The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Next weeks team should go something like this:

Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Agger Dossena

Alonso     Gerrard (if fit ,Plessis if not)

Kuyt                 Keane                 Benny

Torres

Again it lacks width for me.  Babels return should help. Havent seen much of Barry so cant really comment on him. would he supply much width on the left or is he more a central mid field man?

Carmen Stateside

My strongest line up with what we have would be:

Reina

Carra        Skertl         Agger     Dossena

Masch               Alonso

Gerrard                     Keane                    Babel

Torres

corn02

Skertl is going to have a powerful year me thinks.

AZOffaly

Kuyt, to me is a good hard worker who is a decent squad player. However his touch is absolutely shocking, and as the lads have said, he is neither a goal scoring striker, a link man, or a winger. At least he hasn't proven he's any of those 3. I love his honesty and work rate, but I think any team that is relying on Kuyt to unlock the opposiition defence is not going to challenge for the Premiership.

supersarsfields

Really would not like to see Carra at right back unless we are really stuck. To be honest I'd have him and Agger in the centre and Skertl on the bench. I know it's tough on Skertl but I think we need Carra on the pitch and for me the only place he can be played is in the middle. For me he doesn't offer enough going forward as a right back.

Tommy Tibbs

Any further updates on the offloads of the voninator, pennant and so on?  ::)

Mentalman

Taken from Today's Gossip column on BBC:

Liverpool could have raised some of the cash to finance a move for Gareth Barry with the sale of Dirk Kuyt - but the Reds scared off Hamburg with their £16m valuation of the Dutch striker. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7546529.stm
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

full back

£16 million for Dirk :D :D :D :D
What a f**king joke
Below that it says Benny Mc Carthy for £7million ???

Tommy Tibbs

Quote from: full back on August 07, 2008, 12:36:59 PM
What a f**king joke

Jol always had great time for Dirk, mind he called him a guaranteed "20-20"man!  :D

Chrisowc

Quote from: Tommy Tibbs on August 07, 2008, 01:08:02 PM
Quote from: full back on August 07, 2008, 12:36:59 PM
What a f**king joke

Jol always had great time for Dirk, mind he called him a guaranteed "20-20"man!  :D

Martin Jol could have a thread of his own.  Maybe that could be 'for the next future'.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Yes I Would

16 million for Kuyt, im sure Hamburg were well and truly scared off, and any other club who may have had a remote interest.

Benitez seems to be a big admirer of Kuyts (or else is too stubborn to admit that he hasnt been that effective) and is gonna perserve with him.

stevo-08

A make or break year ahead for Kuyt I think. He had a difficult year last year for personal reasons and it certainly seemed to affect his performances. Also he had to adapt to being switched from playing upfront to playing wide on the right, where his main duties seemed to involve providing extra cover for the defence. In fairness, he handled that change fairly well and never seemed to complain or sulk like some of our other "stars". I certainly admire his "honesty of effort", as John Giles would say, and he did score some very important goals (Everton, Inter, Arsenal) but at times it was amazing to see how Rafa persevered with him during games while taking off much more threatening players.

Rafa seems to have unbelievable loyalty in kuyt but, with the players in the squad now, surely he cant get as much gametime as he did last season. I'd hope that he'd only be used in away games against the top 3 teams or CL games when a more defensive approach is required.

EC Unique

I would say it is a make or break year for Liverpool/Rafa.. If they do not win the PL Rafa is gone and I think Fernando will get itchy feet!! They will stay in the battle this year for longer and will end up higher than customery 4th ;)

corn02

boom boom.

It is make or  break year for Rafa though. I am his biggest fan but he needs to be in the title hunt near the end. Torres in on a 5 or 6 year deal so hi sfeet will only itch for 60 million-odd. We are ina good position but a winger would be nice.

el_cuervo_fc

Liverpool's owners have failed to raise the cash to sign Gareth Barry from Aston Villa and now the move could be off - again. (Daily Mirror)

that's great spending power those americans have  >:(