Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2023, 09:57:16 PM
How was that not a penalty?
The premiership equivalent of Rangers with decisions

Mourne Red

United back paying Refs again.. How that wasn't a pen I don't know

Nanderson

Quote from: Mourne Red on August 14, 2023, 09:58:23 PM
United back paying Refs again.. How that wasn't a pen I don't know
VAR said it wasn't a clear and obvious error from referee to change his on field decision. No idea how they came to that assumption. Goalkeepers, especially for the size of them, get far too much protection

Milltown Row2

Sure these things even themselves out over the course of the season ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Three points and clean sheet that's an improvement on two the last three seasons opening games when lost at home to Palace and Brighton and conceded 5 goals.

United's performance very poor and had toothless Wolves to thank for keeping a clean sheet and another ref or VAR might have given Wolves a penalty in added time but knowing Wolves strike rate on the night they probably would have missed it.

clarshack

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2023, 09:58:17 PM
The premiership equivalent of Rangers with decisions

They definitely are.

Wolves were the better team and should have been out of sight before Utd scored.

Dag Dog

Don't think it was a pen. These sort of accidental collisions happen all the time.

Gold

Beyond belief,  even for Old Trafford
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Capt Pat

Even Gary Neville said it was a penalty. Obviously he was right. Onana jumped into and wrapped his arms around the Wolves player bringing him down. He was nowhere near the ball, a clear and obvious error by the ref.

Milltown Row2

Only giving the lad a hug, just got tangled up ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Didn't see the Onana incident  but  the radio  men said s penalty all day long

Funny thing , the  Dunk penalty  against Brighton that was given  shouldn't have been. Seen about 4 or 5 others this weekend that  should have been given, and wasn't 

snoopdog

It was a pen from what I seen. Utd got very lucky last night. A better team would've hammerred them. 3 points in the bag a lot of work to do for spurs on sat. Mount and casemiro were very poor last night. Garnacho not yet a starter. 

NAG1

Good to get off the line with a win but no doubt they rode their luck.

Definitely seem off the pace fitness wise, don't think I've ever seen them turn the ball over as easily and frequently in one single game. Against a team with a proper striker it would definitely have been a different result.

Very much like the Liverpool Chelsea game Sunday, the lack of defensive midfielders was glaring. Casimero as good as he was last season won't be able to play DMF on his on and it showed last night. Problem with that is that it will affect the dynamic of the team having to play 2 holding mid fielders.

Be interesting to see if there is any more activity in this window, I would imagine if they can get Maguire out they may go back out but looks like McTominay may have to fill the gap for another season.

trailer

Quote from: snoopdog on August 15, 2023, 09:00:58 AM
It was a pen from what I seen. Utd got very lucky last night. A better team would've hammerred them. 3 points in the bag a lot of work to do for spurs on sat. Mount and casemiro were very poor last night. Garnacho not yet a starter.

Garnacho lost the ball over and over again. Took the wrong option too many times. Lots to learn.
Agree on Casemiro and Mount.
Thought Fernandes had a shocker as well.

EtH has his work cut out.

statto

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2023, 09:13:47 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 15, 2023, 09:00:58 AM

Garnacho lost the ball over and over again. Took the wrong option too many times. Lots to learn.
Agree on Casemiro and Mount.
Thought Fernandes had a shocker as well.

EtH has his work cut out.

To be fair to Fernandes he showed the only bit of quality from United in the game with the pass to AWB resulting in the goal. 

Sancho looked the best of the wide players United had and that is a bad position to be in.