April Jones abduction

Started by Cold tea, October 03, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2012, 12:33:10 PM
People get away with child abduction, rape and murder in war. It happens on a regular basis in various parts of Africa.

Do those soldiers need castrated etc etc?

Of course they do but we can only deal with our own country, whatever one that is, there a debate on that on another thread!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

I wonder what the evidence is against this guy ? You would imagine there must be some forensics linking the child to the car.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haveaharp on October 08, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
I wonder what the evidence is against this guy ? You would imagine there must be some forensics linking the child to the car.

The kid was in his car during the week before she was abducted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2012, 02:00:54 PM

I didnt know that. If no body the case could be flimsy.

Mentalman

Quote from: haveaharp on October 08, 2012, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2012, 02:00:54 PM

I didnt know that. If no body the case could be flimsy.

Either that or they have stronger forensic evidence i.e. stronger than just proving her presence in the vehicle
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on October 08, 2012, 10:08:47 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 07, 2012, 11:37:18 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

http://www.merrionstreet.ie/index.php/2011/04/minister-shatter-releases-figures-on-cases-dealt-with-by-central-authority-for-child-abduction/

However this only covers abductions which cross international borders and includes cases which abducted children are brought into the Republic, and also carryover cases from the previous year - but generally an average of more than one case with each case having one child or more sees children abducted in Ireland and going outside the state. Interestingly the main perpetrators are one of the parents of the children involved.

It would be useful to strip those cases out for the purposes of this discussion. Tug-of-love cases are a long way removed from paedos or sex trafficking.
It would be very interesting,Deiseach. I can't see loads of kids being abducted by strangers in cavan every year. Maybe myles' kids don't like cycling. Private eye does a skit of internet discussion boards and one of the lines is 'anyone comes near my.kids and I swear I'll do time'. It is a very emotive subject but It is easy to get carried away imo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 08, 2012, 10:18:38 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

http://www.merrionstreet.ie/index.php/2011/04/minister-shatter-releases-figures-on-cases-dealt-with-by-central-authority-for-child-abduction/

However this only covers abductions which cross international borders and includes cases which abducted children are brought into the Republic, and also carryover cases from the previous year - but generally an average of more than one case with each case having one child or more sees children abducted in Ireland and going outside the state. Interestingly the main perpetrators are one of the parents of the children involved.

It would be useful to strip those cases out for the purposes of this discussion. Tug-of-love cases are a long way removed from paedos or sex trafficking.
It would be very interesting,Deiseach. I can't see loads of kids being abducted by strangers in cavan every year. Maybe myles' kids don't like cycling. Private eye does a skit of internet discussion boards and one of the lines is 'anyone comes near my.kids and I swear I'll do time'. It is a very emotive subject but It is easy to get carried away imo.

I would like to think your not making light of kids being abducted, I'd like to see the stats on kids being molested in Ireland. Be quite high

mylestheslasher

From MerrionStreet.ie

Listen seafoid. I discuss my kids, you don't is that clear. I don't live in Cavan either, I live in Sligo - understand. My eldest is 5, too young to cycle roads but thats no concern of yours.

thebigfella

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 08, 2012, 10:37:57 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

Listen seafoid. I discuss my kids, you don't is that clear. I don't live in Cavan either, I live in Sligo - understand. My eldest is 5, too young to cycle roads but thats no concern of yours.

Oh dear god, grow up for fcuk sake.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thebigfella on October 08, 2012, 10:51:54 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

When ignorant ass like you is disagreeing with me its a sure sign I'm right.

thebigfella

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 08, 2012, 11:14:12 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 08, 2012, 10:51:54 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

When ignorant ass like you is disagreeing with me its a sure sign I'm right.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm mocking you for your childish behaviour.

deiseach

Let me get this straight. No one else is allowed mention your kids. Ever. Have I got that right?

LeoMc

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2012, 09:40:12 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 07, 2012, 09:40:18 AM
Fionntamhnach - why won't you tell us if you have kids? I have two, 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old. When you have kids you look at the world differently. I suspect you have none.
Maybe he discusses his kids, you don't......

Myles, you are getting on like an awful t**t.

Class.

J OGorman

it is a very emotional subject. Myles has a couple of kids, and is coming from a place where only a father can grasp how incredible the bond is between father and child. He was asking if those debating this subject with him have any children of their own...its a valid question. I'd hazard a guess most don't. For me, my whole outlook in life changed the moment I left the labour ward for the first time.

But, lets all gang up on Myles...give him a good proper forum dust up.

Minder

Quote from: J OGorman on October 09, 2012, 11:40:01 AM
it is a very emotional subject. Myles has a couple of kids, and is coming from a place where only a father can grasp how incredible the bond is between father and child. He was asking if those debating this subject with him have any children of their own...its a valid question. I'd hazard a guess most don't. For me, my whole outlook in life changed the moment I left the labour ward for the first time.

But, lets all gang up on Myles...give him a good proper forum dust up.

Yeah thats right, I don't think anyone is turning their nose up to those that don't have children that they can't make a valid point on he subject but you do have a totally different outlook when you have kids. I know when I would have heard about stories like April Jones before I had children I would have thought "bad bastard" and not given it a second thought but now the natural reaction is "what if it happened to her/him".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"