Premier League Thread 2012/2013

Started by laoislad, August 07, 2012, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 10, 2012, 12:01:17 PM
I think more than half of Lucas' problem is that he is from Brazil and that fact made people have different expectations.

Without doubt, always has been his problem and will be. He is always refered to the "brazilian Lucas".

angermanagement

Before his injury he was excellent for Liverpool, a regular for Brazil and according to many Brazilians there's a good chance he'll be captain of Brazil at the world cup in 2016. Not to bad for a player who wouldn't get on for Everton.

thewobbler

Without meaning to sound like a pious twat, the circling of the wagons around Lucas only adds weight to my original point - which was that Liverpool's standards have fallen tremendously, and if Lucas is one of their key players, they're not going to be involved in the Champions League fight. Liverpool followers might regard him as the best/one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premiership, but if demanded a transfer in the morning, there'd be no clamour for him from bigger clubs.

Bingo

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2012, 01:03:19 PM
Without meaning to sound like a pious t**t, the circling of the wagons around Lucas only adds weight to my original point - which was that Liverpool's standards have fallen tremendously, and if Lucas is one of their key players, they're not going to be involved in the Champions League fight. Liverpool followers might regard him as the best/one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premiership, but if demanded a transfer in the morning, there'd be no clamour for him from bigger clubs.

You still digging?

Farrandeelin

Cannot see Utd winning it unfortunately. Time will tell if Di Matteo ends up like Dalglish at Liverpool. I suspect not though and Chelsea will give mancity a real rattle for the league title.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

wildrover

Anyone any thoughts on a current Premier League Select 11? Heres my effort (im a utd fan by the way):

1)Reina(LIV)

2)Ivanovic(CHE)   4)Vidic(MU)       5)kompany(MC)    3)Cole(CHE)

7)Nasri(MC)         6)Toure(MC)    8)Cabaye(NEW)   11)Bale(TOT)
                               (Captain)

9)Silva(MC)
                                             10)Van Persie(MU)

Worryingly low representation from a Utd point of view...

onefaircounty

Quote from: thewobbler on August 09, 2012, 07:45:28 PM
Stretching it around the world a few times.

He's a good player, nothing more.

II may be 'biting' here, but honest question, have you watched Liverpool reguarly over the last two years or just MOTD?

He never stands out on the highlights, but I straight out refuse to believe that someone can consider him good, at best, having watched our matches reguarly over the last two seasons. Head and shoulders above anyone at the club in that period, miles ahead actually.

Everyone entitled to their opinions and all, but he has been nothing short of excellent in that period.

thewobbler

Quote from: onefaircounty on August 21, 2012, 01:05:58 PM

II may be 'biting' here, but honest question, have you watched Liverpool reguarly over the last two years or just MOTD?

He never stands out on the highlights, but I straight out refuse to believe that someone can consider him good, at best, having watched our matches reguarly over the last two seasons. Head and shoulders above anyone at the club in that period, miles ahead actually.

Everyone entitled to their opinions and all, but he has been nothing short of excellent in that period.

Honestly, return back to what I started with. Being miles ahead of anyone at LFC these days is not a compliment in itself. He is a good player, maybe even a notch up on that again. But it shows how far Liverpool are off the pace that he's trumpeted as their most important player. Anyone who follows the clubs higher than LFC last season, if you asked them, would take Lucas into their squad happily, but if you suggested building a team around him, or even guaranteeing him a start every week, they'd have a wee chuckle.

onefaircounty

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2012, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on August 21, 2012, 01:05:58 PM

Honestly, return back to what I started with. Being miles ahead of anyone at LFC these days is not a compliment in itself. He is a good player, maybe even a notch up on that again. But it shows how far Liverpool are off the pace that he's trumpeted as their most important player. Anyone who follows the clubs higher than LFC last season, if you asked them, would take Lucas into their squad happily, but if you suggested building a team around him, or even guaranteeing him a start every week, they'd have a wee chuckle.

Only from those who don't know football at all. You can be damn sure that none of the management teams at these clubs would chuckle.

Here's the thing, he is exactly the player United are craving right now.

You're point about being the best compared to players playing poorly is irrelevant. He has been excllent by dominating opponents.

Bingo

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2012, 01:47:12 PM

I'd agree, he isn't the type of player you'd build a team around but he is the type of player that allows you to build a team around a player.

Hoof Hearted

Liverpool  bottom as things stand !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoislad

Reading sack Brian McDermott.
Bit silly with only 9 games to go, who do they think can come in with so little time left and keep them up?

I like McDermott, I think he would be a good choice to replace Trap.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2013, 06:42:31 PM
Reading sack Brian McDermott.
Bit silly with only 9 games to go, who do they think can come in with so little time left and keep them up?

I like McDermott, I think he would be a good choice to replace Trap.
+1

Said he wants to manage Ireland before too.

Captain Obvious

The PFA team of the year.

De Gea, Manchester United
Zabaleta, Manchester City
Ferdinand, Manchester United
Vertonghen, Tottenham
Baines, Everton
Carrick, Manchester United
Mata, Chelsea
Bale, Tottenham
Hazard, Chelsea
Van Persie, Manchester United