Break in at IFA and pilfering of new away kits

Started by T Fearon, August 02, 2007, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncatiii

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 10:48:33 AM
Quoteit is in the middle of a loyalist ghetto

please stop this, its simply not in the case. Have a look at the map and see where windsor is - "middle of a ghetto, hardly.

Quotethe facts r that the people goin to the matchs is still largely th same people who booed neil lennon because he signed for celtic

Im not sure how many of the couple of hundred who booed lennon are regulars at the games. The fact are that the majority of people who supported lennon and said "not in our name" about the events are still the same people going matches.

MATE I DONT NEED TO LOOK AT ANY MAPS YOU CAN SEE GOIN PAST ON THE TRAIN AND DRIVIN THROUGH TH AREA IN TH CAR THAT IT IS A LOYALIST GHETTO!  IF IT ISN'T WOULD YOU WALK THROUGH TH AREA THAT WINDSOR IS IN WITH AN RoI TOP ON R A gaa TOP?

AND IT WAS MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HUNDRED, CERTAINLY ALOT MORE PEOPLE SAID IT WAS NOT IN THEIR NAME BUT THERE WAS STILL A FAIR AMOUNT BOOED! 

EITHER WAY FOLLOWING NI IS NOT APPEALING TO NATIONALISTS AND THE MAIN REASON IS WINDSOR!  I AM NOT TRYIN TO ARGUE, I AM JUS PUTTIN MY POINT ACROSS AND TELLIN THE NATIONALIST PERSPECTIVE!  IT IS A FACT U CANNOT DISPUTE IT
shazam

SammyG

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:00:09 AMMATE I DONT NEED TO LOOK AT ANY MAPS YOU CAN SEE GOIN PAST ON THE TRAIN AND DRIVIN THROUGH TH AREA IN TH CAR THAT IT IS A LOYALIST GHETTO! 
Why would you drive past WP unless you were going to a match. The roads around WP don't go anywhere other than to the ground?
Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:00:09 AM
IF IT ISN'T WOULD YOU WALK THROUGH TH AREA THAT WINDSOR IS IN WITH AN RoI TOP ON R A gaa TOP?
You see loads of GAA tops on the Lisburn Road, every day of the week.
Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:00:09 AMEITHER WAY FOLLOWING NI IS NOT APPEALING TO NATIONALISTS AND THE MAIN REASON IS WINDSOR!  I AM NOT TRYIN TO ARGUE, I AM JUS PUTTIN MY POINT ACROSS AND TELLIN THE NATIONALIST PERSPECTIVE!  IT IS A FACT U CANNOT DISPUTE IT
So you make up nonsense and then use that nonsense as your reason not to follow the team. Brilliant logic.

nifan

QuoteMATE I DONT NEED TO LOOK AT ANY MAPS YOU CAN SEE GOIN PAST ON THE TRAIN AND DRIVIN THROUGH TH AREA IN TH CAR THAT IT IS A LOYALIST GHETTO!
The lisburn road is not a loyalist ghetto, and it is simple to get to the stadium from it - the way i go there.
I see many people on the lisburn road in GAA tops, or with GAA training bags. I have lived on the ormeau road on and off for 5 years of the last 10.

QuoteAND IT WAS MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HUNDRED, CERTAINLY ALOT MORE PEOPLE SAID IT WAS NOT IN THEIR NAME BUT THERE WAS STILL A FAIR AMOUNT BOOED!
Where do you get your perspective of the amount who booed from? Many people cheered every touch of neil lennon that night. The booing was a disgrace, and it was an odd situation with those booing him and many cheering him at the same time.

