Break in at IFA and pilfering of new away kits

Started by T Fearon, August 02, 2007, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

she likes making up these random comments then runs away when anyone pulls her up on them.

Non Nationals have came in great numbers to this country.

Has racism been evident in the attitudes of some irish born people towards them? Sure

Have we instigated race riots against foreign nationals and those of a different colours and cultures like Gweytafuck's "fellow countrymen and women" did in Bradford and oldham?
The answer to that is NO.  :)

we should be proud of the way we have opened up our country to foreign nationals and have accepted them in such a graceful way.

Im guessing thats just the way us irish act.

GweylTah

As an Irish citizen myself, what was all that about Bradford and Oldham about Bally-man?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: GweylTah on August 03, 2007, 08:59:06 PM
As an Irish citizen myself, what was all that about Bradford and Oldham about Bally-man?

As an British citizen which im sure you are you should be concerned with SOME of your fellow british citizens treatment of foreign nationals and those whom are descended from Foreign nationals in places like Bradford and Oldham and other cities in the North East of England

As an Irish Citizen you should be proud  of the way that the vast majority of irish citizens on the island of Ireland have welcomed foreign nationals to these shores .

Understand now dear?

GweylTah

All I hear are complaints about foreign nationals taking jobs, drinking and driving (though rural pubs in Ireland campiagn against anti-drinking and driving) and that there too many of them in Ireland, in spite of the fact that Ireland benefitted from foreign riches as part of the British Empire and later the world in general opened welcoming arms to our own emigrants.

How soon we forget.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: GweylTah on August 03, 2007, 10:57:58 PM
All I hear are complaints about foreign nationals taking jobs, drinking and driving (though rural pubs in Ireland campiagn against anti-drinking and driving) and that there too many of them in Ireland, in spite of the fact that Ireland benefitted from foreign riches as part of the British Empire and later the world in general opened welcoming arms to our own emigrants.

How soon we forget.

the world welcomed us with open arms,Give me a break FFS

Two Countries were most of our emigrants went to

The United States

our emigrants were treated like shite in the US,We were alongside the Black and Italian communities at the lowest level of soceity.This was due to the anti-Catholicism of the Protestant majority settlers.It was only through hard work that the Irish became successful and tolerated in the US.
Nobody came to their aid.

Britain

Welcomed with open arms?
The Paddies were hated by the native brits for taking all the low paid jobs.
Even better,was the treatment of the Irish during the IRA terror campaign,it was as if every Irish person was an IRA gunman.
Ross McWhirther and other influential people wanting to effectively intern the entire Irish Community.

But sure in your world
a few idiots on Joe Duffy complaining about Foreigners taking jobs and drinking and driving and playing loud music in the middle of the night is us giving "Foreign Nationals a hard time here".
ive news for you,They love it here.Theres a reason Ireland is known as the land of a thousand welcomes.

i await the typical insult ridden post as a response,telling me to get "laid" or something.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GweylTah on August 03, 2007, 10:57:58 PM

How soon we forget.

All part of the debate that takes place in every nation that takes in a huge amount of immigrants in a short space of time and all fine and healthy as long as both points of view are debated and considered and it's left at that.

Yet for all this debate there have never been any race riots or mass organised harrassment and attacks of immigrants that have been prevalent in many other countries not to mention most recently and almost exclusively in Loyalist parts of the north.

Funny that.

nifan

GweylTach, with all due respect what are you blathering on about

"drinking and driving"

this is a massive problem amongst imigrants - 12% of those caught in NI are foreign immigrants out of a population of less than 1% (i believe these where the figures)
why shouldnt people talk about this.

you do more damage than good with your twisting

GweylTah

Those were NI figures got by the BBC last week, not the Republic, isn't that right?  The big problem in the South isn't with immigants, but with rural pubs, rural publicans and rural drinkers who feel it is their right to drink and drive, it's well known and indeed the continual opposition to stricter drinking and driving laws and Garda powers on the subject is well-known, that isn't twisting anything, though we are all going well off the original subject.

nifan

Yes - i said they where the ni figures in my pot - im sure they will be discussed as well in the bars of NI.

there are huge problems with immigrant drink driving in the ROI also - check out the number involved in accidents. It is a major part of the problem there.
Do you think the same immigrants dont drink drive once they hit the border?

