Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Rumour that Dominic could be on his way back now that he is a free agent to Carmen.

tothetop03

I have not been on the committee for a good few years now..... This is my honest assessment....

In 2006 with a lot of new faces on our team we got relegated from 1a to 1b winning only 4 matches we as a club decided to go outside for a manager for the first time in 5/6 years as the last outside manager did not work for us  and moved on mid season.... we got john morrison in 2007...in which we had a season in which was not plain sailing as John Morrison set out to sort out some issues that our club thought needed sorted noses where put out of joint along the way, we beat Carrickmore in the first round of the championship and then lost to Donaghmore, Morrision continued to sort out a mess for the reminder of 2007 season and we got promoted to senior div 1 for 2008 as their was no 1a or 1b.... Damian Cassidy then was brought in and he suited what we needed at this time we won championship 2008 he then left for Derry we got knocked out first round the next years by Trillick and then Coalisland....2011 he came back we got beaten by Dromore by 1 point in the county final.....We lost v Omagh 2012 by 1 point after a replay...We won Championship 2013...2014 we got beat by dromore after being 7/8 in front....THIS IS IN MY OPINION CASSIDY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWAY....Our club decided to keep faith defeats by Coalisland 2015/16 and pomeroy in 2017 sums up our championship in his time with us.....

In our 100 year history we have produced only 2 set of teams that could sustain long period of competitive runs of competing for Senior Championships...1958-1965 and 2007- to today..... all the rest where between first round exits every year  and periods of Intermediate football.... So we may have underachieved who knows...what i do know is in the last 10/12 years Tyrone football has been at its most competitive and most open ever championship at Senior level in this County,so winning 2 senior championships is not too bad...we have had good times in our club with under 21 wins and reserve wins..last minute goals replays and some serious good days also some bad ones....in the 1970's and 80's i could never have honestly thought i would never have seen those heights again that we have had in the last 10 years....Damian Cassidy and others have been part.... i have had nephews and cousins dropped of the team in this period but i am trying to be fair...lots of people make judgement at time for reasons which are maybe close to their heart in every club i met Ardboe Coalisland Derrytresk men all this week blaming management...Ardboe and Coalisland are both behind us in the Roll of Honour in the "Cassidy era" and am sure they both will continue to try and cure that in the next few years...... I support the Rahillys not who is managing them.... Every club in the top 7 in Tyrone have all underachieved!!!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 10:36:39 AM
I have not been on the committee for a good few years now..... This is my honest assessment....

In 2006 with a lot of new faces on our team we got relegated from 1a to 1b winning only 4 matches we as a club decided to go outside for a manager for the first time in 5/6 years as the last outside manager did not work for us  and moved on mid season.... we got john morrison in 2007...in which we had a season in which was not plain sailing as John Morrison set out to sort out some issues that our club thought needed sorted noses where put out of joint along the way, we beat Carrickmore in the first round of the championship and then lost to Donaghmore, Morrision continued to sort out a mess for the reminder of 2007 season and we got promoted to senior div 1 for 2008 as their was no 1a or 1b.... Damian Cassidy then was brought in and he suited what we needed at this time we won championship 2008 he then left for Derry we got knocked out first round the next years by Trillick and then Coalisland....2011 he came back we got beaten by Dromore by 1 point in the county final.....We lost v Omagh 2012 by 1 point after a replay...We won Championship 2013...2014 we got beat by dromore after being 7/8 in front....THIS IS IN MY OPINION CASSIDY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWAY....Our club decided to keep faith defeats by Coalisland 2015/16 and pomeroy in 2017 sums up our championship in his time with us.....

