Donegal v Dublin semi final 28-8-11

Started by Blowitupref, August 07, 2011, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

I'll have to bow to the superior knowledge of the two Derry lads about choking in big games/semi-finals - no one would know better than ye in fairness.

J OGorman

Quote from: heffo on August 22, 2011, 11:06:32 AM
I'll have to bow to the superior knowledge of the two Derry lads about choking in big games/semi-finals - no one would know better than ye in fairness.

relax yourself sir..us Derry folk have enough open wounds to last us a lifetime. I'm simply stating how I will see things playing out. If Dublin did win on Sun, I'd love to see them win it outright..spent a good few years living in the capital, good times

sheamy

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2011, 02:02:24 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 12, 2011, 01:48:01 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 07, 2011, 05:15:27 PM
Donegal will be raging favourites, league champs, ulster champs and have serious momentum now...........................snuffed out serious all ireland contenders kildare with a half fit murphy and off form mcfadden..................

Donegal were the league champions in 2007.

They were also league champions in 2011.

Behave yerself now heffo. Ye can ramp them up better that that  :)

seafoid

Donegal have some class forwards. It would be great to see Kevin Cassidy win an all-Ireland.
The Dubs are like an own brand  Kerry so they have a certain amount of consistency but in the final analysis they miss the quality and never win anything.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Donegal folk whats the buzz in the county ????? Are tickets being snapped up.........................has the bould brolly got a donegal headband yet ?

Is Jim McGuiness a threat to Galvins modelling career

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on August 22, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
Donegal have some class forwards. It would be great to see Kevin Cassidy win an all-Ireland.
The Dubs are like an own brand  Kerry so they have a certain amount of consistency but in the final analysis they miss the quality and never win anything.

That's just lazy analysis in fairness.
They have plenty of quality.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on August 22, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
Donegal have some one class forwards. It would be great to see Kevin Cassidy win an all-Ireland.

Fixed that for you there.

lynchbhoy

Ah now Heffo, yez are worse than us at choking (mostly because we dont get that far each season ).
Dont be giving Dinny ammo for the next time !!

As for next Sundays game. Two very defensive teams that get 13 men behind the ball - as most witnessed live (including myself) at the Dubs v Tyrone and Dubs v Kildare games and the Donegal v Derry  plus Donegal v Kildare games.
IMO Donegal and Dublin are similar teams playing a very similar style. Unless a bad day at the office, there wont be much in it. Mistakes and the ref will be the difference.

While I think Dublin have the better firepower, its not by much. On paper Dublins three ( 2 Brogans and Connolly) v Donegals two (Murphy and McFadden).
Murphy and McFadden have not played their best this championship yet. McBrearty a rookie who has great potential but not there yet either.

Another question, will Dublin play as well as they did last time out. IMO thats what they are capable of, but so far this season their form was way off that level of performance I didnt see it coming, not without another couple of games under their belt. So can they continue - will their confidence do that.
Donegal will look to exploit what I see are Dublins weak links in Fitzsimons - by putting the aggressive McFadden on him, and someone like Bradley or McHugh who will test the young McCarthy who is being played out of position on the wing.
Hard to call but unless Donegal get their first coice midfield back and finding form instantly, the posession Dublin most likely will wint could tip the scales in their favour.
Donegal have more scores in them from the half back line, but they will have to cut a bit looser to avail of that.
A tight game, might not be a nice one to watch, but should be enthralling. Maybe even a draw. Current form slightly favours the Dubs imo.

heffo

Dinny Breen

Heffo is just in the angry won't be appeased till Dublin claim their birth rite phase

Current Heffo

Heffo after the third Sunday in Sept..
#newbridgeornowhere

Canalman

Quote from: heffo on August 22, 2011, 04:32:20 PM
Game now sold out.

Crikey that is going to catch alot of people on the hop, esp. those who were going to ticketmaster source their tickets.

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 22, 2011, 05:18:45 PM
Heffo is just in the angry won't be appeased till Dublin claim their birth rite phase

Current Heffo

Heffo after the third Sunday in Sept..

I like it Dinny, don't think I'll be celebrating on the third Sunday, but how and ever!

lynchbhoy

holy feck Heffo, yer doing yer best 'arseboxing' copying from all the cute Kerry and cork hoorisms from down the years.
If I see yet another one of your 'ah sure we wouldnt be great at all at all, Donegal are raging hot favourites so they are' posts again I think I'll also choke - with the laughing !!
:D

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 23, 2011, 09:07:48 AM
holy feck Heffo, yer doing yer best 'arseboxing' copying from all the cute Kerry and cork hoorisms from down the years.
If I see yet another one of your 'ah sure we wouldnt be great at all at all, Donegal are raging hot favourites so they are' posts again I think I'll also choke - with the laughing !!
:D

Not at all LB - I think it's a 50/50 game Sunday.

If both teams played completely open, I'd back Dublin in a shootout.

Won't be like that at all for either team so it'll be about who reacts better, shows more patience and composure.

If Dublin were to get an early goal it could change Donegals whole game plan, but goals for both sides will be at a premium.