Wexford v The Dubs. Leinster Final

Started by boro, July 01, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

On that showing the Dubs (along with the rest of the country) are a bit behind Kerry & Cork.

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2011, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 10, 2011, 03:43:05 PM
The 2nd one wasn't a penalty, the fouling started outside the line.

Don't be bringing evidence into this. Still the decision went Dublin's way.

I'd be inclined to agree with you against Dublin I would be happy enough for the Peno to be given but had it been.given against Derry I would be hugely outraged!!!

INDIANA

Quote from: AQMP on July 10, 2011, 03:55:46 PM
On that showing the Dubs (along with the rest of the country) are a bit behind Kerry & Cork.

We knew that beforehand.

Signs were there in the Kildare game. We're not playing well.

Maybe it will all come good in the quarters and maybe beyond.

My instincts tell me we're not going to bridge the gap to the top 2 this year.

Rossfan

Ye won't have to put up with too much hype anyway after today .
Definitely a puke game of rugby league if ever there was one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hard luck wexford, very hard luck, you played a great game today.......................... kildare have to be favourites for the all ireland now, what an honest hard working team

Canalman

Felt very sorry for the Yellowbellies today, delighted they  got a nice draw in the qualifiers.

As for us, not a bad result, a win with all pundits sneering at us again. Wexford are a handy team as are Kildare and I feel (hope really) that Dublin are trying to peak later in the season. For some reason Connolly and O'Gara are not gelling at all............. I have my own theories on that.
Our season was always going to be defined from today on and the result today will be forgotten when our season epitaph is being written. Major positive is that we cannot meet Kerry until the final if (calm down!) I said if we get there.

Kerry all the way sadly I think.

squire_in_navy_slacks

The honest hardworking non fouling kildare are the favs imo............................................................. huddle

We were brutal today, however we are in a 1/4 final, game on

Main Street

Kildare are to the GAA what Austria are to soccer.

Zulu

Re Connolly and O'Gara, I thought it was very harsh tomtake Connolly off before half time. He was actually playing quite well, he won plenty of ball, got a few turnovers and didn't give the ball away. He did have two poor wides but he wasn't alone in that regard. It seems to me that if he isn't brilliant he is likely to get called ashore. For me O'Gara is an impact player and I wouldnt start him, he is a good outlet player and that can be invaluable but he isn't a scorer so I'd start him on the bench. Would a Connolly/brogan full forward line work with Alan playing a roving role? If Alan is the spare man it wouldn't be straight forward leaving the corner back sitting in front of the two full forwards.

Barney

The League Final has to have winded Dublin. It is only come the Quarter Finals that we are likely to see where they are at.

Fitness, and strength and hard work wlil not beat them but will they have the composure and enough scoring forwards to get them over the line.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Zulu on July 10, 2011, 09:01:24 PM
Re Connolly and O'Gara, I thought it was very harsh tomtake Connolly off before half time. He was actually playing quite well, he won plenty of ball, got a few turnovers and didn't give the ball away. He did have two poor wides but he wasn't alone in that regard. It seems to me that if he isn't brilliant he is likely to get called ashore. For me O'Gara is an impact player and I wouldnt start him, he is a good outlet player and that can be invaluable but he isn't a scorer so I'd start him on the bench. Would a Connolly/brogan full forward line work with Alan playing a roving role? If Alan is the spare man it wouldn't be straight forward leaving the corner back sitting in front of the two full forwards.

Did they not play that in the Laois game?. Alan Brogan has been excellent for Dublin, if he retains that form going forward will be a real contender for player of the year.
#newbridgeornowhere

micka the dub

Quote from: WeePeteIsALegend on July 10, 2011, 03:32:29 PM
Quinn :D

The sub has been subbed!

LOL
you must be one of the dicks that john clarke talked about when he packed it in

Zulu

Not sure Dinny but in the open spaces of CP it would surely pose some problems for opposing teams and management. One thing seems clear though and that is O'Gara and Connolly are not functioning together, if Dublin are to be serious contenders then Bernard and/or Connolly need to find scoring form regularly.

Dinny Breen

From memory they did but the way I'm watching and analyzing games recently god knows. Connolly was good that day but he had a shaky start and missed a couple goal chances before scoring and settling. I think he is a better footballer than O'Gara but he seems a confidence player and his head can drop, been substituted in the last couple of games won't have helped that.

Dublin are in a good place, Leinster title in the bag, beat a pretender, have experimented tactically in 3 games, their form has a question mark but that alleviates the hype. Their brain trust will be happy enough plus training will be intense as there are plenty of places up for grabs and surely Dublin have a better centre-half back than Ger Brennan?

Would be concerned about BB, if I was Gilroy I'd place a media ban on him, seems to be popping up everywhere, the young man just needs to focus on his game.
#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 10, 2011, 09:30:34 PM
From memory they did but the way I'm watching and analyzing games recently god knows. Connolly was good that day but he had a shaky start and missed a couple goal chances before scoring and settling. I think he is a better footballer than O'Gara but he seems a confidence player and his head can drop, been substituted in the last couple of games won't have helped that.

Dublin are in a good place, Leinster title in the bag, beat a pretender, have experimented tactically in 3 games, their form has a question mark but that alleviates the hype. Their brain trust will be happy enough plus training will be intense as there are plenty of places up for grabs and surely Dublin have a better centre-half back than Ger Brennan?

Would be concerned about BB, if I was Gilroy I'd place a media ban on him, seems to be popping up everywhere, the young man just needs to focus on his game.

We're not in that great a place.

Not as good a team as last year. In my view.

Midfield is a weakness and we've no idea as to our forward line setup.

Kildare and Dublin was a very average football match. I watched Cork and Kerry last week and it was several levels above in terms of quality.

Connolly was very harshly treated today in my view. Bernard Brogan should have been the first taken off.

Maybe we're waiting for the knockout stages. But I'm not too hopeful at present. We've won 6 leinsters in the last 7 years without making a final. Time is running out for a lot of these Dublin  players