Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

I thought Dunkirk was excellent!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 02, 2017, 10:11:32 PM
I'm going to watch it again to see if my opinion changes. I fell asleep for a bit so that didn't help.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 02, 2017, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 02, 2017, 10:11:32 PM
I'm going to watch it again to see if my opinion changes. I fell asleep for a bit so that didn't help.

The French locals giving off about how they've be written out of the history of Dunkirk
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Apparently there was a hundred or so Indian soldiers on that beach too. There's an interesting story there, probably worth a film of its own.

Gold

Great story in the Belfast Telegraph yesterday about 2 men one from Andersonstown and one from the Shankill keeping each others heads out of the water before being rescued at Dunkirk by  a wee boat
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Ethan Tremblay

Watched IT at the weekend.  Reminded me of the Goonies a lot.  Really funny and not so much a horror film.  9/10 easy. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

trileacman

I tried watching the old blade runner but it was very slow couldn't get through it. Any chance I'd like the new one?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: trileacman on October 08, 2017, 10:23:42 PM
I tried watching the old blade runner but it was very slow couldn't get through it. Any chance I'd like the new one?
There is no doubt it's not for everyone which is indicated by poor box office despite having very good critical reviews. I think 2049 is easier to watch. Give it a lash.

Capt Pat

Quote from: trileacman on October 08, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

Similar faiings I'm afraid too long and slow.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on September 12, 2017, 09:54:47 AM
Watched IT at the weekend.  Reminded me of the Goonies a lot.  Really funny and not so much a horror film.  9/10 easy.

Preferred the original, had my head wrecked as a young lad - think I seen it when I was 10 or so. But the remake is still decent, definitely watchable.

Seen American Made with Tom Cruise recently, it was a decent show. Some carry on went on back in those days.

ballinaman

Wind River is worth a watch. 7/10

Frank_The_Tank

Watched The Maze the other day - good show.  Tom Vaughan Lawlor is a brilliant Actor - hard not to think of him as Nidgey right enough.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Eamonnca1

Saw Blade Runner 2049 last night. My God what a masterpiece. Every bit as good as the final cut of the original version and maybe even surpasses it. I have a good mind to go back and watch it a second time. Saw in in IMAX 2D and I'm glad I did because it's utterly stunning to look at. And the music! The visuals. The story. The acting. So much Oscar-worthy material in there it's unbelievable.