As for rural publicans - there arent any in the north either?

Your obviously trying to portray those in the ROI as racists, and there are many - ive seen plenty of racism there, but are they any worse than our own?
Get off that high horse once in a while

GweylTah

There have been long-established pressure groups in the South from rural communities, including publicans and indeed even politicians, opposing strict policing of drinking and driving laws because they could undermine rural social life, etc. I'm not aware of any of this in the North. Are you?

I don't think I'm on any high-horse appreciate your counsel.

Awec

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 02, 2007, 12:43:25 PM
My nephew has confessed to this, he said he did it because the new kit was so hard to get in Newry and as Windsor is such a welcoming place he felt he wouldnt look right without the proper kit. He is currently learning the words of the billy boys and other such fine songs. He is turning his back on the GAA as he prefers the multicultural IFA. He is against The Maze and Gweyltah is his hero.

Apologies for replying to this so far on in the thread, but if you are implying that the billy boys or other sectarian shite is sung at Northern Ireland matches then you are very much mistaken. I just feel I should point this out before you make other uneducated allegations and look like a bigger fool. :)

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 04, 2007, 09:15:27 PM
Ahh Fcuk Off, you`ll be telling us that they dont sing GSTQ next or wave sectarian rags.
And next time use your own name  ;)

What 'sectarian rags' are waved at WP? I've been going for 30 odd years and have never once seen any sort of sectarian emblem displayed but I'm sure you'll know better.

Awec

Ahh Fcuk Off, you`ll be telling us that they dont sing GSTQ next or wave sectarian rags.

So we are sectarian for singing GTSQ?  :o

I've never seen a sectarian flag at windsor, only green and white ones or the northern ireland flag. ???

stew

Quote from: Awec on August 05, 2007, 12:56:39 PM

So we are sectarian for singing GTSQ?  :o

I've never seen a sectarian flag at windsor, only green and white ones or the northern ireland flag. ???

I have been there and seen plenty of sectarian flegs. I have stood in the stands and listened to the filth coming out of the mouths of hundreds of 'fans' and I saw a former manager in his last game show himself up for what he was by inciting the scum element among owc supporters when they played the republic in wp.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

MW

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 02, 2007, 04:52:10 PM
MW, FFS call a spade a spade. By NI fans you mean Protestants.

No, by NI fans I mean NI fans. If I meant Protestants, I'd say Protestants. It's really quite simple.
Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 03, 2007, 11:16:15 AMAlso the flags and emblems used at these games are not what we associate ourselves with.

Celtic cross, shamrocks, emerald green included?

Yes, you may know the odd taig who goes to a game, but I bet he doesnt wear his local club or county jersey under his jacket now does he?

Interesting - making some sort of point along the lines of 'proper' Catholic = wearing a GAA top? Not sure that would meet with universal agreement on here.

I, like many others on this board, do not know one single person who goes to NI games, catholic or protestant. The empty stands are testament to that fact. Meanwhile Croke Park will be full again on 2 ocassions this weekend and no one will have to worry about class, colour or creed.

Empty stands??

Once again, you've demonstrated yourself as a poorly-informed bullshit merchant with a massive prejudice. Whether its about empty stands or sectarian songs, it seems bullshitting and lying are your fallback positions.

For you information NI matches sell out to capacity, you clueless clown.

QuoteThe story about my nephew was 100% true. I dont know how many people sang the billy boys, but it was sung and as a result an impression was made on that group of young lads and it wasnt a positive one.

Strange you were able to give it some sort of attempt at quantification yesterday, and use it as 'justification' for saying the NI team is a "bigotted sectarian soccer team" ::) Reverse, reverse...