The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Bingobus picked a good one to attend.  Say he some shape now!

Archie Mitchell

When watching the Torres goal again, I had to laugh at Kuyt near tripping over the ball/himself in the build up for the goal.

full back

Fair fcuks to the scousers yesterday.

Outplayed Utd all over the park & fully deserved their victory :-\

nrico2006

QuoteTorres is a bladdy genius. Fully deserved man of the match in my view. Vidic was so obviously shítscared of him. Rio did his best to keep away from him as usual, but was nicely caught out for the goal.

Apart from the goal he didn't do much, so MOTM is stretching it.  Rio wasn't caught out for the goal, well held off by Torres but he did as much as he could.  I recall Ferdinand having Torres in his back pocket in the 2 games two seasons ago, so I don't know why you think he would want to stay away from Torres.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Other than the goal (which Torres did very well with) I thought Rio and Vidic both kept him very quiet. Any time he was on the ball they forced an error or dispossesed him. He is an awsome striker and if he had a quality team around him every week he would be the best in the world.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on October 26, 2009, 09:46:20 AM
Other than the goal (which Torres did very well with) I thought Rio and Vidic both kept him very quiet. Any time he was on the ball they forced an error or dispossesed him. He is an awsome striker and if he had a quality team around him every week he would be the best in the world.

:D

Even in defeat the blinkers are on for some
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 26, 2009, 09:36:16 AM
QuoteTorres is a bladdy genius. Fully deserved man of the match in my view. Vidic was so obviously shítscared of him. Rio did his best to keep away from him as usual, but was nicely caught out for the goal.

Apart from the goal he didn't do much, so MOTM is stretching it.  Rio wasn't caught out for the goal, well held off by Torres but he did as much as he could.  I recall Ferdinand having Torres in his back pocket in the 2 games two seasons ago, so I don't know why you think he would want to stay away from Torres.
Dream on. Not going to debate manky defenders on this thread any further, but it hasnt passed my notice that Ferdinand always keeps clear of pacy dangerous forwards, such as Torres and Bellamy.

Doogie Browser

Torres is the best striker in the World by a country mile, end of.  United lacked any quality in the middle of the park, Carrick is a passenger, Scholes' passing ability is on the wane now also so he has not much left in the locker.  Delighted for the scousers, keeps it interesting at the top.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 26, 2009, 09:53:33 AM
Torres is the best striker in the World by a country mile, end of.  United lacked any quality in the middle of the park, Carrick is a passenger, Scholes' passing ability is on the wane now also so he has not much left in the locker.  Delighted for the scousers, keeps it interesting at the top.

Its just a shame Gary Neville wasn't on the pitch  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 26, 2009, 09:48:42 AM

So outline Torres' contribution to the match, goal scoring opportunities and chances created bar the goal he scored?

The goal itself wasn't even really a defensive error. Superb ball through from Benayoun and a great finish from Torres. Nothing Rio could do really apart from dive in and concede a penalty.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 26, 2009, 09:56:07 AM

So outline Torres' contribution to the match, goal scoring opportunities and chances created bar the goal he scored?

The goal itself wasn't even really a defensive error. Superb ball through from Benayoun and a great finish from Torres. Nothing Rio could do really apart from dive in and concede a penalty.

How about you outline how The Donkey and Vidic kept him quiet?
Vidic shit himself everytime Torres was within a few yards of him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

I know Torres is a good looking lad but there was no need for Vidic to try and ride him at every opportunity.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 26, 2009, 09:58:04 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 26, 2009, 09:56:07 AM

How about you outline how The Donkey and Vidic kept him quiet?
Vidic shit himself everytime Torres was within a few yards of him

Well if you're not contributin much to the game you're quiet. Apart from the goal Torres was quiet. Not that Andy Gray's word is gospel but he seemed to agree. It was a very well taken goal but it doesn't follow that Torres was somehow wreaking havoc for the rest of the match. Vidic fouled him a couple of times but that was about the height of his involvement.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Archie Mitchell

Apart from the goal, it wasn't a great Torres display. It was his class that got him his goal, Kuyt or N'Gog wouldn't have scored it. Rio and Vidic are always afraid of pacy strikers no matter if they are Torres or someone else. They prefer a battle, like Drogba, Carew mould of strikers. Similar that a pacy striker would do damage to Carragher.