Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Good for Paudie a bit of straight talking never went amiss  ;)

Fairhead

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 07, 2009, 12:30:07 AM
Delighted for my old school Cross and Passion to win an All-Ireland. I was totally unaware they were in the final as I've left home 14 years now. Hard to keep up to date. The very same day they were playing I wore an old Cross and Passion jacket to work. It had been laying in the wardrobe for a long time and I think I kept it there for sentimental reason's. How ironic I should put it on out of the blue when the school was involved in one of the biggest games in it's history. Was slightly disappointed Micky Dallet wasn't involved not sure where he is now. But when I went there himself the late Brian Thompson, Seamus Hegarty and Kathleen Mc Gowan were to the fore for promoting hurling. I'm sure they will take alot of satisfaction with this win where ever they may be. Cross and Passion is in the middle of a great catchment area for Hurling. With youngsters comming from Ballycastle, Baile an tuaigh ;), Cushendun, Armoy, Loughiel,  Glenariffe and Cushendall.

Sign of times when a Linfield player was training the lads. Dose anyone know if this means  C.P.C play in section A next year?

If Antrim didn't lose to Carlow they would be at the top of division two. I might be the only one here that hopes they don't get promoted. Were at a level where we can compete at at the moment. The thought of 30 point hammering's every second week dose nothing for us.

Mickey Dallet is still at the school alright Baile an Tuaigh; in fact he bounded down the steps of the stand on Sat and leapt across the pitch like a spring lamb when the final whistle went. He still takes teams alright he just wasn't with that one.

I dont think the Ulster champions are under any obligation to go in to the A colleges but i think if the Mageean winners were to continue getting to the B final and winning them every other year id imagine the pressure will come on them to go up to A. However maybe the Dublin route, as i mentioned before, going with a combined team might come in to play.

imtommygunn

Did they not experiment a few years ago with the college all stars playing in the A semi final or am I mistaken?

Good to see C`& P win it. Hopefully it's a sign we've a good crop of minors this year.

Tony Baloney

The County Chairman must be smarting from the performance of the Antrim hurlers without the Dall lads, as I would guess it was him who has sent in an amendment proposal under the guise of the Cushendun club:

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=1590

"The Provincial and All Ireland Club Championships shall be completed prior to the commencement of the following year's National Leagues".
Rules affected:   Rule 71, 73 and 90 O.G.

C.L.G. Roibeard Emmet, Aontroim

NAG

I thought he would have had more of a grip on the fact that the GAA calander is already stretched and compact and that this is the only time is realistically can be played.

Teachtaire

He would need to do something as there are a lot of unhappy people.

NAG

Unhappy with what and who are the unhappy people? Teachtaire

Teachtaire

Unhappy with the performances on the field - you really don't have to be a rocket scientist to work it out. The people are just ordinary Joe Soaps like me who are frustrated that we as a county are not achieving our potential. IMO, people are justified in being unhappy about this situation.

Are you happy with what you have seen? Are you happy with the Carlow result? Are you happy with the Kerry result?

What do you suggest that should be done to improve our circumstances?

The thing is that I'm not a member of the anti-antrim brigade who will have a pop at the county board just because it is the county board. But the antrim web site will not allow Antrim people express their sense of frustration. The level of hysteria and arrogance displayed by the administrators is a real head in the sand approach.

NAG what do attribute the poor performances to?

NAG

Welll I certainly dont put it down to the fact that we were missing a few of the cushendalls boys for the early part of the league and that was my point.

I have a number of concerns re the current squad and the balance of it esp the lack of scoring power.

I also have an issue with the management that we havent come up with either a settled team (even panel) or system of play in 3 years and we look no closer to doing this.

That is more frustrating to me than anything, we should have decided by now what players we are going forward with and get a system of play which suits these players the best.

The county board/ website do not except criticism of any kind be it warranted or not and there are alot of genuine people on this board who only want to see antrim succeed but are continually let down by things are going on behind the scenes.

Minder

My memory could be playing tricks but the Cushendall match was played before the debacles against Westmeath & Carlow.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Teachtaire

NAG I agree with everything you have said.

I always thought that JMcS was a fairly level sort of guy and I was surprised that he would have allowed some of the responses from the administrators on the antrim web-site.

NAG

Allowed or typed was that?  ;)

Teachtaire

If what you say is true then that makes it all the more frustrating - a dictatorship. "Think what I think and if you don't, then, tough, I will take your right to comment away."

However, JMcS is an educated man. The comments on the Antrim site seem to come from some sort of narrow minded, self-important person/persons who appear to be interested in their little bit of power. Surely, they cannot be the thoughts of an educated man.

In fact, the attitude reflected in these responses illustrate a key reason why Antrim has never been successful. There has always been a territorial, mean-spirited approach within the county and this is very well reflected by the administrators.

Teachtaire

I see that the Antrim webshite has stopped posting messages in Irish.