roddy

The only person to mark the unmarkable Jamie Clarke all year was Conor Gormley and sure he is done ;). Ask Jamie Clarke is he done to see what his answer is, cause I do

Milltown Row2

Yeah so many good things about Cross in that game. Their intensity was fantastic, the ability to close down our players was great, shows that they do not lack hunger even after being champions so many times.

Again beaten by the better team, wish we could match that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 31, 2011, 12:13:00 PM
Revised betting:

Crossmaglen    8/15
Burren    7/2
Ballinderry    5/1
Glenswilly    9/1
Latton    25/1
Roslea    50/1

All Ireland:

Crossmaglen    7/4
Dr Crokes    6/1
St Brigids    7/1
Portlaoise    7/1
Corofin    8/1
Burren    10/1
Ballinderry    16/1
Garrycastle    20/1
UCC    20/1
Glenswilly    28/1
Ballintubber    28/1
Athy    50/1
Moyle Rovers    125/1
Summerhill    150/1

Who knocked out the Dublin St Brigids? & am i right in saying the semi finals will Connacht v Leinster, Ulster v Munster.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ross4life on October 31, 2011, 04:17:40 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on October 31, 2011, 12:13:00 PM
Revised betting:

Crossmaglen    8/15
Burren    7/2
Ballinderry    5/1
Glenswilly    9/1
Latton    25/1
Roslea    50/1

All Ireland:

Crossmaglen    7/4
Dr Crokes    6/1

St Brigids    7/1

Portlaoise    7/1
Corofin    8/1
Burren    10/1
Ballinderry    16/1
Garrycastle    20/1
UCC    20/1
Glenswilly    28/1
Ballintubber    28/1
Athy    50/1
Moyle Rovers    125/1
Summerhill    150/1

Who knocked out the Dublin St Brigids? & am i right in saying the semi finals will Connacht v Leinster, Ulster v Munster.

They won on Saturday night after extra time against Ballymun.

You think that betting was for the Connacht team?

ross4life

Yeah thought St Brigids of Dublin was still in it alright & MR2 i know the betting was for the "Connacht team"

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Applesisapples

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 31, 2011, 04:13:22 PM
The only person to mark the unmarkable Jamie Clarke all year was Conor Gormley and sure he is done ;). Ask Jamie Clarke is he done to see what his answer is, cause I do

Like all good forwards Clarke needs supply. Even you could have marked him when Armagh played Tyrone. His movement is unreal and he is always two moves in front of his marker.

Shortso79

Heard Crossmaglen v Ballinderry match will be in Casement

imtommygunn

Oh  - happ days.

Any date for that? Presumably the 13th?

Shortso79

Archie Mitchell

I heard Eire Og v Derrytresk was on before the Ballinderry v Crossmaglen game.