The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Why would they not boo voronin? The best part of him ran down his mas leg.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2008, 01:50:30 AM
Why would they not boo voronin? The best part of him ran down his mas leg.

Been drinking?

Chrisowc

It's out of order if he was booed.  Fair enough that he is a bit of a joke figure among the fans but he should be backed 100% when wearing the shirt.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

el_cuervo_fc

Think this is the reason the fans booed him lads

Andrei Voronin hits out at city of Liverpool
Apr 10 2008 by Mary Murtagh, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL player Andrei Voronin has told Russian newspapers he could not understand Scouse.

The 27-year-old Ukrainian also described the UK as a cultural backwater, criticised the NHS and inferred Merseyside was crime ridden.Voronin said: "We hear police sirens all the time. Leverkusen, by contrast, was so much quieter."

An Fear Rua

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 09, 2008, 09:35:20 AM
Think this is the reason the fans booed him lads

Andrei Voronin hits out at city of Liverpool
Apr 10 2008 by Mary Murtagh, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL player Andrei Voronin has told Russian newspapers he could not understand Scouse.

The 27-year-old Ukrainian also described the UK as a cultural backwater, criticised the NHS and inferred Merseyside was crime ridden.Voronin said: "We hear police sirens all the time. Leverkusen, by contrast, was so much quieter."

Leverkusen is a wee town 10 mins outside Cologne FFS, there one supermarket, and feck all to do, its a town built around the Bayer factory.
Its Grim up North

The Real Laoislad

Read on a paper today that the fans let Rafa know in no uncertain terms that they didn't want Barry to replace Alonso next year,According to the paper it couldn't print some of the songs they were chanting regarding the Barry situation..I for one didn't hear those chants did anyone else?

As for the Barry saga itself,I was one of the pro-Barry brigade,i really thought he could bring something to Liverpool but to be honest Alonso looks like a new player since he came back after the Euro's he certainly looks more "up for it" than i have seen from him the last two years..
Now I'm starting to agree that maybe it would be better forget about Barry and spend the money on a right or left winger
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

I think it was something to the effect of "you can stick Gareth Barry up your arse" or something like that.

Minus15

Liverpool Football Club have today released the following press statement.
Liverpool FC Chief Executive Rick Parry said: "There has been a lot of comment today regarding our position with regards to Gareth Barry.

"This is not about questioning the Manager's judgement or the ability of a particular player. The owners have clearly demonstrated throughout the year they are willing to back Rafa in the transfer market and will continue to do so.

"It is obviously the selling club's prerogative to put whatever price they want on the player, but on this occasion Liverpool think the price quoted is too high."

What do we make of this? Rafa wants them to give him the money but the board and the owners feel it is too high? Sounds like a shot at Rafa to me and a lack of support in his judgement! Hopefully Rafa can find the money another way but I really hope he doesn't sell Alonso out of desperation to get his man!

Mentalman

The Gaffer must be at the end of his tether with the owners, this is the second time they have baulked at backing him in the transfer market. He has proven himself to be an obstinate man, I doubt he will change targets now, so Liverpool may have to play half the season at least with no proven cover on the left. Would not be surprised if he gets the money needed some other way - but also would not be surprised if he leaves sooner rather than later.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Minus15

Would not be surprised either mentalman. Rafa knows the fans are on his side. If he leaves in the next 12 months he can point to the fact that he never felt that he had the full backing from the owners! The Klinsmann incident and now all the transfer differences. Rafa knows that the fans wont hold it against him for leaving and will blame the owners instead. however, he was sucessful at Valencia amidst similar boardroom politics. He has seen it all before and still managed to be successful. I fear though that something might eventually give.

Carmen Stateside

Imo Liverpool club as a whole are looking to get out of the deal and this includes Rafa! Alonso's pre season form i think has had a big bearing on it! I think the voice of the fans could have changed a few minds also!

Mentalman

True about the Valencia situation, as I said he's an obstinate man, but if the right opening were to come along who knows, I still expect Schuster to get the boot at Madrid sooner rather than later too. It's a strange situation, as I think most Liverpool fans, in fact most soccer fans, think Barry is over priced. However open differences between the Manager and the owners/chief executive are not the Liverpool way, and yet again point to the breakdown in communication over the last 18 months. In the current circumstances the majority of fans will support the manager.

Mentalman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 09, 2008, 11:49:18 PM
Imo Liverpool club as a whole are looking to get out of the deal and this includes Rafa! Alonso's pre season form i think has had a big bearing on it! I think the voice of the fans could have changed a few minds also!

True, but with Rafa it's a case of his way or no way at all, and I can't see him taking this quietly. Hopefully I'm wrong. As I written before, I'm a big Alonso fan, mostly because I think Liverpool need to get back to pass and move and he's the man to pull the strings, but if the price of him staying were to be Rafa going it would be a high one. Also if they lose Benitez I'm not sure how long someone like Torres would stay, especially as he is so highly sought after as it is.

Minus15

If we lose Benitez you may as well say another 5 years before we get close to the title again. A new man coming in trying to build his own side takes time. The Liverpool side now is the best equipped squad we have had to put up a challenge for the last 15 years. Rafa has them organised and playing well and are very difficult to play against. Transferring the knack of getting results against the top teams in Europe to against the top teams in the prem is a must! 3 home wins and 3 away draws could win the league for us this year! Start with a win at anfield on sept 13th and go from there!

Mentalman

Rafa - Alonso may still leave
Reds midfielder will be sold for the right price

By Chris Burton   Last updated: 9th August 2008

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has refused to rule out the possibility of selling Xabi Alonso.

The Spain international appears to have become the victim of the Reds' continued pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

He has the full support of the Anfield faithful, though, who backed him throughout Friday's friendly against Lazio, while also displaying their opposition towards any move for Barry.

However, Benitez appears to have turned a deaf ear to the views from the terraces, admitting that a suitable offer could yet see him part with a popular member of his squad.

Price

"We knew Alonso was a very good player and as a result he had a good price (on his head). We had offers, but they were not enough so we decided he needed to stay with us," said the Spanish coach.

"It could be that he does stay with us.

"For me it is not a problem if he stays or not. He can stay, we always have felt he is a good player.

"We are only talking about a very, very good price. He is a good player, if he is not going to bring a good price then it is very simple, easy to understand.

"I heard the crowd, obviously. We know now, as we knew before, that he could stay with us."

Possibilities

Benitez needs to sell in order to fund any potential bid for Barry and admits that there are likely to be changes within the Reds camp before the new season gets underway.

"It is not positive that we may not have the players we want here before the Champions League game," he said.

"But the transfer window closes at the end of August, we will try to do our best to bring in the players to improve us by then.

"I try to do the best for my club with the possibilities that you have, I have done this every year since I have been here. And I am trying to do the same for this coming season.

"I do not feel any more pressure, every season is the same. We have a good squad, better than before, but we can improve a little bit more."

http://www.skysports.com/football/competition/0,19734,11660,00.html

Once Rafa sets his mind to something he is like a dog with a bone...