Mayo v Donegal - McHale Park - 24th Mar 2013

Started by RMDrive, March 19, 2013, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 24, 2013, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:10:44 PM
Putrid stuff.
The cynical teams like Mayo would want to start planning ahead or they'll be left behind the rest of us in 2014.

When you say us do you mean Meath?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's really funny!

I meant the aristocrats of football in general.
Ourselves and Galway for example.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:46:17 PM
Putrid stuff.
The cynical teams like Mayo would want to start planning ahead or they'll be left behind the rest of us in 2014.

That's really funny!

You have played in only one AIF this century.

Viva lá revolution aristocrats.
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Putrid stuff.

That's really funny!

The same Galway that were the first example of cynical fouling in the FRC video?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on March 24, 2013, 04:50:03 PM
Putrid stuff.

That's really funny!

You have played in only one AIF this century.

Viva lá revolution aristocrats.

And yet, in that period we've managed to win the exact same number as yourselves.

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on March 24, 2013, 04:51:38 PM
The same Galway that were the first example of cynical fouling in the FRC video?

It shows how far Meath's relevance has fallen that they didn't even make the video of cynical fouling! That must really hurt.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:52:40 PM
And yet, in that period we've managed to win the exact same number as yourselves.

You are the one calling yourselves aristocrats.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on March 24, 2013, 04:55:20 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 04:52:40 PM

You are the one calling yourselves aristocrats.

;D

Jinxy

ballinaman

Great to get the win. Listening to it through free McDonalds wifi in South Beach Miami was a strange experience!

INDIANA

Quote from: cadence on March 24, 2013, 04:23:19 PM
there was a lot of fouls given but they weren't all fouls. if a player goes to ground it doen't necessarily mean that it was a free and he gave that one all day long.

anyway, mayo will be happy with that. deserved victory.

we knew before this weekend that we've got work to do on our attacking play. have to give mayo their dues though, very good defensive display. broke our attacks and hit us on the break. midfield was also a bit of a non-contest.

it's just not happening for us atm. we can't seem to create the scoring opportunities. time and again moves broke down when hand passes didn't hit the runner. those types of passes might look easy enough but when you've got bodies moving at a rate of noughts about the place they're not that easy. it's not that our running game has shut down, it just gets us the ball up to the 50-45 and then we run out of ideas.

If ever their was an advertisement for the black card this was it. An utterly horrible game to watch permeated by everything that is bad in Gaelic Football

Jinxy

Quote from: ballinaman on March 24, 2013, 04:59:31 PM
Great to get the win. Listening to it through free McDonalds wifi in South Beach Miami was a strange experience!

You lucky swine.....

I'd love a big mac.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on March 24, 2013, 05:02:47 PM

You lucky swine.....

I'd love a big mac.

There you go Sir. Would like to super-size that?
MWWSI 2017

RMDrive

An extremely disappointing performance from Donegal - as bad as I've seen under Jim. We look like a team waiting for something to happen and today we looked completely uninterested. Our passing one we got over the half way line was terrible and we gifted the ball to Mayo so many times. We were poor in the tackle and gave away far too many scorable frees. I can't think of any positive that we can take from the game.

From Mayo's perspective, Moran had a cracking game and the tacking by the backs was excellent. Though they looked a bit clueless up front though and they should really have won the game by more.

I'd say it'll take me till Wednesday to get warm again.

cadence

no need for that.

Denn Forever

Hard luck Donegal.  I was hoping they would come back when Mayo seemed to try and run the clock down with 10 minutes to go. 

Are we looking at football in the future now that indepentent time of the game is coming in?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...