The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterquaife

Quote from: isourboydownyet on February 03, 2009, 01:35:05 PM
Quote from: BerfArmagh on February 03, 2009, 01:27:02 PM
I have to say Liverpool & Rafa's treatment of Keane has been nothing short of appalling (I support united) & I have to say I prefer th be going at it hammer & tongs with the pool than any of the other rivals.

Personally I admire Gerard, Torres... wonderful players, but Benitez is proving to be a nasty control freak. He has destroyed several strikers since he has been at the club... owen, crouch, Bellamy... I think liverpools season will go belly up, he has 1 decent striker at the club, whose hamstring has been dodgy all season... he has left liverpool wide open with his childish power struggles... I would leave him in charge of the youth team transers never mind the senior team.. Dossena anyone!

who do you support again?pot kettle and all that

comparing Benetiz to Ferguson is like comparing Crozier to Harte...huge difference in class

PQ

StGallsGAA

QuoteAs for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

I know the player but can't think of the song........

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 03, 2009, 02:59:49 PM
QuoteAs for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

I know the player but can't think of the song........

:D :D

Over the Bar

QuoteRAFA Benitez today admitted selling Robbie Keane is a risk – but insisted it is one he had to take.
Keane returned to Spurs yesterday in a deal worth an initial £16m to Liverpool, meaning the Reds are down £3m on the £19m they paid the London club for his services just six months ago.

When asked if Liverpool had received the £16M offer in writing, Benitez said  "Ees a fax"!

EC Unique

QuoteFRANK LAMPARD has seen his the red card in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool scrubbed out.
The Chelsea midfielder was was sent off by referee Mike Riley after a challenge on Xabi Alonso was deemed dangerous.

But an independent comission has overturned the decision, resulting in the withdrawal of his three-match suspension.

Had the claim failed, Lampard would have missed Premier League matches against Hull and Aston Villa and an FA Cup fifth-round tie at Watford.

bingobus

Quote from: EC Unique on February 03, 2009, 03:23:12 PM
QuoteFRANK LAMPARD has seen his the red card in the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool scrubbed out.
The Chelsea midfielder was was sent off by referee Mike Riley after a challenge on Xabi Alonso was deemed dangerous.

But an independent comission has overturned the decision, resulting in the withdrawal of his three-match suspension.

Had the claim failed, Lampard would have missed Premier League matches against Hull and Aston Villa and an FA Cup fifth-round tie at Watford.

Rightly so. Still amazed Jackie Chang in the corner got off.  ???

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2009, 03:19:47 PMWhen asked if Liverpool had received the £16M offer in writing, Benitez said  "Ees a fax"!

You're like a broken record

nrico2006

QuoteLads, pray that Torres stays fit, he should be fresh if he doesn't get injured as he has played feck all.  Gerard has a drive which you rarely see in soccer players

Yep, and I believe Marcus McGee felt the full force of it.

QuoteOwen engineered himself a move to madrid less than a month after Benitez joined the club, He bought Crouch from a championship club and turned him into a regular England international.  Bellamy was playing in a mid table Blackburn team, Benitez gave him a chance to play for a top 4 club and champions league football, not exactly career destroying activities if you ask me!  As for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

Benitez's list of bad signings seems to be very high for his relative short time in England.  As for Crouch, his form at Southampton earned him his England call-up before and this was before he moved to Liverpool.  But look at the man now!

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Just back from Anfield.... only 30 hours late. Fecking Ryanair cancelled the flight. Feckers.

Just skimmed through the posts there, and some truths with the usual rubbish. Sitting behind the goal at the away end you don't get a decent perspective of the game, but I honestly thought neither team deserved to win it. I thought until the sending off Chelsea were fairly comfortable with what Liverpool had. Chelsea's starting XI was disapointing. I thought it would've laid down a really positive marker if we had of started with Drogba and Anelka in a game where a point was somehwhat pointless.

The game itself is analysed to death here by some, but Chelsea offered zero threat, and the performance was similar to the lack of ballz shown at OT a few weeks back. Again, Mikel, Terry, Lamps, Cole, and Alex the only ones to show any fight. Ballack was a passanger, and as for the chuckle brothers on the wing... geez. Therein lies Chelsea's problem. Width, or lack of. It allowed Liverpool to strangle Lampard and Chelsea's only path to a goal.

The only moment of class on the day was Torres' header.

The ref was shocking. Gerard's challange on Kalou was a clear second yellow, if not a straight red. I also think Alonso made the most of the Lampard incident and played his part in it.

Someone earlier said.

QuoteLampard should have been sent off a couple of seasons ago when he broke Alonso's ankle with a tackle and wasn't. Karma is a cruel mistress indeed.

That's wrong. The ankle breaker was a slightly mistimed tackle with zero intent. It happens. It was not a red card offence. Of course the ref that day was Riley, and perhaps he saw a chance to redeem himself!! Lampard apologiesd for the tackle at the time, but Alonso turned away the olive branch. He has held a major grudge since.

Finally anyone at the game think Anfield was really quiet.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 03, 2009, 04:38:44 PM
QuoteLads, pray that Torres stays fit, he should be fresh if he doesn't get injured as he has played feck all.  Gerard has a drive which you rarely see in soccer players

Yep, and I believe Marcus McGee felt the full force of it.

QuoteOwen engineered himself a move to madrid less than a month after Benitez joined the club, He bought Crouch from a championship club and turned him into a regular England international.  Bellamy was playing in a mid table Blackburn team, Benitez gave him a chance to play for a top 4 club and champions league football, not exactly career destroying activities if you ask me!  As for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

Benitez's list of bad signings seems to be very high for his relative short time in England.  As for Crouch, his form at Southampton earned him his England call-up before and this was before he moved to Liverpool.  But look at the man now!

I think Crouch made one appearance for England before joining Liverpool but his international career only took off once at Liverpool. He was pretty much a regular after that. In fact he was pretty much a joke figure until he joined Liverpool but after a slow start he did fairly well after that and was sold for a decent profit.

Benitez has made a few signings that haven't worked out like most other managers but he's often made a profit selling them on.

anportmorforjfc

gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Minder

United would miss Riley terribly if he retired.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
United would miss Riley terribly if he retired.

Why? If he had done his job correctly on Sunday Utd would be 4 points ahead instead of 2. (with a game at hand)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Gerrard was booked. Granted he was lucky not to pick up another yellow. Also Alonso didn't foul Lampard. Alonso went to kick the ball and Lampard tipped it away first but Lampard at the same time had his studs up in air hence Alonso kicked against his studs which as anyone who has played the game will tell you is bloody painful.

As for Fat Frank his red card was only three and a half years too late. He can be thankful he managed to pick up no suspension this time as he should have for his ankle-breaker a few years ago. I have zero sympathy for him.

bingobus

The red card on Sunday still didn't compensate for the penalty Chelsea got last year at anfield.