aye c'dun some spot if ur a goat, on the edge of a cliff
they dont use a lawnmower, they just let 2 a local farmer

slim its not even called reserve championship

it gets called a reserve fuckin competition
how insultin is that

competition - thats somethin on the tv when the answers that obvious
u dont even bother enterin it.

thats somethin u had when u were a wane at school to
c who cud pee the highest up the wall, i always laughed when i heard of one fella
who thought he was great he cud hit the roof, he was great all rite until he realise what goes
up must come down, fuckin pisshead!!

anyhow doesnt matter what its called its there to be won
maybe next year sometime!!

gallsman

Locky McCurdy still plays? Find yourselves some body armour lads!

SlimShady

Locky's alright, honest player. He'll hit you if ye deserve it! wouldnt be long in having a pint with you after the game, regardless of the outcome.

culchy1

body armour

u mean like those white things yous st galls pansies
wore last year

or do u mean the medievil type

gallsman

Yes, because insulation shirts are known for their heavy padding. Eejit.

culchy1

och c'mon boys can ye not take a wee joke
wheres ur sense of humours, sake!

i wud well believe that the doc cuts the grass in c'dun
hes a good fella, give him a chance its only his first year in charge
rome wasnt built in a day,
if we can improve a bit every year, then we will eventually get there
look at the bigger picture dont be so narrow minded!

also gallsman,heres me, bein fray the sticks we're used to the cold weather
we dont need any fibre glass-wiry wool jumpers to keep us warm.
i hear o'neills r for bringin out a special edition of sportsmans tights!
they'll be made from cotton wool, aye catch ursel on!!

becks

id like to know how stinsons and moneyglass are going to play twice on sun like the fixtures suggest. 12.30 in toome in the minor league final and then at 2.00 in aldergrove in the laverty cup semi final!  Dont think its gona happen.
PG1 ultras, ride or die

dec

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6170631.stm

Antrim hurlers train in Ballymena
Ballymena Rugby Club opened its training facilities to the Antrim hurlers on Sunday in an historic move.

Prior to Sunday, hurling had never been played on any of the Eaton Park pitches in the predominantly Protestant town.

Antrim hurling joint-manager Terence McNaughton described the training venue as "perfect for us" given that so many of the squad hail from north Antrim.

Ballymena chairman Rab Brady spoke of his club's desire to "develop a good working relationship with the hurlers".

"Hopefully they can use the fabulous facilities that we have here," he said.

"We are not concerned with religion here or any aspect of that but just glad to see other sports organisations use the facilities."

The club's premises have hosted soccer and cricket, as well as rugby down through the years.

Invariably, Antrim hurlers have trained in West Belfast down through the years and the county board is now hoping that Jody Gormley's Saffron football squad will also be able to avail of Ballymena's facilities during the course of this winter.

Antrim hurling bosses McNaughton and Dominic McKinley had no hesitation in heading for Ballymena.

"When you train at 10 o'clock or a Sunday morning, you don't want to be dragging guys from the far ends of north Antrim to Belfast," said McNaughton.

Antrim GAA chairman John McSparran said that the hurlers were "delighted" by the decision to train in Ballymena.

"I noticed one of the things they said this morning was:'My God...dressing-rooms with heat in them'. That was a novelty for them," added the Antrim official.

"I haven't heard one dissenting voice. And if you know the position in Antrim where we are lacking facilities, anybody who would be critical of this, is way wide of the mark."

reiteoir

Fair play to BRFC, thats thr=e way things should be. Hopefully, one or two of their lads will take up Gaelic games.

The only thing that worries me is that as its Ballymena men providing these facilities, are much are they looking? ;)

Great Leap Forward

It is a fantastic gesture by Ballymena and should be applauded.

I hope they don't find themselves victims of vandalism or some other form of retribution from local arseholes who will will judge their actions as licking up to the fenians.

an caman

taken form antrim website

U19 Hurling  11 December 2006 
The U 19 hurlers played their match on Saturday at Larne as planned .Although it was very cold and there had been some rain the pitch was in good condition, both teams started off intent on winning this game. With a strong breeze which favoured the Waterford team in the first half , the Antrim defence had to work hard to keep the scores down, Chris O'Connell was in nets with Neal Mc Auley at full back, other defenders were Randall McDonnell, Barry Mc Fall

The Antrim midfield were closing down their opponents quickly to help out their defence and Simon Mc Crory was supplying the Antrim forward line with plenty of chances . Paddy Doherty got the first goal for Antrim with Paul Shields and Cormac Donnelly getting points on the board also, before Paul Shields got the second goal for Antrim The score at half time was Antrim 2.3 v 2.7 Waterford,

With the wind at their backs Antrim quickly set about taking their points and drawing level and then to add a further 10 points to leave the score at the end

Antrim 2.17 v Waterford 2.9 .Other scorers on the day were Eddie Mc Closkey and Colm Duffin

All members of the panel took part in the match.Thanks to Latharna og for their reception on the day and to Mrs Anne Mc Caughan for the tea for every one . Thanks also to Tommy Mc Intyre for refereeing

After the match both teams attended a reception hosted by the Mayor Larne , Mr Danny 'O, Connor in the council offices , The Mayor welcomed everyone and made a presentation to both teams . County sec, Jim Murray thanked the players, host club Latharna Og and the Mayor

An encouraging result. like the idea of an under 19 team. will allow alot of the fellas from the last two years minor teams to continue playing together. Also a good result for the jordanstown hurlers in the div 2 hurling league final. they would have alot of antrim lads playing.

slow corner back

WELL DONE TO THE u-19S. iT IS OBVIOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY HOW STRONG WATERFORD WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF dECEMBER BUT ENCOURAGING NONE THE LESS. ON A DIFFERENT POINT I HAVE NEVR BEEN TO LARNES NEW PITCH, WHATS THE SET UP LIKE THERE, JUST CURIOUS.

Guillem2

Good work by Woody & Sambo sorting out Ballymena. Maybe signs of a more professional approach to training the county team.
The Larne pitch is in the middle of nowhere over-looking the town. It's a good, full size, pitch, wiith catching nets etc. The changing rooms are a port-a-cabin but they have showers that work and have hot water. Well done to all concerned in developing a fine facility in such a hostile environment.
On another ponit, I've heard that Bredagh hurlers want to join the Antrim league next year. Will they be accepted? I don't see any problem, certainly not with travel. The more teams the better IMO.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

culchy1

has anyone heard when the reserve competition final is or where it is?
is it this side o christmas.

seen a couple o ropey fotas in the local press around b'mena of cargins
anual dinner.
young kevin o'boyle got their senior player of the year.
didnt see much of him this year but he must be a real talent if hes gettin awards like that!

SlimShady

Kevin thoroughly deserved that award, a class act all year and consistent throughout.

u need to watch yer back culchy, i was talking to a lad on Saturday evening who was enquiring who you and jj were.

ropey pics me hole, there'll be some papers sold this week- all scrubbed up and lookin well!!  :P