10 - Loughrey
11 - Kernan
12 - McGovern

13 - Wilkinson
14 - Downey
15 - McConville

Bensars

I think this thread is over the top.

Irrespective what you think of any player, just consider the time and effort put in over the last 6 months by these guys.

No player goes out in the ulster championship to play bad and therefore to specifically name tham in a weak 15 selection is uncalled for.

Uladh, have you played in the ulster championship ?    ( just wondering, due to the fact of being such an officiado with the knowledge to degrade players into said weak 15? )

derrymad

Yeah, think this thread is tough.  All these boys got to get up on Monday mornings and go to work. 

Uladh

Well done bensars... you win the prize for being the biggest "holier than thou" poster today.

It's for discussion on a discussion on a discussion board... There won't be an awards night or anything.

Players degrade themselves every week and various levels... they don't need any help from us.

get over yourself.

EDIT

Jaysus if every player was so worried about the opinions of those in the stands, paul casey would've quit years ago

thewobbler

Bensars, if it's got to the stage when you can't criticise players who aren't good enough, really then it's time to close the board and rename it FavouriteIrishSaintsBoard.com.

Analysis has to work both ways and in response to the old chestnut of amateurs working for nothing, well there's thousands of us paying in every week, and that entitles us to opinions.

orangeman

Remember Colm O'Rourke and Brian Dooher - also Pat Spillane and Francie Bellew and Pat's granny - sometimes these negative comments have a tendency to come back and bite you at some stage - so if you want to gee somebody up, put them into it or indeed the whole team.
But overall I tend to think that we shouldn't be that critical of players who are busting themselves week in week out.

Aghdavoyle

Surely Paddy McKeever has been consistent enough to force his way onto this team?

Jackie Lynch should be captain

Bensars

Quote from: thewobbler on June 12, 2007, 02:52:28 PM
Bensars, if it's got to the stage when you can't criticise players who aren't good enough, really then it's time to close the board and rename it FavouriteIrishSaintsBoard.com.

Analysis has to work both ways and in response to the old chestnut of amateurs working for nothing, well there's thousands of us paying in every week, and that entitles us to opinions.

Firstly, i didnt state you werent entitled to your opinion. I said i think it was over the top. ( Still do)

You guys fire away !   Criticise away to your hearts content !  

The hypocritical thing about it, is that you will be probably roaring some of them on the next day they play.   

rrhf

No Uladh really has no time for the Kernan family. 

BallyhaiseMan

No Cavan men Uladh? ???

a week or two ago you were lamenting about how terrible this Cavan team was,yet you havent named one player on your weakest starting team.

Uladh

You're just peeved that your argument that ronan murtagh was a good intercounty defender is proved a laughing stock.

BallyhaiseMan

In Fairness Uladh

I thought Murtagh was outstanding in the drawn game against us and good after a poor start in the replay.
He wasnt good on Sunday though.So i now would have my doubts with him as an intercounty back,I have no problem saying i may have been wrong. ;)

a switch to wing forward with Paul Murphy dropping to half back and Jack Lynch or McCrickard at MF for the qualifers looks likely for Down.

diesel-smuggler

the only medals uladh had is the miraculous one round his neck he got for christmas!  :D :D :D :D

Lecale2

A bit rough on Downey but I couldn't argue with any of the rest.

thebandit

Quote from: Uladh on June 12, 2007, 02:34:29 PM

5 - McConaghey

15 - McConville

Are you f**king kidding me? Seanie Johnson and Gerard Pierson are better footballers than Ulster's record scorer!!

This is a joke