April Jones abduction

Started by Cold tea, October 03, 2012, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 07, 2012, 10:17:21 AM
Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2012, 10:10:23 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 07, 2012, 09:40:18 AM
Fionntamhnach - why won't you tell us if you have kids? I have two, 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old. When you have kids you look at the world differently. I suspect you have none.
myles

I have kids. When they are older I will talk to them about lynching and mob violence.

That's nice. You should also explain why they can't walk the roads alone or cycle to school anymore like we all did as kids. Anyway, question wasn't directed to you.
How many kids are abducted in ireland every year?

If there is one abducted then that's plenty, how many are molested? Plenty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ludermor

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 06, 2012, 05:21:13 AM
That's not what I've read ludermor. Castration has been shown to work with very low rates for re-offending. A 1963 study in Germany of over 1,000 offenders showed a 2% re-offense rate for castrated offenders and an 80 % re-offense rate for non-castrated offenders. Apparently the body doesn't produce sex cells anymore so they'd probably lose interest in their old fantasies, giving them a shot at some sort of a decent life. No more sex, but they could still go to Croke Park and watch Joe Canning play, which is often better anyway.

I was reading also that castrated men don't suffer from male-pattern baldness and have an increased life expectancy of 14 years too. So it's not all bad.
Im going on conversations ive had with a friend who is involved treating paedophiles and some of the stories she has told me is unbelivable where the man who doesnt have the sexual urges any more still has the fantasy and uses various implements to abuse their victims.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2012, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2012, 05:49:32 PM
Fionntamhnach - why won't you tell us if you have kids? I have two, 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old. When you have kids you look at the world differently. I suspect you have none.
myles

I have kids. When they are older I will talk to them about lynching and mob violence.

That's nice. You should also explain why they can't walk the roads alone or cycle to school anymore like we all did as kids. Anyway, question wasn't directed to you.
How many kids are abducted in ireland every year?

If there is one abducted then that's plenty, how many are molested? Plenty
by strangers? Most abuse happens within the people known to or else the close family afaik. Why would this stop a child cycling to school?

Milltown Row2

Parents do feel like this, they don't wan't their kids going to school alone, be it over the fear of being abducted or whatever.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

myles

Wasn't a safer place you could say parents weren't as careful when we were kids.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 07, 2012, 10:24:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 07, 2012, 09:36:50 AMOh great. Now we have the EG style replies dissecting line by line every post.
If you're going to simply moan about me making measured replies to your posts, then there's no point in discussing the issues raised in this thread with you any further as it would be a waste of time.

What a laugh considering you spent a large proportion of one of your posts telling me that my attempts at satire were not to your liking, even referencing some guy I never heard of as evidence of this - all of which is unrelated to the topic at hand. But I suppose if you can't stand the heat...

ludermor

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 08, 2012, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: ludermor on October 07, 2012, 07:33:25 PM
That's not what I've read ludermor. Castration has been shown to work with very low rates for re-offending. A 1963 study in Germany of over 1,000 offenders showed a 2% re-offense rate for castrated offenders and an 80 % re-offense rate for non-castrated offenders. Apparently the body doesn't produce sex cells anymore so they'd probably lose interest in their old fantasies, giving them a shot at some sort of a decent life. No more sex, but they could still go to Croke Park and watch Joe Canning play, which is often better anyway.

I was reading also that castrated men don't suffer from male-pattern baldness and have an increased life expectancy of 14 years too. So it's not all bad.
Im going on conversations ive had with a friend who is involved treating paedophiles and some of the stories she has told me is unbelivable where the man who doesnt have the sexual urges any more still has the fantasy and uses various implements to abuse their victims.
It's an interesting observation - though I wonder on two issues, first is this for her a typical case or one occasional example? Secondly, such a story would be related to the reason of rape cases being committed where quite often its found that in cases where guilt is established the perpetrators motives were not about sexual gratification but showing power against their victims. Removing any sexual urges may not necessarily remove the train of thought of their fantasies. As I mentioned earlier surgical castration doesn't itself stop testosterone production in men and chemical castration only suppresses testosterone, not eliminate it's production. And it's easy to see in some boys in say Primary School, where their testosterone levels are only a fraction before the onset of puberty, are still very capable of thinking of and carrying out "bad" acts e.g. fighting with another pupil, especially if they have impressionable personalities. If you don't mind me asking is your female friend a psychologist by any chance?
She is indeed and works mainly with youth paedophoiles ( ie mainly men under 18 who have abused kids) but has experience in the whole field.

