Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

It's 1A & 1B in 2025, (6 teams each) that will be determined where you finish this year. So you are right, no league relegation as such this year. And we are never going to be high enough this year to qualify for 1A next year.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2024, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on January 16, 2024, 10:46:49 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 14, 2024, 08:42:25 PMThe ones I know for definite are Ryan Elliott, Joe Maskey, Keelan Molloy and Eoin O'Neill. Add Neil to that and it's a big loss. Hopefully, the other ones mentioned here just have wee niggles and will be back for the league as that's a big lot of lads to do without.

I thought Seaan and Nigel were heading away as well.

Might be wrong about Seaan but pretty sure I read that Nigel is definitely travelling again.

I was basing it on an article from November which does mention Seaan too but missed him in my post.

Seems Nigel gone too according to multiple posters.

Need to try to survive this year while bedding in a few new ones. That's close to half a team and nearly all starters too.

So what way will the NHL be run this year? I don't think there is relegation as such.. Winning one game to stay in LMcC will be the objective and trying to unearth some new talent

Top 3 in 1a and 1b will form 1a in 2025 along with the winner of a playoff between the two 4th place teams.

Loser of that playoff will join the other div 1 teams and 2 from div 2 in 1b for next year.

If we had everyone available I'd probably target making that 4th place match up by beating Westmeath and Dublin but can't see us beating Dublin now so probably going to be 1b.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 16, 2024, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2024, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 14, 2024, 08:42:25 PMThe ones I know for definite are Ryan Elliott, Joe Maskey, Keelan Molloy and Eoin O'Neill. Add Neil to that and it's a big loss. Hopefully, the other ones mentioned here just have wee niggles and will be back for the league as that's a big lot of lads to do without.

Might be wrong about Seaan but pretty sure I read that Nigel is definitely travelling again.

I was basing it on an article from November which does mention Seaan too but missed him in my post.

Need to try to survive this year while bedding in a few new ones. That's close to half a team and nearly all starters too.

So what way will the NHL be run this year? I don't think there is relegation as such.. Winning one game to stay in LMcC will be the objective and trying to unearth some new talent

Top 3 in 1a and 1b will form 1a in 2025 along with the winner of a playoff between the two 4th place teams.

Loser of that playoff will join the other div 1 teams and 2 from div 2 in 1b for next year.

If we had everyone available I'd probably target making that 4th place match up by beating Westmeath and Dublin but can't see us beating Dublin now so probably going to be 1b.

Which will be our level and very competitive to, its all fine and dandy having a status of being in Div1 A but getting hammered weekly isn't going to improve us either too much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

1b is where we're at if that's how it goes and if we get players back hopefully be mid table and push for higher up but if we don't get players back then probably be a few relegation fights.

johnnycool

We'd three senior hurlers take off to Australia "for the year" and they still haven't returned and that's 5 years later.

NorthAntrim

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 16, 2024, 12:29:43 PMChampionship a good while away though.

If youre gone for work be doubtful to be back and less likely to be back early if away with the woman. Keelan and Seann maybe get a few months wrecking done and come home. Youve some decent young dunloy talent in Daire McMullan and the young All Saints lad but will be lacking scorers

Kidder81

I hope we got the Fibrus sponsorship money up front  :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 20, 2024, 07:57:40 PMI hope we got the Fibrus sponsorship money up front  :o

The company has done what they can do and that part of the job is completed

I'm not sure the company has finished  what comes next?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The company isn't finished though so don't see why they are going through should cause an issue with sponsorship?

NorthAntrim

Any injury update on ciaran clarke? will he feature in the league at all? Can Rian McMullan cement a starting place? Heard Joe McLaughlin was added to the panel any truth?

general_lee

How's Christy McNaughton able to play for Derry hurlers?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on January 24, 2024, 07:33:11 PMHow's Christy McNaughton able to play for Derry hurlers?

Thought this was common enough

imtommygunn

Do you not need some link or is this because there are different rules in hurling?

I think he could be a big success for then.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2024, 08:44:19 AMDo you not need some link or is this because there are different rules in hurling?

I think he could be a big success for then.

Pretty sure so called 'weaker' counties are allowed sanctions, not too sure what the rules are for it. but remember reading bout it few years ago.

imtommygunn

Yeah was wondering was it that.