Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Was just looking at the fixtures, do you think games will go ahead on Easter Tuesday? I will be working (the Bank Hols are actually Friday and Monday) and might need to look at getting off early. Is this not a problem for a lot of people???

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on March 20, 2012, 10:52:12 PM
Was just looking at the fixtures, do you think games will go ahead on Easter Tuesday? I will be working (the Bank Hols are actually Friday and Monday) and might need to look at getting off early. Is this not a problem for a lot of people???
Is there due to be senior and reserve games on the Tuesday or just one game?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

KIDDO 4

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on March 20, 2012, 11:24:55 PM
Reserve 4.30 and senior 6pm.
What's the reason for this round not being Easter Saturday like other years?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hashtag

Quote from: The Trap on March 20, 2012, 10:52:12 PM

Yes I am off Friday and Monday as well. can't understand why this game would be on the Tuesday, surly the Monday would be a better call if they don't want to play on the day of our Lord's rising.

The Trap

On Easter weekend Tyrone minors play on the Saturday in Ulster League and Tyrone Seniors play on Sunday against Monaghan. If Holy Trinity win their semi final i think they will play their All Ireland final that weekend and if Tyrone under 21s keep winning (could be put out tonight!) they will be playing on the Wednesday after Easter. Thats a pretty busy time to try and fit in a round of fixtures. Could the fixture planners not just make a call on this now and say there will be no league games that weekend so people dont have to book off work?????

rrhf

You0cant programme fixtures around everyones work. People will always miss games because work comes first etc. If a hormal holiday period isn't good enough for a fixture imagine the trouble to get games played  on mothers day fathers day feast days etc

Hashtag

Quote from: rrhf on March 22, 2012, 08:01:47 AM
You0cant programme fixtures around everyones work. People will always miss games because work comes first etc. If a hormal holiday period isn't good enough for a fixture imagine the trouble to get games played  on mothers day fathers day feast days etc

But Easter Tuesday isn't classified as a 'holiday' its just the Friday and the Monday.

inthesystem

Are the ACL's going to be put back a few weeks due to u21s?? Hearing rumours that they are going to be put back by 2 weeks. this would solve the easter tues problem. If they are put back, will they start with round 3, or just start with round 1 only two weeks later??

Put A Name On Er

I know the fixture people can't please everyone all the time, but Easter Tuesday is just ridiculous! And the damn ass argument about Mothers Day & Fathers Day, are you of limited mental capacity?? Serious use a bit of wit.

Another example of fixture men suiting themselves without the thought of the men and women who play / watch these games.
My club is from east Tyrone and were expected to travel to the FAR FAR west
Aghyaran on a Friday evening, that means a half day off work, where is the sense in that?!

Maybe they haven't heard there is a bit of a slump in the economy of late and men can't afford to take time off work.

Idiots

bigfrank

I see on twitter that round 1 of the league is cancelled due to the under 21 semi final..was just posted there

inthesystem

Is league put back a week, or will week 1 fixtures be put in somewhere else?? Bit of clarity from county board would be appreciated

bigfrank

Extremely vague as always...just says on facebook

Tyrone GAA

18 minutes ago.

ACL RD 1 off due to U21 UFC semi-final on Wednesday 4th April v Down

caraghtyrone

Thanks for the update regarding the league but typical of the county board leaving it vague if its round 1 put back or does it move to round 2 as discussed on here previously?  Absolute joke if this isn't clarified as soon as!

tyroneboi

They added on Facebook that there will be a statement released tomorrow regarding the matter.