LeoMc

It's an interesting observation - though I wonder on two issues, first is this for her a typical case or one occasional example? Secondly, such a story would be related to the reason of rape cases being committed where quite often its found that in cases where guilt is established the perpetrators motives were not about sexual gratification but showing power against their victims. Removing any sexual urges may not necessarily remove the train of thought of their fantasies. As I mentioned earlier surgical castration doesn't itself stop testosterone production in men and chemical castration only suppresses testosterone, not eliminate it's production. And it's easy to see in some boys in say Primary School, where their testosterone levels are only a fraction before the onset of puberty, are still very capable of thinking of and carrying out "bad" acts e.g. fighting with another pupil, especially if they have impressionable personalities. If you don't mind me asking is your female friend a psychologist by any chance?

What about a lobotomy?

deiseach

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 07, 2012, 11:37:18 PM
From MerrionStreet.ie

http://www.merrionstreet.ie/index.php/2011/04/minister-shatter-releases-figures-on-cases-dealt-with-by-central-authority-for-child-abduction/

However this only covers abductions which cross international borders and includes cases which abducted children are brought into the Republic, and also carryover cases from the previous year - but generally an average of more than one case with each case having one child or more sees children abducted in Ireland and going outside the state. Interestingly the main perpetrators are one of the parents of the children involved.

It would be useful to strip those cases out for the purposes of this discussion. Tug-of-love cases are a long way removed from paedos or sex trafficking.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: LeoMc on October 08, 2012, 09:57:30 AM

What about a lobotomy?

What about just cutting the f**kers heads off? I think that would stop them producing testosterone.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on October 08, 2012, 10:55:54 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 08, 2012, 09:57:30 AM

What about a lobotomy?

What about just cutting the f**kers heads off? I think that would stop them producing testosterone.

Indeed it would.

I find it all very interesting. You can't execute someone in case you make a mistake and get the wrong man. But surely you "potentially" can get the wrong man and send him to life in jail and/or castrate him. I'm not sure would an innocent man thank you for sparing him his life while you put him in a sex offenders wing of prison and maybe castrate him.

deiseach

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 08, 2012, 11:35:23 AM
I find it all very interesting. You can't execute someone in case you make a mistake and get the wrong man. But surely you "potentially" can get the wrong man and send him to life in jail and/or castrate him. I'm not sure would an innocent man thank you for sparing him his life while you put him in a sex offenders wing of prison and maybe castrate him.

I once thought it would be a kindness to execute someone rather than send them to prison forever. This seems to be one of those cases where "you don't know what it's like unless you've been there" is accurate. Death Row is invariably a grim place, yet people fight tooth and nail to stay alive. And that's no less true of the guilty. Why would the innocent rather be dead when they know in their head there's a decent chance of having the conviction overturned?

Asal Mor

Quote from: deiseach on October 08, 2012, 12:04:04 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 08, 2012, 11:35:23 AM

I once thought it would be a kindness to execute someone rather than send them to prison forever. This seems to be one of those cases where "you don't know what it's like unless you've been there" is accurate. Death Row is invariably a grim place, yet people fight tooth and nail to stay alive. And that's no less true of the guilty. Why would the innocent rather be dead when they know in their head there's a decent chance of having the conviction overturned?

In most cases that's probably true but Ian Huntley and Ian Brady are two who are being kept alive against their will. The authorities have gone to huge lengths to keep them alive. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing but ideally the families of the victims should be the ones to decide.

It's often puzzled me why anyone would want to stay alive in prison on a life sentence(a real life sentence), especially sex offenders with all they have to deal with inside.

Orior

People get away with child abduction, rape and murder in war. It happens on a regular basis in various parts of Africa.

Do those soldiers need castrated etc etc?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 08, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
It's often puzzled me why anyone would want to stay alive in prison on a life sentence(a real life sentence), especially sex offenders with all they have to deal with inside.

I find it strange too, but it seems most of them want to stay alive. Maybe their best bet is some paedo-loving aliens taking over the planet. There's not much chance of that happening, but 'not much chance' is still better than the odds of it happening when you're dead.