Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 18, 2023, 03:22:42 PMthey'll hardly take these 4 teams to dunsilly will they ?
Dunloy v Lougheil @ Ballycastle
CDall v Ballycsstle @ Dunloy or Lougheil

Would be more sensible IMO

Knowing the Antrim County Board they'll play the semi finals in Armagh or Newry :'(

Surely with a North Antrim final they will have the cop on to stage the final in North Antrim instead of Corrigan

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 18, 2023, 02:27:28 PMAlways wonder what might have happened with ballycastle had they beat cushendall that year they were something like 11 points up in.

Aye, big lead at half time, 9 points up I think, playing with a significant breeze in the first half.

Big Conor Carson made a serious amount of high catches in the second half to set up a good few scores to haul Cushendall back into it that day.

Where did Saul McCaughan ever end up ? Was some player.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 20, 2023, 10:02:14 AMU-15 A & B finals last night, you wouldn't have known if you were following Antrims Twitter account.

You could have went to the the games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2023, 10:38:35 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 20, 2023, 10:02:14 AMU-15 A & B finals last night, you wouldn't have known if you were following Antrims Twitter account.

Think more the issue was jamming these games in on a week night with the kids all back to school etc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 20, 2023, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2023, 10:38:35 AM

Think more the issue was jamming these games in on a week night with the kids all back to school etc

If we jam it in at the weekend the ones 'going' to other games would say they didn't have a chance to watch them!!

Like really, other than club members/family (who'll know when the games are on) actually go to the games of other clubs at that level?

There were great match reports on the games and they were all on the fixture list of games on the Antrim web page.

If you want to be offended (not you) we could be here all day lol

Back in the day before social media, the world kept turning and kids still played the games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonkunlon

Junior semi Friday night.

Junior semi Saturday morning.

Intermediate semi Saturday afternoon.

Intermediate semi Saturday evening.

Senior semi Sunday lunchtime.

Senior semi Sunday late afternoon.

I cannot fathom why there is not more logical planning that would facilitate fans getting to all 6 semi-finals next weekend.

Perhaps even a weekend pass??

Infuriating given there are so few genuinely competitive and meaningful games in the club calendar.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 20, 2023, 07:41:05 PMJunior semi Friday night.

I cannot fathom why there is not more logical planning that would facilitate fans getting to all 6 semi-finals next weekend.

Infuriating given there are so few genuinely competitive and meaningful games in the club calendar.

Would you genuinely go to all games?

Jonkunlon

I think people would squeeze in as many games as possible. £30 weekend pass would be appealing. I take your point, 6 games is overkill. But genuine hurling fans would love to see more of Saturday's games. It's far from ideal.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 20, 2023, 07:41:05 PMJunior semi Friday night.

You could take in 4 games that weekend as the fixtures stand which isnt too bad. Only change could possibly be 1 game moved from the Saturday to the Sunday and knock the Dunloy game back 2 hours and play a junior game /cushendun v creggan at 1.30

Jonkunlon

I make it three being possible:

●1 Friday Night
●1 Saturday
●1 Sunday

Don't think 2 is a possibility on Saturday.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 21, 2023, 05:21:09 PMI make it three being possible:

●1 Friday Night
●1 Saturday
●1 Sunday

Don't think 2 is a possibility on Saturday.

Cloughmills to Loughgiel is approx a 5minute drive

Jonkunlon

66 mins hurling (to allow for injury time)
15 mins halftime

3:21pm

Match Traffic, Cloughmills pot holed lane and travel to Loughgiel

3:40pm at the very earliest

Parking at the TOP end of the road near the chapel and walking

3:50pm at the very earliest

Not a chance is anyone making that game having been at Cloughmills.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 22, 2023, 09:31:24 AM66 mins hurling (to allow for injury time)
15 mins halftime

Think you are really over egging it... Cost of living and so on people will go to 'A' match they they are really interested in and catch the results of the other game .. If you miss 5 minutes of a game, you won't lose out.

Not that it matters but its 10 mins half time  ;)

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2023, 09:58:01 AM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 22, 2023, 09:31:24 AM66 mins hurling (to allow for injury time)
15 mins halftime

Think you are really over egging it... Cost of living and so on people will go to 'A' match they they are really interested in and catch the results of the other game .. If you miss 5 minutes of a game, you won't lose out.

Not that it matters but its 10 mins half time  ;)

Not at all. I'd love to get to as many hurling matches this weekend as possible. 4 games would cost you half the price of a night out.

Is your watch working again?

;D

You're missing the point. Give us enough time to get to as many games as possible. Maximise attendance at games and maximise revenue generated. It's straightforward stuff. You might only want to go to one game, I don't.  Each to their own.

imtommygunn

Would you go to 6 games in a weekend?? (I see your point but I just don't imagine there would be particularly many people who would go to 6...).

Personally I'd love to have the time to do it!