heffo

tbrick18

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2011, 12:18:23 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 09, 2011, 10:21:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2011, 08:29:15 PM
Good night Donegal so .. Deegan is a Big County can do no wrong ref. >:(

Didn't Deegan award 'that' penalty to Murphy in the Ulster Final

Correctly so.

Debatable to say the least! Very harsh penalty....he also didnt dish out the yellows for persistant fouling, but in saying that not too many of the refrees do. He also didnt award Derry a clearer cut penalty than the one he awarded Donegal.
I think Donegal will be happy with Deegan as ref.

I think Donegal have a real chance of winning this game. Dublin wont get anywhere near the same space they did against Tyrone and  the forwards will have their work cut out to get any scores. It all depends on how Dublin react to this frustration. They wont be any fitter than Donegal that's for sure and the workrate of both teams are on a par. I just have a feeling Donegal will win this...they had a bit to improve on from their win over Kildare (particularly the full forward line which I felt played much better in the Ulster final than against Kildare) whereas Dublin will look at the Tyrone game and will realise they didnt really have any sort of test to build on.
I can see Donegal winning this by 3-4 points.
I wouldnt mind either of the 2 winning the AI in saying that.....

RMDrive

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 12, 2011, 09:27:42 AM

Correctly so.

Debatable to say the least! Very harsh penalty....he also didnt dish out the yellows for persistant fouling, but in saying that not too many of the refrees do. He also didnt award Derry a clearer cut penalty than the one he awarded Donegal.

I think Donegal have a real chance of winning this game. Dublin wont get anywhere near the same space they did against Tyrone and  the forwards will have their work cut out to get any scores. It all depends on how Dublin react to this frustration. They wont be any fitter than Donegal that's for sure and the workrate of both teams are on a par. I just have a feeling Donegal will win this...they had a bit to improve on from their win over Kildare (particularly the full forward line which I felt played much better in the Ulster final than against Kildare) whereas Dublin will look at the Tyrone game and will realise they didnt really have any sort of test to build on.

If you are going to talk about the ifs buts and maybes of the Ulster final then don't forget the Derry man who should have been sent off for elbowing McBrearty.

Dublin will choke the life out of our FF line and Murph can expect to have 2-3 defenders on him every time the ball comes his way. It will be up to our HF/HB lines to take our scores and unfortunately we do not have the men to do that. The defences will cancel each other out and Dublin's more potent attack will see them over the line by 4-5 points.

DUBSFORSAM1

Correctly so.

Dublin and Donegal have both played Kildare and Tyrone and Dublin have done an awful lot better against Tyrone and also against Kildare even with 14 men....and now that the injured guys like O'Gara, McMahon, Fennell, McConnell, MDMA, O'Sullivan are back fit again you think we'll be weaker...

donegal lad

Quote from: RMDrive on August 12, 2011, 10:55:59 AM

Correctly so.

If you are going to talk about the ifs buts and maybes of the Ulster final then don't forget the Derry man who should have been sent off for elbowing McBrearty.

Dublin will choke the life out of our FF line and Murph can expect to have 2-3 defenders on him every time the ball comes his way. It will be up to our HF/HB lines to take our scores and unfortunately we do not have the men to do that. The defences will cancel each other out and Dublin's more potent attack will see them over the line by 4-5 points.
i dont think dublin will put 2 or 3 men on murphy from the start rory ocaroll will mark him and after the job he did on him in last years u21 ai final i think gilroy might just him to mark murphy on his own and if this happens think it could be a mistake because i would think murphy will be out to prove a point after last years final and that penalty miss

Farrandeelin

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2011, 05:15:27 PM
Donegal will be raging favourites, league champs, ulster champs and have serious momentum now...........................snuffed out serious all ireland contenders kildare with a half fit murphy and off form mcfadden..................

Donegal were the league champions in 2007.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 12, 2011, 01:48:01 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2011, 05:15:27 PM
Donegal will be raging favourites, league champs, ulster champs and have serious momentum now...........................snuffed out serious all ireland contenders kildare with a half fit murphy and off form mcfadden..................

Donegal were the league champions in 2007.

They were also league champions in 2011.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Any news coming out of the donegal camp................ injuries etc

raff

Spent an enjoyable weekend in Donegal and Stayed in the Redcastle Hotel. Donegal team were there also. Wanted to see Dublin win next weekend but my attitude has changed now. Real decent bunch of lads. Got chatting to a few of them in the pool area this morning and they were all very chatty (most of them tipped Mayo today!!). Expect to see Heagarty dropped as he was down late for breakfast!!

J70

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 21, 2011, 09:25:49 PM
Any news coming out of the donegal camp................ injuries etc

Michael Hegarty has been carrying a knock since the Kildare match, but is expected to be fit. Think the only other concern is Murphy and his hamstring from before the Kildare game, but he's expected to be fit enough to line out too.

screenexile

Quote from: RMDrive on August 12, 2011, 10:55:59 AM

Correctly so.

Bullshit! He didn't elbow McBrearty he lay down like a calf because he got roasted.

On the game this weekend I just have a feeling Donegal will win this one. Dublins performance against Tyrone is once in a lifetime stuff plus Tyrone were godawful. They also haven't been met with Donegals intensity yet and I have a sneaky suspicion they will revert to type and wilt when it matters.

Having said that there is a chance Dublin will click again and blow Donegal out of the water. Dublins forwards are better than Donegals but something is just telling me that Donegal will crawl over the line on this one.

J OGorman

fast forward to Sunday evening when Donegal have out fought and beaten Dublin to reach the AI Final in a fairly low scoring s/f...the amount of folk on here (the vast majority from outside Dublin it must be said) who think the Dubs are a shoe in for the final is incredible. Will ye's ever learn? DUBLIN SEMI-FINAL SPEED WOBBLE SENSATION, read all about it

Donegal will win by a point or 2.

heffo

Quote from: J OGorman on August 22, 2011, 10:35:38 AM
fast forward to Sunday evening when Donegal have out fought and beaten Dublin to reach the AI Final in a fairly low scoring s/f...the amount of folk on here (the vast majority from outside Dublin it must be said) who think the Dubs are a shoe in for the final is incredible. Will ye's ever learn? DUBLIN SEMI-FINAL SPEED WOBBLE SENSATION, read all about it

If you actually read the thread you'll find most posters have backed Donegal.

J OGorman

Quote from: heffo on August 22, 2011, 10:44:43 AM

most Dubs are backing Donegal you mean

J OGorman

Quote from: heffo on August 22, 2011, 10:44:43 AM

on this thread..(excluding Dublin / Donegal posters) 7 in favour of Dublin and 3 in favour of Donegal (one sitting on the fence).