Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: the goal was on on September 16, 2017, 08:43:36 PM
That's a total disgrace, games on Sunday and match in Armagh Wednesday night. What's the rush? 6/7 weeks to play with before Ulster club. bound to be able to refuse to play a game outside your county in a county competition. Sickener here is there will be huge neutral presence and county board will still clean up

Think people will over play the outside the county bit. The athletic grounds is around 45 minutes from both teams which isn't any longer than other teams travel in Tyrone. It's an excellent venue. It's a pity a second decent ground with lights hasn't been put in place in Tyrone but it's a good alternative.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 16, 2017, 09:04:40 PM
That's a total disgrace, games on Sunday and match in Armagh Wednesday night. What's the rush? 6/7 weeks to play with before Ulster club. bound to be able to refuse to play a game outside your county in a county competition. Sickener here is there will be huge neutral presence and county board will still clean up

Think people will over play the outside the county bit. The athletic grounds is around 45 minutes from both teams which isn't any longer than other teams travel in Tyrone. It's an excellent venue. It's a pity a second decent ground with lights hasn't been put in place in Tyrone but it's a good alternative.

Athletic Grounds is a good venue, it's just unfortunate there's no alternative to Healy Park in Tyrone for a floodlit game. Tyrone CB should look East of the county and work with a club to facilitate improvements that would allow another option. Or Roisin Jordan was talking about a vision for a stand alone county ground. We need something, I'm sure Armagh GAA are charging a small fortune for using their facilities.
Living the dream!!!

Club boi

They have 5 weeks to play senior final (only giving the winners 7 days to prepare for Ulster against either Kilcoo or Slaughtneil) and then only 4 weeks to play Junior and Intermediate. What more do you's want or expect?? I personally think the CCCCCCCCC have done a great job this year. A lot less complaints all around

Aaron Boone

That has to be a first, a championship match in a different county.

LeoMc

Carmenalways

Would the county board play a county final in the athletic grounds?Is the precedent set? Or is it only if omagh are playing carmen We'll play it in omagh?

rrhf

In hiding

Quote from: Carmenalways on September 17, 2017, 02:29:21 AM
Would the county board play a county final in the athletic grounds?Is the precedent set? Or is it only if omagh are playing carmen We'll play it in omagh?
Aye that's it.

Wise up ya whinge

Shoulda played that county final in drumnakilly

Tyrone Gaa

Reading the latest burst up regarding the championship fixtures clashing with the Ladies All Ireland final. The CCC will have to climb down once again and reschedule games. Wonder will CPA be called in again?
Living the dream!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2017, 09:05:04 AM
Reading the latest burst up regarding the championship fixtures clashing with the Ladies All Ireland final. The CCC will have to climb down once again and reschedule games. Wonder will CPA be called in again?

I think the exact same. There is serious anger out there.

I am usually anti CCC. However this is a Croke Pk issue more than a Tyrone one.

CCC wanted an early Championship. Clubs said no.

Clubs will complain in a few weeks time if they don't get adequate prep time for 1st rnd of Ulster.

Could've been done better but not all of CCCs doing.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

If there is more shifting around because of the Ladies AIF could we seeCarmen v Errigal in the Athletic grounds next Wednesday?

Bondanglar1

Wee Roddy

Would a solution to this problem with the ladies not be to push the game back to 8 O Clock in Omagh.
I know Carrickmore have players working in Dublin so they might not agree too easily to rearrange it for a midweek game.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 08:48:50 AM
Would a solution to this problem with the ladies not be to push the game back to 8 O Clock in Omagh.
I know Carrickmore have players working in Dublin so they might not agree too easily to rearrange it for a midweek game.

Tyrone ladies game at 1.45.  Plenty of time to be up the road for a 6.30 throw in?

Tyrone95

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2017, 08:54:29 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 18, 2017, 08:48:50 AM

Tyrone ladies game at 1.45.  Plenty of time to be up the road for a 6.30 throw in?
On paper it sounds ok, but saying Tyrone win, supporters wont be leaving immediately after the final whistle, wouldnt like to be rushing up the road myself trying to beat the clock...An 8pm throw in on either day next weekend seems like the only solution