Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

If Tommys match report states that he was verbally abused by dunloy players and mentors what will happen with dunloy.

I know it was in a north antrim competition does this get escalated to the county board

thehurler

Our sport has no place for players or mentors who abuse officials. Tommy has been all over Ireland refereeing , doing his best as a volunteer with the GAA he has no need to take verbal abuse from anyone. If there are guilty people I hope they are punished and punished heavily , for far too long people get away with it and it continues .
If we want to set an example to our youth we must have zero tolerance , I must add we must be leaders in society and show we are for good example and high standards - let the North Antrim Board show leadership now .
Dunloy remember if you do the crime do the time.
We must be leaders , I sometimes wonder about  Dunloy , at recent matches some of the language and comments from ex players is disgusting so I am not surprised at this latest verbal abuse case.The Dunloy club needs to weed these people out and tell them to stay at Celtic Soccer matches.

theskull1

::)

Nail 'em up thats what I say  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTj4naIdAs

That post had nothing to do with your prejudices there sure not hurler?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fairhead

Quote from: thehurler on July 06, 2010, 04:59:37 PM
Our sport has no place for players or mentors who abuse officials. Tommy has been all over Ireland refereeing , doing his best as a volunteer with the GAA he has no need to take verbal abuse from anyone. If there are guilty people I hope they are punished and punished heavily , for far too long people get away with it and it continues .
If we want to set an example to our youth we must have zero tolerance , I must add we must be leaders in society and show we are for good example and high standards - let the North Antrim Board show leadership now .
We must be leaders , I sometimes wonder about  Dunloy , at recent matches some of the language and comments from ex players is disgusting so I am not surprised at this latest verbal abuse case.The Dunloy club needs to weed these people out and tell them to stay at Celtic Soccer matches.

As probably the most experienced current referee in Antrim and having been all over the country refereeing you would think then that he wouldnt fall down on a technical rule. As somebody has said already you can turn a side line in to a free and move forward it 13m. After that you have to issue a yellow card and can't bring it forward another 13m. Of course making an error of judgement in a pressure situation doesnt justify verbal abuse.

drici

1: Karl McKeegan gathers the break from a long ball and pops over an Antrim point. 0-1 to 0-0.

4: GOAL! Craig Doyle gained possession, lost it, won it back, let fly, saw his shot saved, grabbed the rebound and stitched a low shot in the net. Carlow 1-0, Antrim 0-1

5: Karl Stewart landed a long range Antrim point. 1-0 to 0-2

8: Paudie Kehoe, at the second attempt, points a 50m. 1-1 to 0-2

10: Paudie points a 45m free after an Antrim defender picks the ball off the ground. 1-2 to 0-2

12: Karl Stewart lands a great long range point. 1-2 to 0-3

13: GOAL! Once more that goal poacher supreme Craig Doyle applied the finishing touch. 2-2 to 0-3

15: Paudie points a 60m free. 2-3 to 0-3

18: Mark Brennan collects a break off a long Eoin Nolan free and pilots over a point. 2-4 to 0-3

21: A superbly constructed team point, Eoin Nolan's diagonal ball into the right corner, played back out by Denis Murphy to Andrew Gaul, the 'Duke' essaying a beautiful crossfield ball to 'Styler' who dissected the posts. 2-5 to 0-3

23: Hugh Paddy O'Byrne collects a pass from Mark Brennan and pops over a point. 2-6 to 0-3

25: Liam Watson drills over an Antrim point from close range. a shot that might have yielded a goal. 2-6 to 0-4

26: Neil McManus picks off a long range point. 2-6 to 0-5

28: Neil McManus converts a '65, 2-6 to 0-6.

33: Neil McManus converts another '65.

HALF-TIME: Antrim 0-07 Carlow 2-06

36: Neil McManus sweeps over a point that could have been a goal. 2-6 to 0-8

38: Shane McNaughton lobs over a mid-distance point. 2-6 to 0-9

40: GOAL! Jacko slips the ball to Paudie Kehoe to the left of the posts, 20m out from where the St Mullins sharpshooter unleashes a thundering shot which rattles the far top corner of the net. 3-6 to 0-9

43: GOAL! Penalty! A Carlow defender gets caught in possession and in the subsequent ground schmozzle Antrim are awarded a dubious penalty which Liam Watson drills to the net, a low hard shot. 3-6 to 1-9

45: Paudie points a 45m free won by Jacko. 37 to 1-9

46: Karl McKeegan picks of an Antrim point from close in. 3-7 to 1-10 : A rousing Carlow point as Alfie hassles an Antrim forward off the ball and Richie Coady's clever clearance into the corner is turned into a white flag by the on fire Craig Doyle. 3-8 to 1-10

50: GOAL! PJ O'Connell whips the sliotar to the net. 3-8 to 2-10

52: Paudie Kehoe's high cross-field side-line cut from the terrace wing is collected by Craig Doyle and swung over the bar. 3-9 to 2-10

54: Karl Stewart points an Antrim free. 3-9 to 2-11

56: Level! Neil McManis points an Antrim free. 3-9 to 2-12

61: A daring raid involving Dessie, Paudie, Alfie and Robbie threatens a goal but yields a 65 that Paudie puts over. 3-10 to 2-12

