Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 26, 2024, 10:35:06 AMI don't know Ballymena that well but any reports I read there's a boy who's a very high scorer for them. Is it him? Neeson is it?

The McGarrys are with Dunloy so not them.

Fairly brutal on a small club losing these. Rich get richer poor get poorer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2024, 12:53:07 PMMeetings Monday and when the clubs agree on the fixtures I'd imagine they will be available through your club Sec

Groundhog time of year again

What exactly gets agreed? Start dates?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on January 26, 2024, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 26, 2024, 10:35:06 AMI don't know Ballymena that well but any reports I read there's a boy who's a very high scorer for them. Is it him? Neeson is it?

The McGarrys are with Dunloy so not them.

Fairly brutal on a small club losing these. Rich get richer poor get poorer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2024, 12:53:07 PMMeetings Monday and when the clubs agree on the fixtures I'd imagine they will be available through your club Sec

Groundhog time of year again

What exactly gets agreed? Start dates?

I'd say that the fixtures and start dates are already pumped into the computer after the finalising of teams in the leagues and dates would be known as the County work from the national leagues and championships of the intercounty teams

I suppose its just down to the clubs to agree that they are happy with that set up, as they may have certain things fixed in stone or pitch development arranged and stag weekends to prepare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Are we just ignoring the weekend then lads  ;)

Actually starts in Round 2?  ;D

NorthAntrim

Tough start in a serious hard group! Decent performance required never mind the result. Dublin at home and Westmeath away will define our season

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2024, 12:44:05 PMAre we just ignoring the weekend then lads  ;)

Actually starts in Round 2?  ;D

Limerick won't have done much training and better to meet them now rather than later on in the season when they get up to speed..

Remember its a free shot this year and don't get the expectations up. good performance and racking up 20 points plus the odd goal should be the aim at the weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Why is that game in Thurles?

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2024, 01:20:01 PMWhy is that game in Thurles?

Think they are doing some sort of repairs in Gaelic Grounds
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2024, 01:20:01 PMWhy is that game in Thurles?

So Darren hasn't to go that far!

Was chatting to him the other week, good guy, bumped into him at my Spar, lets just say its not a place that a Tipp man would normally be seen it with an Antrim trackie and hat!

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2024, 01:29:15 PM

Was chatting to him the other week, good guy, bumped into him at my Spar, lets just say its not a place that a Tipp man would normally be seen it with an Antrim trackie and hat!

Sure 30 years ago some of us thought nothing of standing on the Shore Road outside UUJ on a dark winters night with the hurl and kitbag trying to flag down a black taxi to take you back into Belfast, I kid you not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2024, 03:56:06 PM

Sure 30 years ago some of us thought nothing of standing on the Shore Road outside UUJ on a dark winters night with the hurl and kitbag trying to flag down a black taxi to take you back into Belfast, I kid you not.

I remember those black hacks from Monkstown and Rathcoole, dropped you off at Bridge street, driver tattooed with all sorts of lovely drawings  ;D

thegladiator

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2024, 03:56:06 PM

100%! Some scary thoughts entered your head when you went off the main roads into rathcoole and other such places. Looking back at around 1993 and all that was going on, it was mental to do that. The innocence/bravado of youth!

imtommygunn

My da still gets worried if I go near east belfast  ;D (The above would feel like madness - I lived in the country till post GFA so have never experienced much in Belfast and would have played indoor soccer on the shankill regularly).

let it fly

What do we think of Sundays team? New look sort of line up hopefully the boys give a decent account of themselves

Kidder81

Limerick 1-36 Antrim 1-9

Didn't expect anything much different to that in fairness

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 04, 2024, 03:57:38 PMLimerick 1-36 Antrim 1-9

Didn't expect anything much different to that in fairness

Competitive for 25 minutes, difficult opening game