In our 100 year history we have produced only 2 set of teams that could sustain long period of competitive runs of competing for Senior Championships...1958-1965 and 2007- to today..... all the rest where between first round exits every year  and periods of Intermediate football.... So we may have underachieved who knows...what i do know is in the last 10/12 years Tyrone football has been at its most competitive and most open ever championship at Senior level in this County,so winning 2 senior championships is not too bad...we have had good times in our club with under 21 wins and reserve wins..last minute goals replays and some serious good days also some bad ones....in the 1970's and 80's i could never have honestly thought i would never have seen those heights again that we have had in the last 10 years....Damian Cassidy and others have been part of this wether some of you like it or not.... i have had nephews and cousins dropped of the team in this period but i am trying to be fair...lots of people make judgement at time for reasons which are maybe close to their heart in every club i met Ardboe Coalisland Derrytresk men all this week blaming management...Ardboe and Coalisland are both behind us in the Roll of Honour in the "Cassidy era" and am sure they both will continue to try and cure that in the next few years...... I support the Rahillys not who is managing them.... Every club in the top 7 in Tyrone have all underachieved!!!!!

vallankumous

. Every club in the top 7 in Tyrone have all underachieved!!!!!

Couldn't agree more.

Under Lights

Quote from: vallankumous on September 28, 2017, 10:40:45 AM

Couldn't agree more.

But not all paying a man top dollar.
That's the real point.

tothetop03

Quote from: Under Lights on September 28, 2017, 10:48:44 AM

Couldn't agree more.

That's the real point.

7/8 teams paying dollar surely....

giveherlong

Some people on here very sore on Clonoe. Probably out of jealousy
what Clonoe have achieved under Damian Cassidy would be the envy of nearly every other club in Tyrone. If you want to talk about underachievers look at Ardboe and the successful minor teams and county players they have produced or Errigal (on numbers alone). Cassidy certainly had the measure of Errigal under his tenure. Dromore should and could have added another ONeill cup in the past 4 years but that's championship football and luck of the draw. A big hitter taken out by another big gun opens the thing up for a run to semis for other clubs. Errigal are well placed this year in that respect avoiding Killyclogher, FIanna, Dromore, Clonoe and Omagh to date.

Club boi

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 10:55:26 AM

Couldn't agree more.

That's the real point.

I was going to list the teams "I" believe/have heard are paying their management but it would take all day. Much easier to list who isnt

Fire Away ............

inowbest

Quote from: skeog on September 28, 2017, 10:10:11 AM
Rumour that Dominic could be on his way back now that he is a free agent to Carmen.

Is Dom away? I know that McElholm is now with Bonner in Donegal but hadn't heard Corrigan was away. That's a great job for John McElholm too and well deserved. Did very well with KC for the years he was there.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: Club boi on September 28, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Trillick??
That's the real point.

I was going to list the teams "I" believe/have heard are paying their management but it would take all day. Much easier to list who isnt

Fire Away ............

I know of one club who are paying their own club man. Its to be expected that outside managers are getting compensated.

tothetop03

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 28, 2017, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 28, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: Club boi on September 28, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Trillick??
That's the real point.

Fire Away ............

I know of one club who are paying their own club man. Its to be expected that outside managers are getting compensated.

In this county??

Mikhailov

Surely you are not telling the truth?

You are claiming one club in Tyrone are paying an inside man to manage their club - unbelievable if true...?

It should be classed as an honour to manage your own club, you should be well aware of the pro's and con's of doing the job but to ask for payment is scandalous. 

Do you know this for a fact or is it just a rumour you heard?
What division of club is it?

blackball

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 28, 2017, 12:04:55 PM
Surely you are not telling the truth?

You are claiming one club in Tyrone are paying an inside man to manage their club - unbelievable if true...?

It should be classed as an honour to manage your own club, you should be well aware of the pro's and con's of doing the job but to ask for payment is scandalous. 

Do you know this for a fact or is it just a rumour you heard?
What division of club is it?

With the amount of time required and the amount of pressure placed on top managers nowadays its only fair that they get some sort of compensation. Im sure if there is a manager taking money from his own club its only a small amount to cover him for his time and effort.

skeog

Will Carrickmore host senior final if Omagh beat Trillick.