Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Just booked mine the other week. The wedding is in California so heading onto Oahu for 4 nights and then 10 nights in Kauai.

Can't wait always wanted to go there

Norf Tyrone

There was a thread re this a few weeks back somewhere. Cancun was my destination, and an excellent place. I actually was checkingout of my hotel, as a young John Terry was checking in....but that's another story.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 21, 2008, 07:44:31 PM
Quote from: Donagh on February 21, 2008, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on February 21, 2008, 07:10:16 PM
we went to south america - venezuela & peru. wouldnt have changed a single thing about it. totally chilled out & relaxed on an island off venezuela before heading to Peru for amazing sightseeing & trekking, including doing machu pichu.

suppose it all depends on what you're looking for.

Doing the same ourselves this summer. Have Caracas and Lima hotels booked already - any recommendations for Cusco and booking the Machu Pichu trek? Going on to Lake Titicaca and La Paz and back by Arica in Chile for the flight back to Lima.

There's nothing like a spot of Eco-tourism ;)

You'd be a good bloke to have a pint with sometime Chris  ;) And I wouldn't bite you on the arse  :o

Donagh

Quote from: stevo-08 on February 21, 2008, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: Donagh on February 21, 2008, 07:18:09 PM
Doing the same ourselves this summer. Have Caracas and Lima hotels booked already - any recommendations for Cusco and booking the Machu Pichu trek? Going on to Lake Titicaca and La Paz and back by Arica in Chile for the flight back to Lima.

We stayed in Novo Hotel in Cuzco  www.novotelcusco.com nice hotel & fairly central.
Is this a honeymoon or a holiday. if it's honeymoon, then i'd highly recommend miraflores hotel in lima - absolutely superb. as for , to do the 4 day trek, you need to book 6months in advance. we booked everything through an agent in cork Beacon South America. They used Condor Travel in peru, who looked after everything for us including the machu pichu trek. Are you going to Arequipa? absolutely beautiful city. Caracas is a dump, we spent 1 night there and it was more than enough.

It's a honeymoon Steve and I already have the Miraflores Park Hotel booked for 3 nights - Junior Suite with ocean view, sauna, massages etc in the room (my surprise wedding pressie to her) ;) Haven't booked Machu Pichu yet as the guidebooks recommended waiting until we got there but I'm kind of wanting to get as many of the costs paid up front as I can. We're going for three and a half weeks and were originally heading for Arica from La Paz via Lauca Park but I've since learned there's an airport in Arequipa as well, so didn't know whether to aim for there instead of Arica for the end of the journey. Will check out that Cusco hotel though the woman spotted 'Ninos' as well that sounds good (profits go to an associated orphanage).

ziggysego

When's the big day guys?
Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Donagh

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 11:24:36 PM
When's the big day guys?

Two days before Armagh v Down and flying out the morning after (though I don't think she would be impressed to know the honeymoon was delayed by a day for the football).  ;D

ziggysego

Congratulations guys.

I don't think Armagh and Down are playing this year Donagh, unless you mean in the qualifiers ;)
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Im actually a bit worried lads...I met my girlfriend on the 29th Feb 2004 so it will be four years on the 29th of Feb this year...
Hope to feck she isn't gonna get any ideas  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

You engaged now too hardstation?
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 21, 2008, 11:37:32 PM
Im actually a bit worried lads...I met my girlfriend on the 29th Feb 2004 so it will be four years on the 29th of Feb this year...
Hope to feck she isn't gonna get any ideas  :-\

:D  :D

I thought you were married hardstation.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 11:34:59 PM
Congratulations guys.

I don't think Armagh and Down are playing this year Donagh, unless you mean in the qualifiers ;)

Dream on Ziggy  ;)

pintsofguinness

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness