Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Expected more from dromore!!! The tones have alot of dignity at the min... Let's hope it's rewarded!

stillsenior

Quote from: viiv on November 02, 2010, 10:28:53 PM
Saturday 6th November
Division 1 League Semi Finals

@2pm

Coalisland  v Dromore (in Coalisland)

Errigal Ciaran v Omagh (in Dunmoyle)

O'Neill's All County League Div 1 Relegation Playoff

@ 2pm 

Aghyaran v Kildress (in Aghyaran)

NB re all week end matches in the event of a draw extra time will be played.

How long have County Board known that Omagh Ladies have an All-Ireland Semi final on Saturday yet they fix  league semi finals for the same time.Why were mens game not arranged for Sunday. Is it the CCC reacting to Omagh's  appeals. If it is it it is very petty.

This is taken from Tyrone County Board Website dated 31 October:

St Endas Ladies in semi-

Omagh St Endas ladies will carry Tyrone and Ulster hopes into the all Ireland junior club football championship next weekend. The Ulster champions play Edenderry, the Offaly and Leinster champions in the all Ireland semi-final next Saturday 6th November with Healy Park the venue for this historic tie. Throw in Time is 2pm, support from throughout Tyrone would be welcomed for this exciting young team.

County board ask for support throughout the county for Omagh Ladies and then set up a fixture clash?????

MR99

With all due respect to Omagh and their ladies team (and I am a supporter of ladies football by the way), we are talking about division 3 ladies football, they are oficially the 17th best ladies team in Tyrone yet they will no doubt get huge coverage in the Omagh (Ulster) Herald.  Compare this to for example the Paul McGirr Ulster U16 Club championship featuring the 9 Ulster county champions and see how much publicity and press this great competition has been getting. 

I think its time Omagh people took a reality check and realise that they are not the only team in Tyrone and that the county board does not have to give in to their every demand.  League semi-finals are much more important to me than a division 3 ladies game, so play the game and stop complaining.  Or is this another attempt to give Joey some more recovery time?

ziggysego

You don't sound like much of a supporter of Ladies Football if I'm honest. Omagh Ladies have achieved remarkable success, in winning the Ulster Championship and being one game away from an All-Ireland Final. They deserve full credit for that and it's just ashame it is forgotten about or not even thought about in some quarters.

You may say it's only a Junior title and therefore not important. I tell you that, that is an extremely disrespectful attitude to hold. Those girls and all the backroom team have worked extremely hard to get where they are and you shouldn't be belittling them for it.

Believe me, it will mean not one iota to them, that it's a Junior Title. It will be one they will cherish for years to come.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

I see the Strabane Chronicle carried a report on today's Aghyaran/ Dromore game with an eye witness claiming the game was set-up for a draw. It's not unusual for these things to be claimed, but in a weekly paper?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mr. Nakata

MR99 you have done nothing but whinge about Omagh for the last month on this site. Dry your eyes.

Gaaman

Quote from: viiv on October 31, 2010, 06:18:19 PM
O'Neills All County League Div 1 2010

Trillick St Macartan's 2-12 V Carrickmore St Colmcille's 0-10
Aghyaran St Davogs V Dromore St Dympna's
Donaghmore St Patrick's 1-11 V Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa 0-3
Killyclogher St Mary's 0-8 V Greencastle St Patrick's 0-11
Omagh St Enda's 2-9 V Kildress Wolfe Tones 0-13
Errigal Ciaran 0-15 V Galbally Pearses 0-6

O'Neills All County League Div 2 2010

Moortown St Malachy's 0-12 V Pomeroy Plunketts 2-5

O'Neills All County League Div 3 2010

Fintona Na Piarsaigh 2-12 V Killyman St Mary's 0-9

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2

Brackaville Owen Roes 4-16 V Killeeshil St Mary's 3-12
Gortin St Patrick's 3-12 V Urney St Colmcille's 2-16
Rock St Patrick's 1-14 V Dungannon Thomas Clarkes 1-9

A major shock this. Do Gortin not have 4 or 5 County under 21s. Would have been clear favourites for Grade 2. Leaves the door open for our boys now hopefully.

