Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Whats wrong with it

<------------------------
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Yes, because the referee gets the benefit of slow motion replays in making a decision... ::)

In real time, it looked a bad tackle by Lampard, especially as he dived in with his foot up and Alonso went flying afterwards. The referee gets only one look. People either have to accept that these type of wrong decisions are inevitable or change the game to allow the ref to stop things and get some help from replays.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 03, 2009, 04:43:42 PM
The ref was shocking. Gerard's challange on Kalou was a clear second yellow, if not a straight red.

Gerrard didn't get the yellow for diving until after the tackle

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 03, 2009, 04:43:42 PM
The ankle breaker was a slightly mistimed tackle with zero intent. It happens. It was not a red card offence. Of course the ref that day was Riley, and perhaps he saw a chance to redeem himself!! Lampard apologiesd for the tackle at the time, but Alonso turned away the olive branch. He has held a major grudge since

corn02

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on February 03, 2009, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 03, 2009, 10:37:23 PM
I know nobody will slag off Torres.

But does anyone else think he deserves a salp for that cross-leg celebration. Looked like a cubcoust at a camp fire.

Full on a Tuesday night?

Typing too fast.

J70

From the geniuses on F365... :D

Abble

Quote from: corn02 on February 03, 2009, 10:37:23 PM
But does anyone else think he deserves a slap for that cross-leg celebration. Looked like a cub scout at a camp fire.

not at all corn02, best celebration i'd seen in a while - and lets face it we were due it  :)

as lampard has now been let off can some sort of action now not be taken against boswinga for that blatant boot in the back on bennayoun, was there for all to see except the ref and the linesman who was only yards away from it ? video evidence and all that. or should bennayoun just wait for another day ?!  (a la roy on alfe inga!)

full back

Quote from: Abble on February 04, 2009, 07:56:34 AM
as lampard has now been let off can some sort of action now not be taken against boswinga for that blatant boot in the back on bennayoun, was there for all to see except the ref and the linesman who was only yards away from it ? video evidence and all that. or should bennayoun just wait for another day ?!  (a la roy on alfe inga!)

The FA have said no action will be taken against Bosingwa
The referee didnt see the incident but the linesman has admitted he did see it & didnt take action
How the fcuk he didnt see fit to alert the referee is beyond me

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on February 03, 2009, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Yes, because the referee gets the benefit of slow motion replays in making a decision... ::)

In real time, it looked a bad tackle by Lampard, especially as he dived in with his foot up and Alonso went flying afterwards. The referee gets only one look. People either have to accept that these type of wrong decisions are inevitable or change the game to allow the ref to stop things and get some help from replays.

I know what you're saying J70, but at the time I thought Lampard made a well executed tackle, so expect the ref to see the same or similar. The big problem for me is inconsistancy, and without wanting to appear persecuted Chelsea have been on the wrong end of these 'tackle' decisions a lot recently. That's Lampard's 3rd red card in 10 months, and twice he has won on appeal. The other occassion was a CL tie where he recieved two unjust/ harsh yellows therefore could not appeal. Terry has already been red carded twice this season. Again, an appeal has seen one quashed, and the other was 50/50 for a hard tackle.
However I have seen numerous 'harder' tackles by Manc, Scouse players et others since with no punishment. Gerard's the latest on Sunday.

In addition it took Riley 2 seconds to produce the red card on Sunday. He almost had his mind made up as the tackle went in. Is there any harm, stopping for a second, asking the linos for a perspective, and then making a decision. It also takes the heat out of the moment.

Lastly. Respect. People say that the catalyst for this campaign was Chelsea's 'attitude' and I can lead a bit to this argument. In fairness, Chelsea's behaviour to refs has improved this season, but they are now getting a rougher end of the stick. Coincidence? One of the elemants of respect was that the captain is allowed to talk to a ref, and get an explanation. Terry went to the ref post Lampard's red and.... was booked.

Riley gave a free against Gerrard, who clearly told him to 'f**k off' and was he booked..... no.

However the main problem with this Riley caper, is that it gives Uncle Phil and the players an excuse for what was a poor performance regardless.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nifan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:00:20 AM
However I have seen numerous 'harder' tackles by Manc, Scouse players et others since with no punishment.

Did you not see any by chelsea players in that time that merited red?
terrys got away with a few decisions, as has Mikel.

under the bar

QuoteDid you not see any by chelsea players in that time that merited red?

Terry gets away with numerous yellows, reds & penaltys that should be awarded against him cos he's England Captain.   Of course any red cards that a silly refs  do give him get rescinded by the FA, just like when Alan Shearer got his rescinded for deliberately booting Neil Lennon in the face.  You DO NOT send of the England captain.   

Gerrard on the other hand is exempt from red cards. He can launch himself studs first into a tackle, attempt to break ankles, blatantly dive etc but will not be shown red. 

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on February 04, 2009, 09:14:51 AM
QuoteDid you not see any by chelsea players in that time that merited red?

Terry gets away with numerous yellows, reds & penaltys that should be awarded against him cos he's England Captain.   Of course any red cards that a silly refs  do give him get rescinded by the FA, just like when Alan Shearer got his rescinded for deliberately booting Neil Lennon in the face.  You DO NOT send of the England captain.   

Gerrard on the other hand is exempt from red cards. He can launch himself studs first into a tackle, attempt to break ankles, blatantly dive etc but will not be shown red. 

If you are going to clean up the game be sure to give it an even hand and mention Master Rooney.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 09:08:18 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:00:20 AM
However I have seen numerous 'harder' tackles by Manc, Scouse players et others since with no punishment.

Did you not see any by chelsea players in that time that merited red?

Again... you have not come out and said that Gerard was lucky. Instead the line that Terry and Mikel have got away with a few. Have they? Mikel has been told to avoid diving in this year, as he was getting booked/ red carded every second challenge last season, so he has actually been fairly well behaved recently. You need to reread that post of mine. I already said Terry got booked on Sunday, and red carded a few weeks back. So no. They don't get away with it.

QuoteGerrard on the other hand is exempt from red cards. He can launch himself studs first into a tackle, attempt to break ankles, blatantly dive etc but will not be shown red.

That could've read Rooney on the other hand is exempt from red cards. He can launch himself studs first into a tackle, attempt to break ankles, blatantly dive etc but will not be shown red.

nifan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:20:32 AM
Again... you have not come out and said that Gerard was lucky. Instead the line that Terry and Mikel have got away with a few. Have they? Mikel has been told to avoid diving in this year, as he was getting booked/ red carded every second challenge last season, so he has actually been fairly well behaved recently. You need to reread that post of mine. I already said Terry got booked on Sunday, and red carded a few weeks back. So no. They don't get away with it.

Gerrard was lucky.

Terry was lucky not to give away a penalty.
Bosingwa got away with one of the most outrages fouls seen in some time. If he was a scouse hed have been off :P

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 09:26:59 AM

Gerrard was lucky.

Bosingwa got away with one of the most outrages fouls seen in some time. If he was a scouse hed have been off :P

Come on.... That was a clear case of obstruction by Benayoun.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:28:01 AM
Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 09:26:59 AM

Gerrard was lucky.

Come on.... That was a clear case of obstruction by Benayoun.

I am joking by the way. Of course he should've been roaded, but at that stage I think Riley was gamely trying to level up the f**k ups. It would've been irrelevant anyhow reding him at that point.