Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: David McKeown on March 03, 2011, 11:30:38 PM
I presume the FA will charge Martinez and Mancini for their comments from the weekend too. Ferguson like Rooney deserves a ban but only if there is some consistency to the actions which unfortunately is lacking

What did Mancini and Martinez say/ do?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 03, 2011, 11:37:32 PM
I presume the FA will charge Martinez and Mancini for their comments from the weekend too. Ferguson like Rooney deserves a ban but only if there is some consistency to the actions which unfortunately is lacking

Martinez criticised referee for not sending Rooney off. Manchini placed blame for draw on ref
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stiffler

Is fergie in trouble about his pre or post game comments?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

Ferguson refusing to speak to MUTV because they "aired" his views that got him in the shit. Go figure.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on March 03, 2011, 10:23:04 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 03, 2011, 10:12:43 PM
Chasing clubs get another boost with the news that Carrick has signed a new deal

I seem to be in a minority of one, I quite like Carrick :-[. He was an important part of the 3 in a row team but his stock has fallen significantly since the 2009 Champ League Final when he was singled out (unfairly I thought) as being the main reason Uniteds midfield was overrun. Decent pro if a little solid rather than spectacular. His role at United has also changed signicantly through no fault of his own, hes more often nowadays a shield in front of back four than further forward where hes better suited.

I was shocked when I heard this yesterday, offers very little protection and offered very little going forward too.  It would be different if he was bought for say £2 million, but FFS he cost the guts of £20M.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: David McKeown on March 04, 2011, 01:27:34 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 03, 2011, 11:37:32 PM

Martinez criticised referee for not sending Rooney off. Manchini placed blame for draw on ref

Sometimes it's not what they say it's the way that the say it. The words and language used.

I actually thought Fergie was carefully choosing his words on Tues night to avoid the trip to the FA. However we all know that when Fergie rants he does so for not what has happened, but to influence what may happen going forward. It lacks class at times, but works, and is a skill in itself.

Personally I'd love to have seen Ancellotti come out and highlight the major incidents that have gone against Chelsea the last 4 or 5 games. Just to mark a card or two.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bingo

I see Fergie has now blacklisted MUTV and isn't talking to them either according to journo's on twitter.

He'll soon not be talking to himself or his players.  :D

Boycey

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 04, 2011, 09:00:43 AM
Quote from: Boycey on March 03, 2011, 10:23:04 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on March 03, 2011, 10:12:43 PM
Chasing clubs get another boost with the news that Carrick has signed a new deal

I seem to be in a minority of one, I quite like Carrick :-[. He was an important part of the 3 in a row team but his stock has fallen significantly since the 2009 Champ League Final when he was singled out (unfairly I thought) as being the main reason Uniteds midfield was overrun. Decent pro if a little solid rather than spectacular. His role at United has also changed signicantly through no fault of his own, hes more often nowadays a shield in front of back four than further forward where hes better suited.

I was shocked when I heard this yesterday, offers very little protection and offered very little going forward too.  It would be different if he was bought for say £2 million, but FFS he cost the guts of £20M.

With Giggs probably likely to play less games next year, Scholes possibly retiring in the summer and the owners not showing any signs of letting go of the purse strings you would still like to let him go?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on March 04, 2011, 09:37:17 AM
I see Fergie has now blacklisted MUTV and isn't talking to them either according to journo's on twitter.

He'll soon not be talking to himself or his players.  :D

MUTV from the rare viewings I get of it (i.e. when its free) is rubbish anyway. Just Glazer propaganda.

ross4life

I think Fergie did a Mourinho by taking the attention off his team after a defeat & putting all the attention on himself & i'll be surprised if Martin Atkinson is put in charge of another United game anytime soon.

Martin Sludden would be proud of some of his decision this season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTZa-3t-khg

One finaly word on the Chelsea penalty fair play to Ivanovic for coming out & saying it wasn't a correct decision.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

EC Unique

Arselona drop 2 points today. Takes the pressure off a bit.  ;D
minder won't be happy.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Boycey on March 05, 2011, 10:48:32 AM
Latest signing, this kid looks about 12

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9411803.stm

Apparently United offered them 297,000 plus either Carrick or Gibson thrown in as a deadweight, sorry i meant makeweight, but Anderlecht said that the 297,000 would be just fine on it's own.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: ross4life on February 24, 2010, 11:40:13 PM
doing this is always a bit of fun
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm
I've done this for the remainder of the season.
I have Utd and Arsenal to both finish on 79 points with Utd winning on goal difference.

magpie seanie

Haven't looked at it in detail but I don't expect anyone to get much more than 80.