Premier League Thread 2012/2013

Started by laoislad, August 07, 2012, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Thoroughly deserved. The most exciting talent since Giggs and Ronaldo.  Why he chose Spurs over United only Gareth himself knows.  You can only but imagine how much better he could now be if training with the United legends every day??

ONeill

Quote from: CorkMan on April 28, 2013, 10:12:35 PM
Not an Arsenal player in sight.

None deserved it. Cazorla had his moments but Mata a class act.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Surprised that Bale won both to be honest, don't think he should have been in the running for young player and would have had RVP as player of the year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Suarez booed when his name was announced! On Sky Sports tonight at 10.30pm.

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 29, 2013, 09:14:48 AM
Surprised that Bale won both to be honest, don't think he should have been in the running for young player and would have had RVP as player of the year.

I think Bale deserved it but must have been close between him and RVP. I do think that if he wins the main award then he should have been discounted from the young player award. Bit silly giving him both.

AZOffaly

Suarez was second according to reports I saw. I wonder if he was first before last week? :D Couldn't be giving it to an agent of darkness now.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2013, 11:28:02 AM
Suarez was second according to reports I saw. I wonder if he was first before last week? :D Couldn't be giving it to an agent of darkness now.

Is the voting not down around the turn of the year?

ranch

Quote from: angermanagement on August 10, 2012, 12:12:23 PM
Before his injury he was excellent for Liverpool, a regular for Brazil and according to many Brazilians there's a good chance he'll be captain of Brazil at the world cup in 2016. Not to bad for a player who wouldn't get on for Everton.

The WC in 2016? Their football knowledge must be something else.

As for team of the season, how Hazard got picked ahead of Michu seriously needs questioned.

AZOffaly

Quote from: NAG1 on April 29, 2013, 11:34:17 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2013, 11:28:02 AM

Is the voting not down around the turn of the year?

It is, I'm just slagging that even if Suarez won the vote, they'd never proclaim him the winner :)

rodney trotter

Strange that they never announce these awards at the end of the Season. Bale deserved PFA player of the year, but think it would make more sense if it was announced after the Final League game of the Season. Spurs are going for 4th spot CL place, bit of a distraction for himself being in the limelight when there is a few more very important games left in the Season for Spurs.

BennyHarp

I believe Reginald D Hunter didn't go down to well at the PFA awards. Made a few close to the knuckle jokes about racism using the "N" word throughout which apparently embarrassed people in attendance. Think he made a few of the FA big wigs uncomfortable as they had banned players for using the same word.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/29/clarke-carlisle-reginald-hunter-pfa-awards

Surely they knew what to expect when the booked him? Wonder will they show his routine on Sky?
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

I think it shows how poor the Premier League has become from an individual superstar point of view when Gareth Bale has now won the PFA award twice, knocking on from the Giggs fiasco a few years ago too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rossie mad

Cannot understand how that clown ferdinand is in the team of the year.
Without doubt the most overrated footballer of all time.
Delighted for baines he deserved at least that.Thought he should have got a nomination also was brillant all season.

thewobbler

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2013, 09:44:37 AM
I think it shows how poor the Premier League has become from an individual superstar point of view when Gareth Bale has now won the PFA award twice, knocking on from the Giggs fiasco a few years ago too. 

This is an odd comment. Not that the Premiership is lacking stars, but the suggestion that Bale isn't up to winning such an award twice. Bale has scored 19 league goals, and half of them would make anybody's highlights reel. He's a superstar.

thewobbler

Quote from: rossie mad on April 30, 2013, 10:45:31 AM
Cannot understand how that clown ferdinand is in the team of the year.
Without doubt the most overrated footballer of all time.

I make you mad as a box of frogs. In 25-odd years of watching English football, I've never seen a better defender in that league. He's in the autumn of his career now, but at his peak he had no flaws in his game (which doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes, everybody does). Very few defenders in history I would say that about.