63: Eddie Byrne wins a long range free that Richie Coady from half way sends spiralling between the posts. 3-11 to 2-12

64: Simon McCrory picks off an Antrim point from the left wing. 3-11 to 2-13

65: Level! Shane McNaughton fires over the equaliser. 3-11 to 2-14

66: An Antrim chop under a long Frank Foley puck-out yields Carlow a free that is brought forward for dissent and Paudie duly taps over from 30m. 3-12 to 2-14

68: Level! Karl McKeegan points from close range after a Carlow defender spills possession in the tackle. 3-12 to 2-15

69: The lead for Antrim for the first time in 65 minutes, Shane McNaughton pointing after a Carlow defender is dispossessed in the tackle. 2-16 to 3-12

70: A good ball out of the left corner sets up Karl McKeegan for a crucial point. 2-17 to 3-12

71: Substitute Eoin McCloskey from the left wing arrows over the closing score of a thrilling game.

FULL-TIME: Antrim 2-18 Carlow 3-12

oisinog

Quote from: Fairhead on July 06, 2010, 11:29:33 PM

As probably the most experienced current referee in Antrim and having been all over the country refereeing you would think then that he wouldnt fall down on a technical rule. As somebody has said already you can turn a side line in to a free and move forward it 13m. After that you have to issue a yellow card and can't bring it forward another 13m. Of course making an error of judgement in a pressure situation doesnt justify verbal abuse.

Fairhead this is where the rules are a little bit grey.

You can move the ball 13 meter several times if the ref thinks this is required.

Tommy is not one for handing out yellow cards with a min left I'm sure tommy saw no point in issuing a yellow card as this would have been wiped in extra time

Heaneys Wish

Quote from: oisinog on July 07, 2010, 09:42:29 AM
Quote from: Fairhead on July 06, 2010, 11:29:33 PM

Fairhead this is where the rules are a little bit grey.

You can move the ball 13 meter several times if the ref thinks this is required.

Tommy is not one for handing out yellow cards with a min left I'm sure tommy saw no point in issuing a yellow card as this would have been wiped in extra time

Oisinog, the rule is not grey at all, you cannot move the ball several times if you feel like it, would suggest you study the rules again and this is a prime example of why we have so many problems in the game, and again to be boring and factual yellow cards follow into extra time, its just the players and additional subs than differ if I understand it correct

imtommygunn

Yellows carry, reds don't.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2010, 12:11:42 PM

If you've received two yellows during ordinary time and hence got a red, you can't reappear for extra time AFAIK.

the colonel

Lads you definately can't move it more than once.

The rule states that- free puck 13m more advantageous than the place of the origional puck, up to the opponents 20m line. Further dissent on an occasion shall be considered a breach of rule 6.1 ( a booking) and shall be penailised accordingly

This alway ends up with the ref moving it for you but it is actually up to the player taking the free to decide where the most advantageous position is. Nothing to state you can't move left, right or back.

Another boring fact that if a player hits a shot, and it hits someone not supposed to be there ( a mentor or the ref himself) and the ref believes it was going in then he can award the score.

Situation in our AISF v De La Salle. Declan McKillop sent off in ordinary time for 2 yellows and was allowed to be replaced by a substitute for the remaining time. Declan wasn't allowed to return
the difference between success and failure is energy

Shrek

Quote from: johnneycool on July 07, 2010, 12:30:12 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2010, 12:11:42 PM

If you've received two yellows during ordinary time and hence got a red, you can't reappear for extra time AFAIK.

Correct, if you get sent off in normal time you can start extra time with 15 but not the person who got sent off.

I do think the thread is getting away from the fact a referee was verbally abused to the extent that he would not carrry on reffing the match, this IMO is very serious and something (dont know what) should be done about it.

As a neutral i thought Dunloy got the better of the calls so i dont know why they where so irrate.

NAG1

Shrek,

I think that the Dunloy folk would disagree with that.

The incident from what I coudl see should have originally been a free to dunloy and instead was given as a line ball.

Verbally absuing a referee is not on at any stage, but why then did Herbie finish the match?

the colonel

If it was so bad the game should have been abandoned. Unless Tommy requested Herbie go on ahead and do it.
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

My point exactly Colonel

Mountain and Molehill spring to mind.

So how is the intermediate championship going to be affected by Antrim reaching the 2nd qualifier?

Shrek

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2010, 12:49:55 PM
Shrek,

I think that the Dunloy folk would disagree with that.

The incident from what I coudl see should have originally been a free to dunloy and instead was given as a line ball.

Verbally absuing a referee is not on at any stage, but why then did Herbie finish the match?

Of course they would and im sure cushendall folk would argue the other way, thats the way it goes.

i find it laughable on one hand people on here say verbal abuse is wrong and shouldnt be justified........then go ahead and justify it.

i like everyone on here didnt hear the abuse, but as im sure Tommy is well used to getting abuse it must have been more than a molehill.

Abuse to referees is never warranted and shouldnt be tolerated at all.

not sure about the lineball being a free, but someone posted the player threw the ball against the fence, it was hit across the field.

Agreed extra time shouldnt have been played if it was that bad.

Anyway, when does the champioships start for most clubs. - any league games for me to go and watch this weekend.