MR99

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on November 04, 2010, 01:18:16 PM
MR99 you have done nothing but whinge about Omagh for the last month on this site. Dry your eyes.

Didn't want the Omagh posters to be the only whingers on the board :D :D

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 04, 2010, 12:57:46 PM
I see the Strabane Chronicle carried a report on today's Aghyaran/ Dromore game with an eye witness claiming the game was set-up for a draw. It's not unusual for these things to be claimed, but in a weekly paper?

well by all accounts it was a set up. I think something has to be done in future about this the league as a whole would benefit from everyone playin games competitively right to the end. Kildress played all games this year without any help and now as a reward have to go to arguably the hardest place in Tyrone to get a win to survive. Had the game been finished on sun it would have been played at neutrel ground. Looks like it's an uphill battle for Kildress - I think the tones are slightly better than aghyaran but can they go to aghyaran and win this time of year??? Can anyone?

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 04, 2010, 04:34:35 PM

well by all accounts it was a set up. I think something has to be done in future about this the league as a whole would benefit from everyone playin games competitively right to the end. Kildress played all games this year without any help and now as a reward have to go to arguably the hardest place in Tyrone to get a win to survive. Had the game been finished on sun it would have been played at neutrel ground. Looks like it's an uphill battle for Kildress - I think the tones are slightly better than aghyaran but can they go to aghyaran and win this time of year??? Can anyone?
Kildress couldn't beat them on neutral ground last year in the relegation play off- Don't think they will come away from trek to Aghyaran with a win-will have to rely on a victory over either Moortown/Loughmacrory

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 04, 2010, 04:37:19 PM

Kildress couldn't beat them on neutral ground last year in the relegation play off- Don't think they will come away from trek to Aghyaran with a win-will have to rely on a victory over either Moortown/Loughmacrory

I'd say your right I don't think Kildress will have a chance against aghyaran! Do u think you's will be able to handle moortown or lough next on neutrel ground??

stillsenior

Quote from: MR99 on November 04, 2010, 12:21:41 AM
With all due respect to Omagh and their ladies team (and I am a supporter of ladies football by the way), we are talking about division 3 ladies football, they are oficially the 17th best ladies team in Tyrone yet they will no doubt get huge coverage in the Omagh (Ulster) Herald.  Compare this to for example the Paul McGirr Ulster U16 Club championship featuring the 9 Ulster county champions and see how much publicity and press this great competition has been getting. 

I think its time Omagh people took a reality check and realise that they are not the only team in Tyrone and that the county board does not have to give in to their every demand.  League semi-finals are much more important to me than a division 3 ladies game, so play the game and stop complaining.  Or is this another attempt to give Joey some more recovery time?

I wasn't demanding anything just asking how can the county board ask the county to come out and support Omagh ladies and then set up a fixture clash?

KIDDO 4

This Sunday November 7th gives the County Minor Management team a further opportunity to get another look at the cream of under eighteen talent in the county. Following Wednesday night's trial in Donaghmore the original list of two hundred and ten was reduced to almost half that.

Players listed below to report to Augher for 9am:

