Break in at IFA and pilfering of new away kits

Started by T Fearon, August 02, 2007, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

As one who reserves the right to parade nonchalantly unhindered  into Windsor Park to accept invitations of Hospitality in the Viewing Lounge or to get memorabilia signed by the likes of Jurgen Klinsmann, or indeed for any legitimate reason,using any of the access routes available (including the Village) I can say that they overriding reason for my lack of support for the North of Ireland team is the use of exclusively unionist paraphernalia. I see nothing, and I mean nothing whatsoever, that acknowledges the existence even, of my community at Windsor Park on international match occasions

An Fear Rua

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2007, 12:29:12 PM
As one who reserves the right to parade nonchalantly unhindered  into Windsor Park to accept invitations of Hospitality in the Viewing Lounge or to get memorabilia signed by the likes of Jurgen Klinsmann, or indeed for any legitimate reason,using any of the access routes available (including the Village) I can say that they overriding reason for my lack of support for the North of Ireland team is the use of exclusively unionist paraphernalia. I see nothing, and I mean nothing whatsoever, that acknowledges the existence even, of my community at Windsor Park on international match occasions

surely they can apply for a Weight Watchers franchise??

Why would you want to go and support anyway Tony? You an Ulster Nationalist now?
Its Grim up North

mooncatiii

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 03, 2007, 12:33:56 PM

surely they can apply for a Weight Watchers franchise??

Why would you want to go and support anyway Tony? You an Ulster Nationalist now?

what is your point here, he said his lack of suppport!  he goes to windsor as he accepts invitations which presumably is part of his job! u r an ulster nationalist then to, seein as u r from ulster one of the four provinces of ireland!  explain to me what an ulster nationalist is? im interested to hear your response
shazam

nifan

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 12:28:10 PM
nah mate your twisting things...i no WP is not in the village but it is too close for comfort u cant seem to accept this!  u cannot say people or incorrect if they feel intimidated in an area!  if u go back an read 5times post it sums it up well! 

and how do i no that all the catholics who live there go to the games...do u no that for a fact? 

it seems to be like u dont understand and don't want to understand.  i as a catholic would feel intimidated goin to WP and i no that alot of other catholics would feel the same! i am sure there are alot of other reasons but i can assure that i do not a single catholic who has ever been to a NI game, im sure there has been plenty but th overwhelming majority of catholics would follow RoI

All the catholics who live there dont go to games, nor do all the protestants, you are being absurd. I am talking about the makeup of the area.

Im not saying they are wrong, I am saying that many dont, and that it isnt in a loyalist ghetto which was claimed.

Quoteim sure there has been plenty but th overwhelming majority of catholics would follow RoI
I am aware that the majority of catholics of support the ROI, and im not overly bothered by it - its their choice

mooncatiii

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 12:28:10 PM
nah mate your twisting things...i no WP is not in the village but it is too close for comfort u cant seem to accept this!  u cannot say people or incorrect if they feel intimidated in an area!  if u go back an read 5times post it sums it up well! 

and how do i no that all the catholics who live there go to the games...do u no that for a fact? 

it seems to be like u dont understand and don't want to understand.  i as a catholic would feel intimidated goin to WP and i no that alot of other catholics would feel the same! i am sure there are alot of other reasons but i can assure that i do not a single catholic who has ever been to a NI game, im sure there has been plenty but th overwhelming majority of catholics would follow RoI

All the catholics who live there dont go to games, nor do all the protestants, you are being absurd. I am talking about the makeup of the area.

Im not saying they are wrong, I am saying that many dont, and that it isnt in a loyalist ghetto which was claimed.

