The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Bonucci went to Milan for half the money of van dijks transfer. He is a few years older so fee would be less, but regarded as one of the best centre backs in the world.

laoislad

I feel you're trying to make a point rodney but I don't think you know what it is yourself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rodney trotter

That Liverpool overpaid?  But sure you wouldn't admit it anyway.  Stevie Wonder.

Minder

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 28, 2017, 03:03:30 PM
Bonucci went to Milan for half the money of van dijks transfer. He is a few years older so fee would be less, but regarded as one of the best centre backs in the world.

He is 30 and has been terrible for Milan
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 28, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
That Liverpool overpaid?  But sure you wouldn't admit it anyway.  Stevie Wonder.
Why not just say that then instead of naming random players and what they cost.What odds that they overpaid anyway. Salah cost less than half of what Lukaku cost. Don't see you whinging about that.

What about Stevie Wonder? Has he a transfer fee also?

brokencrossbar1

What is over paid? His value in the market is probably £60m when you compare to the deals in the summer. The deal is £70m plus £5m add ons etc. He is moving in January which has always had a small premium and a premium because of the summer. £10m overpaid at most

laoislad

Between this thread,boards.ie and any article I have read on the42.ie and balls.ie etc I have never seen such a response from Man United fans over a Liverpool signing. They have completely lost the run of themselves. I am totally baffled and also amused by their reaction to it all.

AZOffaly

It's a weird one. For a good while the slagging was about shopping at lidl etc. This is like they can't stand seeing Liverpool spending that sort of money. Shopping at harrods I think the joke was?

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 28, 2017, 03:34:36 PM
It's a weird one. For a good while the slagging was about shopping at lidl etc. This is like they can't stand seeing Liverpool spending that sort of money. Shopping at harrods I think the joke was?

Remember that. What poster was that ?

It was in relation to signing Di Maria & Falcao too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 28, 2017, 03:34:36 PM
And if he had of signed for City like our resident Mystic Meg StGalls claimed he would,then the same ones would be laughing at Liverpool saying how they haven't got the money to compete with the likes of City or United in the transfer market.

ned

Quote from: laoislad on December 28, 2017, 03:26:01 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 28, 2017, 03:21:09 PM
Why not just say that then instead of naming random players and what they cost.What odds that they overpaid anyway. Salah cost less than half of what Lukaku cost. Don't see you whinging about that.

What about Stevie Wonder? Has he a transfer fee also?

VanDijk is still relatively young also. Who's to say it's not a good investment. In two years time PSG might be willing to pay twice that. He will be a colossus for Liverpool. Just watch their defence improve incrementally. I feel he will lift the performance of those around him. Mingolet may be a weak link but you can't underestimate the influence two solid CBs can have on a goalkeepers confidence. I predict Liverpool for seconds nd and a run deep into the CL.

bennydorano

What does the Stallion think tho?

Capt Pat

Quote from: bennydorano on December 28, 2017, 03:56:35 PM
What does the Stallion think tho?

Well he is a real Liverpool fan so I am sure he is delighted.

seafoid

Jamie Carragher

@Carra23

Better in the air than me, quicker than me, more composed & doesn't score own goals!

Captain Scarlet

This is a great read and fair play to the young lad for wanting to do this. He shouldn't have to.
I know there are people pointing out some hypocrisy with LFC and Suarez, but I'd rather they f**k off for a few hours and applaud this young fella.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/28/liverpool-rhian-brewster-racial-abuse-england-uefa

FIFA will be under serious pressure in Russia to keep a lid on some of this shite.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.