QuoteI AM JUS PUTTIN MY POINT ACROSS AND TELLIN THE NATIONALIST PERSPECTIVE!  IT IS A FACT U CANNOT DISPUTE IT

It is not fact, it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However you cannot talk for all nationalists. I can easily dispute the points of your argument when they are incorrect.

mooncatiii

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 11:09:14 AM
QuoteMATE I DONT NEED TO LOOK AT ANY MAPS YOU CAN SEE GOIN PAST ON THE TRAIN AND DRIVIN THROUGH TH AREA IN TH CAR THAT IT IS A LOYALIST GHETTO!
The lisburn road is not a loyalist ghetto, and it is simple to get to the stadium from it - the way i go there.
I see many people on the lisburn road in GAA tops, or with GAA training bags. I have lived on the ormeau road on and off for 5 years of the last 10.

QuoteAND IT WAS MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HUNDRED, CERTAINLY ALOT MORE PEOPLE SAID IT WAS NOT IN THEIR NAME BUT THERE WAS STILL A FAIR AMOUNT BOOED!
Where do you get your perspective of the amount who booed from? Many people cheered every touch of neil lennon that night. The booing was a disgrace, and it was an odd situation with those booing him and many cheering him at the same time.

QuoteI AM JUS PUTTIN MY POINT ACROSS AND TELLIN THE NATIONALIST PERSPECTIVE!  IT IS A FACT U CANNOT DISPUTE IT

It is not fact, it is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However you cannot talk for all nationalists. I can easily dispute the points of your argument when they are incorrect.

SamjyG and Nifan, u 2 r useless to talk to can u not comprehend what i am sayin here, it is not nonsense WP is right beside the village area and weather u like it or not noone i know would go near for that reason!  i am tellin you the opinion of every nationalist i no!  the main reason more catholics do not follow NI is because of the stadium!  

and sammyG what r u implyin that i go to matches? how is roads around WP only used for matches!

u 2 r obviously goin to come with some stupid argument sayin that i am wriong but u cannot speak for nationalist...if any nationalists on here think i am wrong then speak up
shazam

nifan

I do look at it from that perspective.

I live a few minutes away from windsor, with 4 catholic lads. I used to live even closer with them They walk throught the area every day. The lisburn road area has a large catholic population. Your point doesnt make any sense in that regard. How do you think these people go about their daily business?
You see GAA shirts and bags there evey day of the week.
Iplay in a football league in olympia and people wear ROI shirts or gaa shirts there all the time too.

QuoteYes, you may know the odd taig who goes to a game, but I bet he doesnt wear his local club or county jersey under his jacket now does he
No they dont, but conversly I dont wear a NI shirt to GAA games either.

QuoteAnyone who is there, is there in the name of sport, not on some sectarian flag waving excercise
Pure sectarian comment.

Quoteand its unwillingness to reach out to the other community.
so NI football makes less effort to reach out to the other community. Tell mewhat the GAA could teach us here?
Ignore the efforts of the IFA in, for example the recent andytown night league they ran etc. why dont you.

Quotebut we dont feel comfortable at NI games for obvious reasons.
YOU dont, fair enough but dont presume to talk for everyone

QuoteI dont know how many people sang the billy boys, but it was sung and as a result an impression was made on that group of young lads and it wasnt a positive one.

And i personally never denied he did, but stated that it would have been a very small minority. Like I said I wouldnt use something like that to tar the entire gaa community, but thats exaclty what you have done in your posts.

nifan

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:21:36 AM
SamjyG and Nifan, u 2 r useless to talk to can u not comprehend what i am sayin here, it is not nonsense WP is right beside the village area and weather u like it or not noone i know would go near for that reason!  i am tellin you the opinion of every nationalist i no!  the main reason more catholics do not follow NI is because of the stadium!  

and sammyG what r u implyin that i go to matches? how is roads around WP only used for matches!

u 2 r obviously goin to come with some stupid argument sayin that i am wriong but u cannot speak for nationalist...if any nationalists on here think i am wrong then speak up

i comprehend what you say, i disagree.
right beside is a lot different than in the middle of which was what was said earlier.
ill make this simple, many catholics live RIGHT BESIDE windsor, on the streets off the lisburn road. How can they live there but not walk in the area?