Kevin O'Gorman (Aghaloo), Sean Hackett (Augher), Martin Gervin (Brackaville), Tiernan McGlinchey(Brackaville), Niall Owens (Beragh), Cathal Owens (Beragh), Barry O'Neill (Cappagh), Mark Bradley (Cappagh), Darragh Fox (Carrickmore), Cillian Barkey (Clogher), Darragh Kavanagh (Clogher), Padraig Hampsey (Coalisland), Tiernan Hampsey (Coalisland), Niall Graham (Coalisland), Aidan McCluskey (Donaghmore), Peter McCann (Donaghmore), Colm MacCrory (Dromore), Niall Slevin (Dromore), Tomas McCarron (Dromore), Declan McKenna (Dromore), Andrew Maguire (Drumragh), Brendan Drumm (Drumragh), Colm Corrigan (Dungannon), Sean Molloy (Dungannon), Tiarnan McKay (Dungannon), Philip Barker (Eglish), Declan Goodfellow (Eglish), Micheal McCann (Errigal Ciaran), Fintan Kelly (Errigal Ciaran), Aidan Quinn (Errigal Ciaran), Paul O'Hagan (Galbally), Neil Hagan (Galbally), Fearghal McGarrity (Galbally), Daire Martin (Killeeshil), Brendan Donaghy (Loughmacrory), Niall Donaghy (Loughmacrory), Harry Loughran (Moy), Niall Mc Ginn (Omagh), Nigel Brannigan (Omagh), Ciaran McLaughlin (Omagh), Ruairi Bradley (Omagh), Cormac O'Neill (Omagh), Ruairi McBride (Omagh), James Gallagher (Omagh), Ciaran Canavan (Omagh), Stephen Murphy (Omagh), Sean Quinn (Pomeroy), Brendan Burns (Pomeroy), Micheál Mills (Pomeroy), Kieran McGeary (Pomeroy), John Loughran (Pomeroy), Rory Brennan (Trillick).

Players listed below to report to Augher for 10.15am:

Patrick Devenney (Aghyaran), Kevin Penrose (Aghyaran), Christopher Lynch (Aghyaran), John McAuley (Ardboe), Michael Cassidy (Ardboe), Conan Campbell (Ardboe), Conan Dorman (Brocagh), Michael Carolan (Brocagh), Stefan Gallen (Castlederg), Pauric Donnelly (Clonoe), Declan McClure (Clonoe), Daniel McNulty (Clonoe), Ryan McCourt (Clonoe), Ciaran Blake (Cookstown), Matthew Hughes (Cookstown), Ruairi Mullan (Cookstown), Barry Potter (Cookstown), Eoghan O'Connor (Cookstown), Darragh Carney (Derrylaughan), James Kennedy (Derrylaughan), Mark Robinson (Derrylaughan), Niall O'Hagan   (Derrylaughan), Kevin McConnell (Glenelly), Aaron Devine (Gortin), Chris McClean (Gortin), Kevin Clarke (Greencastle), Cahir McCullagh (Greencastle), Eoin Brannigan(Kildress), Matthew Heagney (Kildress), Conor McAleer (Kildress), Caolan McNamee (Kildress), Darren McCurry (Naomh Mhuire), Enda McGahan (Naomh Mhuire), Connor Mallon (Naomh Mhuire), Thomas Lowe (Naomh Mhuire), Caolan Morgan (Naomh Mhuire), Lorcan McGrath (Naomh Mhuire), Brent Murty (Naomh Mhuire), Ryan Mayse (Newtownstewart), Ryan McShane (Owen Roe's), Mark McAleer (Rock), Aidan McGarrity (Rock), Diarmuid Carroll (Rock), Ryan Devlin (Stewartstown), Niall Dillon (Stewartstown), Frank Lowe (Stewartstown), Cathal Devlin (Stewartstown), Ben McGillion (Strabane), Dylan Arnold (Strabane), Shane McGonigle (Strabane), Plunkett Langan (Urney).

The following players that have been unable to play in trials so far because of injury are asked to attend trials in Augher on Sunday. Jonathan Munroe (Carrickmore), Mark McReynolds (Naomh Mhuire), Stephen Kelly (Cappagh), Barry Cassidy                (Dungannon), Matthew Jones (Eglish), Eamon Donnelly(Errigal Ciaran), Thomas Martin (Clonoe), Matthew McCaffrey (Dromore).  Any of these players that has recovered from injury should play in the trial games.

EC Unique

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on November 04, 2010, 01:18:16 PM

Fixed ;)

clarshack

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 04, 2010, 05:10:29 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 04, 2010, 04:37:19 PM

I'd say your right I don't think Kildress will have a chance against aghyaran! Do u think you's will be able to handle moortown or lough next on neutrel ground??

maybe i'm reading this wrong but if kildress lose against aghyaran they are relegated to div 2 with aghyaran then playing loughmacrory/moortown?