Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

I'll trust Gilroy to make the right decisions based on the opposition and the form in the inter squad games.......Quite happy for the same team to start with Philly, Conlon, Ross, Eamon, McMenamon, O'Gara etc all being fully fit and flying on the bench for the next day

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on August 08, 2011, 01:03:00 PM
Not saying McCarthy has done anything wrong, he's doing reasonably well. Does make the odd mistake though, and I think McMahon might do better.

I like Fitzsimons, slow enough start to the year but going well enough at the moment.

Mc Mahon isnt really a half back. Plays his club football at 3. Big difference between the two positions in my view.

liihb

Don't think McMahon is as good a defender as the rest and would have Conlon there ahead of him for the FB line, and think there are a few ahead of him for the HB line. Lucky man to get an All Star GPA Team award  ;) last year if you ask me.

Regarding the game, it will be some tactical battle, but I think that the Dubs have more firepower up front, with the 2 Brogans and Connolly. Donegal rely a bit more heavily on Michael Murphy for the scoring, and McFadden seems to have peaked earlier in the year.

Dubs by 2/3
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Canalman

Philly didn't get an Allstar last year .

ck

Donegal are underdogs AGAIN?! Can no-one see what is happening here? The whole country is underestimating them, even the bookies. ..and they continue to "surprise" everyone when they win. I think the Dublin management team will analyse Donegal to the hilt and will adapt accordingly. If they play the same way as they did against Tyrone they will loose to Donegal.

Jinxy

So you think Donegal should be the favourites?
On what grounds?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Maurice Deegan will be the man in the middle for this game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Good night Donegal so .. Deegan is a Big County can do no wrong ref. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

borderfox

If Dublin can get a big lead built up early on (5 or 6 points) and force Donegal to chase the game then Dublin will pick Donegal off and win handy enough I think.
On the other hand if Donegal can stifle the Dubs and stay within reach with 15 minutes to go, who knows they might edge it.

Prediction  Dublin by 6.   
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

imtommygunn

I just have this sneaky feeling Donegal will win this and I don't know why. I think Dublin are a better team but I just think that Dublin may get frustrated and not know how to break them down.

Don't mind either way but just have a sneaky feeling donegal will edge it.

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Didn't Deegan award 'that' penalty to Murphy in the Ulster Final

squire_in_navy_slacks

He gave cork everything on the line last year..............................gave donegal everything against derry this year, not so sure

J70

Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2011, 10:21:31 PM

Didn't Deegan award 'that' penalty to Murphy in the Ulster Final

Correctly so.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bump!

Hope the respective teams' attacks aren't as seemingly reticent as the posters on this board!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...