I cant speak for nationalists, and neither can you. You can speak for yourselves or others youve discussed this with.

mooncatiii

nifan u dont understand i dont expect u to either tho all im sayin is i am not slagging of NI as ido watch them on tv and i am not slagging of the IFA  as undoubtably they r doin great cross community work but the main issue is the location of WP it is in a loyalist area weather it be across th road it is still to close for comfort!  lets put it like this, i do not know of a single catholic who has been to an NI match or would even contemplate it!  and it is because of the area they would have to go through to get to th match they could not feel at ease! 
shazam

SammyG

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:41:05 AMand it is because of the area they would have to go through to get to th match they could not feel at ease! 
Forgetting all the rest of the arguments, for a minute, can you please explain why you would walk through a Loyalist area to get to WP? Genuine question as I don't understand what you're saying. I've been going to WP for 30 odd years and I've never been through the Village in my life (nor would I want to).

nifan

mooncatii, many catholics live right beside windsor in the streets off lisburn road - thay have to cross a footbridge and they are at the stadium, hhow can it be too close for comfort - they live in the area.

The only area they have to go through is the one they live in - can you understand what i am saying

An Fear Rua

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 11:41:05 AM
nifan u dont understand i dont expect u to either tho all im sayin is i am not slagging of NI as ido watch them on tv and i am not slagging of the IFA  as undoubtably they r doin great cross community work but the main issue is the location of WP it is in a loyalist area weather it be across th road it is still to close for comfort!  lets put it like this, i do not know of a single catholic who has been to an NI match or would even contemplate it!  and it is because of the area they would have to go through to get to th match they could not feel at ease! 

Nah , I disagree, why would the location of what was once a stadium be the only factor that puts you off. The area etc is just one aspect of it. It certainly not the only reason.
Its Grim up North

mooncatiii

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 11:46:59 AM
mooncatii, many catholics live right beside windsor in the streets off lisburn road - thay have to cross a footbridge and they are at the stadium, hhow can it be too close for comfort - they live in the area.

The only area they have to go through is the one they live in - can you understand what i am saying

yes for people tthat live in th area but can u understand what im sayin tht for the rest of the who live all over northern Ireland walkin down the lisburn rd with it draped in flags for the 12th is not the most inviting!  and most catholics in my opinion would say that WP is in th village! 

and An Fear Rua, so u do agree with me then that the area is factor...for me and alot of others it a major factor1  without wanting to get into a debate about this but if the ground was elsewhere i would consider goin to a match!   but aside from the ground there is other issues of course
shazam

nifan

Quoteand most catholics in my opinion would say that WP is in th village!

So if a lot of people are incorrect, but theres enough of them, its ok

And now you seem to appreciate its ok for the catholics who live there, so would you admit it isnt a loyalist ghetto?

An Fear Rua

yeah the ground/area is a factor for people, but personally speaking it certainly wouldnt be anywhere near the top reason.
In fact it would probably never even be a consideration for me, as Id never make it that far down my checklist....
Its Grim up North

SammyG

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 03, 2007, 12:05:04 PM
yeah the ground/area is a factor, but personally speaking it certainly wouldnt be anywhere near the top reason.
Any chance of letting us know your top ten (or how ever many there are) reasons?

mooncatiii

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 12:03:58 PM
Quoteand most catholics in my opinion would say that WP is in th village!

So if a lot of people are incorrect, but theres enough of them, its ok

And now you seem to appreciate its ok for the catholics who live there, so would you admit it isnt a loyalist ghetto?

nah mate your twisting things...i no WP is not in the village but it is too close for comfort u cant seem to accept this!  u cannot say people or incorrect if they feel intimidated in an area!  if u go back an read 5times post it sums it up well! 

and how do i no that all the catholics who live there go to the games...do u no that for a fact? 

it seems to be like u dont understand and don't want to understand.  i as a catholic would feel intimidated goin to WP and i no that alot of other catholics would feel the same! i am sure there are alot of other reasons but i can assure that i do not a single catholic who has ever been to a NI game, im sure there has been plenty but th overwhelming majority of catholics would follow RoI
shazam