Wine

Started by isourboydownyet, November 01, 2010, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isourboydownyet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 01, 2010, 04:25:17 PM
[quote author=isourboydownyet link=topic=17782.msg874384#msg874384 am i right in thinking this is the same region as chateauneuf du pape? (forgive my spelling)
i got a wine from asda recently that was next door to the above vineyard and was very good just canr remeber the name
corbieres possibly?
[/quote]

ah jesus thats it,god your good lb,i knew you had a hidden talent :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: isourboydownyet on November 01, 2010, 04:26:45 PM
[quote author=isourboydownyet link=topic=17782.msg874384#msg874384 am i right in thinking this is the same region as chateauneuf du pape? (forgive my spelling)
i got a wine from asda recently that was next door to the above vineyard and was very good just canr remeber the name
corbieres possibly?

[/quote]
that I was boderline alcoholic isnt much of a talent- also kind of heriditary ..if you ask about the town !!

Billys Boots

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 01, 2010, 04:31:03 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on November 01, 2010, 04:26:45 PM
corbieres possibly?

that I was boderline alcoholic isnt much of a talent- also kind of heriditary ..if you ask about the town !![/quote]

Try Crozes Hermitage too (from Rhone region) - Sainsburys and Asda do good versions for about £6.  If you have the cash (£15-20), go for the Hermitage occasionally.  A mate of mine likes Gigondas too; I find it to be a bit sugary and expensive (for what you get). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I like the Campo Viejo Reserva (Silver label). I think it's a lovely Spanish red.

Billys Boots

Quotedefo have to get on to you about the boat to france and where you go for the vino. Its a holiday I'm looking forward to having and the wife is dreading !!

I go to the Vendee, halfway down the west coast - the wine sales are usually on at Halloween, so it's handy for the kids off school.  I think the wine sales in Brittany are in September, if you want a cheap holiday (but the weather's invariably shite).  As a claret enthusiast, you should be thinking about the Bordeaux region - Ryanair fly to several place close by (but you woult be able to bring any home).  It's an 8hr drive from Roscoff/Cherbourg though.  A flight to La Rochelle will take you the Charente-Maritime département, which is about an hour north of Cognac region - might be a good compromise.  Depends really on what her indoors likes, to keep her sweet. :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Puckoon

Been drinking a few of these recently:

Nice smokey fruity blanc from Napa

Great Cabernet

Cracking Beaujolais from Louis J'adot.

ONeill

As long as it's 13% and under £7, any white at all.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2010, 04:12:17 PM
Detest the taste of wine, dunno how people drink the stuff.

Next time you have to bring a bottle, get some Wolf Blas yellow label and check it out.  If you hate it, at least you've tried and everyone else will enjoy it.

Its not Monty Python buth sketch is the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4GvN4wGUZI
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2010, 05:27:04 PM
As long as it's 13% and under £7, any white at all.
Same with me only red
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

beer baron

Quote from: Banana Man on November 01, 2010, 03:59:22 PM
Buckfast. Case closed.

Oh yes.The bottle of bad manners is some stuff!

Puckoon

The Real Laoislad

I hate wine snobs who only drink certain wine with certain food and all that shite.

I like Pinot Grigio I don't care what brand and I get a fine one in Lidl for 4.99.
I couldn't give a shite about smelling it or swirling it in your gob before hand,its all a load of bollix,just drink the f**king thing.

I also like White Zinfadel
I usually get either Blossom Hill,Bend in the River,Barefoot or Sutter Home.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Denn Forever

But always take a sip at the restaurant before the waiter leaves. 

Nothing worse than a corked red. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

gawa316

Quote from: Puckoon on November 01, 2010, 06:21:06 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 01, 2010, 05:32:54 PM
Two buck chuck leads the way for discounted 'decent' wine.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/02/eveningnews/main556620.shtml

Tis a great cheap bottle of plonk for sure.

I've had that stuff, and although I'm no expert I thought it was quite nice.

Some of the smaller vineyards in California (Paso Robles) does lovely wine, especially Tobin James