Cill Dara v Tír Eoghain, D1R314, Newbridge, Sunday 2nd March @ 2pm.

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2014, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looking forward to this one, with Kildare on our heels after suffering that narrow defeat to Cork, plus home-advantage; a stiff enough test, to be sure.

We could expect Seán Cav to be starting this one, and St Conleth's hasn't been the most unrewarding of hunting-grounds for us in recent years.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Tyrone had a couple of good wins down there last year but it is a tough enough place to go. A win and could definitely start thinking of the semi. I'd expect another 3 or 4 changes with cavanagh coming back in. Would be good to get the mcmahons back in the panel sooner rather than later. If justy is going to be involved this year he needs plenty of game time in the league.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare will improve under the new manager.

I can see us losing to Tyrone just the twice this year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

I would hope to make this match and I haven't been to Newbridge since Canavan & Cush won their first U21 title under Danny Ball. It was all over at half time and little did we realise that it was start a new era of dominance over Kerry.

Sorry D Hollow I'll leave you alone now

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2014, 04:06:01 PM
I would hope to make this match and I haven't been to Newbridge since Canavan & Cush won their first U21 title under Danny Ball. It was all over at half time and little did we realise that it was start a new era of dominance over Kerry.

Sorry D Hollow I'll leave you alone now

I was at that game as an 18 year old, myself a mate and Nuxer Buckley were caught by Seamus Aldridge hopping over the wall on the barracks side. He let me and my mate go but made Nuxer go around and pay as he should know better.

Awesome football from Tyrone that day. Ye had some support as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2014, 05:14:12 PM
No wonder Buckley fecked off and left ye.

Ha! He wasn't the first footballer Seamus ran out of the country!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Fuzzman

Ah the memories.
As a young cub I remember thinking how good will this young Canavan chap be or is it all just hype. Cush and McCafferty looked just as good to me.

I see Brolly in today's Gaelic life is trying his hardest to praise Harte and Tyrone hoping that Mickey will stick with the attack minded football and NOT return to the defensive, negative football. It's quite a funny article actually and he even has a pop at the Dubs and how they abandoned their morals to win the AI last year by dragging men down left right and centre

I just hope that RoN gets a bit more of the limelight that young McCurry has been getting lately. I think these two lads along with Mattie D and McAliskey can be the new kids on the block for the next number of years

LeoMc

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2014, 11:17:20 PM
Ah the memories.
As a young cub I remember thinking how good will this young Canavan chap be or is it all just hype. Cush and McCafferty looked just as good to me.

I see Brolly in today's Gaelic life is trying his hardest to praise Harte and Tyrone hoping that Mickey will stick with the attack minded football and NOT return to the defensive, negative football. It's quite a funny article actually and he even has a pop at the Dubs and how they abandoned their morals to win the AI last year by dragging men down left right and centre

I just hope that RoN gets a bit more of the limelight that young McCurry has been getting lately. I think these two lads along with Mattie D and McAliskey can be the new kids on the block for the next number of years
4:12 from that half forward line that day, 2:05, 0:05 and 2:02.

omagh_gael

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=42499

Found this article there from 1992. Interesting from my perspective as I was only 6 when it was written. A real pity that most of these lads never got to taste AI senior success.

Did McCaffrey play soccer for Omagh Town? Himself and Eamon Kavanagh?

Fuzzman

It's hard to find anything online about that first U21 win in New bridge.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

I see in the Gaelic Life Mickey Harte reckons Newbridge is now nearly our home pitch as we've played there so much. Twice last year and maybe we'll get a spin out there again later in the summer when we lose to Down in the first prem round

With a few of the older heads back now it will be interesting to see who Mickey picks for this game.
I would imagine Niall McKenna, Grugan, Shay McGuigan, Kane and Hughes might all struggle to hold their place or even stay in the squad but then again maybe he'll continue to rotate things.
When is the new squad announced?

Good to see Coney get back into the scoring charts.
I've asked before but what do you all make of McNeice?
I've not really seen enough of the young lad but he looks big and strong but he often doesn't deliver though I see he scored 3 points on Wed night from corner forward.

nrico2006

Grugan, McKenna and McGuigan will make the squad, with two of them pushing for starting places this year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 21, 2014, 01:39:07 PM
I see in the Gaelic Life Mickey Harte reckons Newbridge is now nearly our home pitch as we've played there so much. Twice last year and maybe we'll get a spin out there again later in the summer when we lose to Down in the first prem round

With a few of the older heads back now it will be interesting to see who Mickey picks for this game.
I would imagine Niall McKenna, Grugan, Shay McGuigan, Kane and Hughes might all struggle to hold their place or even stay in the squad but then again maybe he'll continue to rotate things.
When is the new squad announced?

Good to see Coney get back into the scoring charts.
I've asked before but what do you all make of McNeice?
I've not really seen enough of the young lad but he looks big and strong but he often doesn't deliver though I see he scored 3 points on Wed night from corner forward.
Why wouldn't ye spend money on it? Mean bastards.