Quoteim sure there has been plenty but th overwhelming majority of catholics would follow RoI
I am aware that the majority of catholics of support the ROI, and im not overly bothered by it - its their choice

there is a handfull of catholics go to games in my opinion, working on the ratio of every catholic i no none of them would go watch NI!  and it is a stones throw from a loyalist ghetto and most definitely in a heavily unionsit area!  u don't seem to want to accept this u r talkin from a protestant point of view, and i am talkin from a catholics point of view and no matter how u dress it up windsor park and surrounding area is intimidating to catholics and they do not feel safe!  no bpdy on this board has come out to say they feel safe in windsor so u cannot base th argument on your assumption that hundreds of catholics reegularly go to watch to NI
shazam

An Fear Rua

The internet is a wonderful source of information, but seeing as its you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_nationalism

I'm a nationalist from Ulster not an Ulster Nationalist
Its Grim up North

mooncatiii

now explain how t fearon goin to hospitality suites at WP makes him a follower of the UDA
shazam

nifan

mooncatii, are you mad - youve continually stated that catholics cant feel safe in the area - HUNDREDS live there.
You dont know them, but you not knowing them has no bearing on this argument. If you lived in the area you would know them.
I dont know any protestants who live in enniskillen for example, but that doesnt mean there arent any

i live with catholics in the area, so i can see from the catholic point of view as well - im hardly overtly protestant either.
You may find the area intimidating, but to say it is "intimidating to catholics" is a stretch - it isnt to the many who live there.

Chrisowc

OK.  Here we go again.  This is now the 4th time I have asked you to justify this statement since I joined this board and you have yet to show me how Northern Ireland supporters or the team use "exclusively unionist paraphernalia"

So please enlighten me.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

GweylTah

The attitudes of neanderthal bog-men here are indicative of the sort of midset we saw in 1980s Yugosavia, where they would have been more comfortable with forced population movements as well as partition.  Is it any wonder non-nationals get a hard time in Ireland?

mooncatiii

to be honest u r doin my head in, ive made my point in that cathloics dont feel safe in there and that goes for all the 1s that i no!  but u cant seem to get that into your thick head!   u keep arguin that catholics do feel safe when u r on a board full of cathoilics and not one person has came out an said that they would feel safe in Windsor park!   the team is death and its a shithole anyway coupled with the fact its in a loyalist hole!  
shazam

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: GweylTah on August 03, 2007, 01:23:40 PM
The attitudes of neanderthal bog-men here are indicative of the sort of midset we saw in 1980s Yugosavia, where they would have been more comfortable with forced population movements as well as partition.  Is it any wonder non-nationals get a hard time in Ireland?

whats your problem with Bogmen?

are you saying theres something wrong with working in Bogs and cutting turf?  >:(

mooncatiii

what history book did u read that out of?  because it has absolutely nothin to do with any thing on here! 
shazam

nifan

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 01:27:13 PM
to be honest u r doin my head in, ive made my point in that cathloics dont feel safe in there and that goes for all the 1s that i no!  but u cant seem to get that into your thick head!   u keep arguin that catholics do feel safe when u r on a board full of cathoilics and not one person has came out an said that they would feel safe in Windsor park!   the team is death and its a shithole anyway coupled with the fact its in a loyalist hole!  

who you calling thick?
I can understand your argument, but the fact is youve obviously no idea of the local area or its make up.
You base it on the "1s that i no". Obviously they dont know the area either,

The board may be full of catholics, and i bet that some of them have lived in the lisburn road area - maybe they havent read this thread. Many others wont know the slightest thing about the area windsor is in - considering the board has people from across ireland.

YOU dont speak for catholics.
i can go by "1s that i no" that people do live in the area, feel safe there, and some do go to matches.

Quotethe team is death and its a shithole anyway coupled with the fact its in a loyalist hole!  

I can only assume you are supposed to be some zany character.

Rossfan

non-nationals get a hard time in Ireland?

Like being burnt out/intimidated into leaving  Loyalist areas in the 6 north Eastern Counties for example.
I think that's giving people a hard time but then again after 2 or 300 years of doing it to "fenians" that probably seems normal behaviour to  Gway.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM