The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If he can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If I can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.

Rest easy. He'll get there, as long as stupidity doesn't stick it's oar in. And by stupidity, I mean people putting pressure if they don't see immediate success, with no rough patches.

laoislad

I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If I can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.
You have a high opinion of yourself!!
No offence but I'd rather have Klopp as manager than you....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bensars

I wouldnt doubt his credentials or ability, however what he has to work with is limited. The expectations of a fast turnaround ( inside 2 years) may be unrealistic.

He needs to clear the decks and rebuild, however that could take significantly longer than 18 months and may be curtailed by FSGs  largely unsuccessful shopping sprees already.

If he can land Liverpool a premier league title inside 3 years he'll be a miracle worker

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2015, 02:48:57 PM
You have a high opinion of yourself!!
No offence but I'd rather have Klopp as manager than you....

A legend in my own lunch time.

seafoid

I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If he can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.
Cuir sioda ar an ngabhar ach is gabhar i gconai e.
It all comes down to the business model and the marginal utility of a PL win vs good enough in the eyes of the owners.
Liverpool was such a boon to young lads from success starved counties in the 80s. Instant success. No heartbreak. But now everything is trina cheile.

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on December 21, 2015, 04:29:16 PM
It all comes down to the business model and the marginal utility of a PL win vs good enough in the eyes of the owners.
Liverpool was such a boon to young lads from success starved counties in the 80s. Instant success. No heartbreak. But now everything is trina cheile.

That's some load of seafoid there. Were Liverpool fans from the 80's more likely to come from Kildare than Kerry?

AZOffaly

And the 80s were our golden years. So pfffft to that :)

deiseach

Offaly wouldn't have worked for the purposes of alliteration.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

That's some load of seafoid there. Were Liverpool fans from the 80's more likely to come from Kildare than Kerry?

I grew up with nothing but Liverpool fans so anecdotally yes!!
#newbridgeornowhere

deiseach

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2015, 04:55:19 PM
Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

I grew up with nothing but Liverpool fans so anecdotally yes!!

You mean half an anecdote, unless you have some insight in the Kerry side of things.

seafoid

Today-s IT

"According to group MD Richard Arnold, Man U now sees itself as the biggest TV show in the world. "

It is no longer a football club. Neither is Liverpool.
Selling tat to Chinese middleclasses comes first. 

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bensars on December 21, 2015, 02:12:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 21, 2015, 01:41:42 PM
Anyone calling for Klopp to klear off?

If that had been Rodger's team he would have been very heavily criticised, irrespective of the failings on individual players.

That caption highlights a lot of what is wrong with the English Premier League and Sky's need for 24/7 headlines in particular.

I don't post here often but for what it's worth I think Rodgers may have gone stale but was undermined by your former hero captain and his buddies in the media. Same thing happening with LVG now perhaps. Rodgers was a little unfortunate but if you could get Klopp then fair enough. I think Klopp is the easily most talented club manager in the game today. He will have tough times (Dortmund's start last season) but can get the best out of players and have them playing a nice attractive brand of football. Liverpool supporters should be overjoyed at getting him (as the vast majority probably are to be fair).

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2015, 05:59:23 PM
Quote from: Bensars on December 21, 2015, 02:12:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 21, 2015, 01:41:42 PM
Anyone calling for Klopp to klear off?

If that had been Rodger's team he would have been very heavily criticised, irrespective of the failings on individual players.

That caption highlights a lot of what is wrong with the English Premier League and Sky's need for 24/7 headlines in particular.

I don't post here often but for what it's worth I think Rodgers may have gone stale but was undermined by your former hero captain and his buddies in the media. Same thing happening with LVG now perhaps. Rodgers was a little unfortunate but if you could get Klopp then fair enough. I think Klopp is the easily most talented club manager in the game today. He will have tough times (Dortmund's start last season) but can get the best out of players and have them playing a nice attractive brand of football. Liverpool supporters should be overjoyed at getting him (as the vast majority probably are to be fair).

Good post Magpie. The Premier League has changed this year. It been heading toward this for a while. But this year has been a god send and refreshing. As a Liverpool supporter, it does not please me to see Liverpool lose, but it does please me to see so called also rans put it up to the big guns. Many Liverpool (and in time Man U) supporters are beginning to realise this. The gap has closed. Klopp, Mourinho and Van Gaal ar good Managers, but the days of have gimme games are gone and the pressure on these lads are huge.

Cunny Funt

I don't think many Liverpool supporters will be overly concerned with yesterday's result it was just proof that Rodgers left average to poor squad behind. If given time Klopp will win trophies for Liverpool.