Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: JoG2 on September 12, 2016, 02:15:43 PM
Watched a few movies in the last couple of months:

Sing Street: excellent 8.5/10

Bourne: disappointed tbh. Decent enough action @ times, watery story line. The camera work was far too fecking jumpy (if that makes sense) 6/10

Tarzan: enjoyable 7/10

Skiptrace: Jackie Chan / Johnny Knoxsville. Passed an hour and a half. Good action and funny in parts 6.5/10

Popstar. Andy Samberg. Absolute dung. Switched off after 30 mins. 0/10

Grimsby: see above. 0/10

Bastille Day. Big Idris Elba / Robb Stark. Good action flick 7/10

Nymph0maniac 2: had a quick flick, meh  ;)

Of what?   :-X

bennydorano

See that Sing Street getting nothing but positive vibes here. Thought it was unoriginal & pish tbh.

JimStynes

Trying to get hold of the Roberto Duran Movie - Hands of Stone. If anyone finds a good stream or download let us know.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on September 17, 2016, 07:57:04 AM
Trying to get hold of the Roberto Duran Movie - Hands of Stone. If anyone finds a good stream or download let us know.

It's only just been released. You'll likely have to wait a bit for a DVD quality copy.

leenie

Watched to kill a mockingbird for the first time .. Thought it was slow to start with but v good film.

Anyone read the book at school? Why do the children call him attiticus? Was googling for answer but there's a broad variation of explanations

Watched the new Woody Allen on cafe society . It was ok, but would not have casted Kristen Stewart, lost serious weight, v gaunt looking..

Seen the trailer for passengers , looks like it could b v good..

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

laoislad

Quote from: leenie on September 21, 2016, 09:48:00 AM
Watched to kill a mockingbird for the first time .. Thought it was slow to start with but v good film.

Anyone read the book at school? Why do the children call him attiticus? Was googling for answer but there's a broad variation of explanations

Watched the new Woody Allen on cafe society . It was ok, but would not have casted Kristen Stewart, lost serious weight, v gaunt looking..

Seen the trailer for passengers , looks like it could b v good..
I did it for either my Junior Cert or Leaving Cert can't remember which. Loved the book and the film.
Must read it again actually.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leenie

Why didn't they call him father or dad etc ?

Canalman

Watched Hell or High Water at the weekend. Old fashioned character driven 1970s style bank heist movie. Enjoyed it . 8/10.

Jeff Bridges has aged something else.

muppet

Quote from: leenie on September 21, 2016, 09:48:00 AM

Ask him yourself: Atticus_Finch

Also... bit harsh calling him at-titicus.
MWWSI 2017

leenie

Lol...

Have any of you south of Ireland cinema goings seen The young offenders? Based in cork set around the time of the big cocaine haul of the coast of cork...

It's getting great reviews , unfortunately not showing in the north .. But they might be waiting to see how it does down south before redistribution

Main Street

Quote from: leenie on September 21, 2016, 10:08:28 AM
Why didn't they call him father or dad etc ?
I guess it was because Atticus was his own unique man in every aspect, not just in respect to his views on law and justice but also with parenting and possibly in a stifling environment, the first name basis was to encourage something different in the children.

manfromdelmonte

Everest - good watch. Kept me interested for the full length of it

Longshanks

Watched Hell or high water lastnight, could not reccomend it enough. Some great dialogue and Jeff Bridges on great form. Ben Foster plays the slightly crazy brother well too.

Hardy

Just watched The Siege Of Jadotville on Netflix. Highly recommended. I would be very interested in the history anyway, but this told the story very well (in a Hollywood kind of way OK) and explained the political background well too. 8/10.

manfromdelmonte